C.O.W. #194 Best in Show. VOTING!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: vote for the best "best in show"

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • PokketMowse

6 10.71%
  • NetherVoid

3 5.36%
  • o0Dave0o

12 21.43%
  • porcupine

1 1.79%
  • haekel

7 12.50%
  • LJS

2 3.57%
  • tsyroni

1 1.79%
  • Si_Swe

3 5.36%
  • JanJager

12 21.43%
  • (lark

9 16.07%
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

C.O.W. #194 BEST IN SHOW_Voting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND #194 VOTING

Topic: best in show

Deadline for the voting: nov. 24th 9 pm pst.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by (lark; November 18th, 2010 at 12:05 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: PokketMowse

Concept: Pim

Pims are small, docile ungulates resembling unicorns or kirin. They are well known for their sequin-like scaled pelts and their spiraling white horns, the size and twists of which can be used to gauge a pim's age and maturity.
    Pims subsist mainly off raspberries and the squeals of little girls. They can be found in show rings the world over.

Name:  cow194_pokketmowse.jpg
Views: 1880
Size:  221.1 KB

Last edited by PokketMowse; November 16th, 2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Switched order

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Arthur Two Sheds

Concept: Duockg

When your beaked animal wins a prize, take it for a walk afterward. It will like it. Also, the man has a carrot head. lololololollolllolollloololol....

Edit: Fixed to fit brief.

Last edited by "Two Sheds" Jackson; November 17th, 2010 at 11:51 PM.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to "Two Sheds" Jackson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: NetherVoid

Concept: Ethetarious, Galaxy Critter

Born of a planet known for its abundant and beautiful “Ether” gases, the Ethetarious has adapted to its environment by adopting qualities of the Ether gas. Predators native to the Ether planet rely primarily on a keen sense of sight to find their prey and lay in wait till nightfall to hunt their prey. To counter-act this the Ethetarious has developed the ability to change the outer appearance of it’s fur depending on the intensity of light hitting it. In normal daylight the fur will primarily retain its green sheen, but when low-light conditions allow, the fur will change to resemble the Ether gases of the region. This allows an active camouflage of sorts and affords the Ethetarious an easy escape. Not only does this act as a defense mechanism but plays a large part in the mating dance of the Ethetarious. The most worthy mate will most accurately mimic the Ether gas,, not only allowing for a more beautiful fur coat, but also shows an especially acute aptitude for alluding predators.

For being born amongst such chaos and volatility in the Ether Region, the Ethetarious is quite amiable and docile once accustomed to a friendly caretaker. It is said that one can be mesmerized by the breathtaking Ether Fur for hours with no notice to the passing time… A caution for any future Ethetarious caretakers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NetherVoid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: o0Dave0o

Concept: Smugguss Egocentricus (Commonly known as a Tanar Bulldog)
    The Smugguss Egocentricus is a staple of the Intergalactic Pet Show and is almost always the breed taking home the top price. For centuries the Egocentricus has been regarded as one of the most appealing creatures in the galaxy, but unfortunately due to this popularity, breeding has transformed this creature to become less and less appealing. Similar to excessive plastic surgery on Earth, as the breed has been continually bred it has become less and less attractive. It no longer has back legs but rather a cape-like back end due to a more royal look. Also,due to it's centuries of popularity, through an odd course of evolution the creature has developed an apparent smug look on his face, permanently etched on this once beautiful creature.
    No one truly knows why the creature still wins first place every year, but it has for many centuries and will probably continue to win.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to o0Dave0o For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: porcupine

Concept: Naraga

These highly sought after creatures are hard to breed in captivity and the few times one is for sale it usually leads to bidding wars and insane prices. This because their appearance is considered beautiful by the majority of the Intergalactic Special Committee of Beauty. They are always represented in the finals of the prestigious intergalactic pet shows and some people will do just about anything to be the proud owner of one of them. This is also the main reason why the ISCoB now require all naragas to be DNA-chipped and UPS-registered, to stop the stealings, kidnappings and murders.

Last edited by porcupine; November 17th, 2010 at 04:57 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Haekel

Concept: Squizard
    The squizard is the last creation by GenomPets. Particulary smart, sweet, cute (with little extra fat for confort) and hypoallergenic, the squizard is the last fancy pet all accross solar system !
    Get your own copy ! Call Johana on 555 598 985 ORDER NOW !
    (12h hour shipping, Including Mars delivery !)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haekel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Glowmoo

You will only see the glowmoo in the rainy streets of planet Circa. It has been domesticated since the colonisation of the planet. His compact but very soft and luminescent scaled skin makes him well adapt to it's environment. During the first years of colonisation, he has been used as a guide and as a source of light to reveal the dark areas of Circa. Today, his funny looking face and his gentle and wise behaviour (exept for this one here) makes him the pet that every child of Circa wants to own.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LJS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Tsyroni

Concept: Anitoulke
    Male anitoulke are a common favorite for intergalactic beauty pageants due to their bright colors and vain temperament. Originating from a vibrant habitat, their patterns and various growths on their back work as camouflage and mate attraction (Much like Earth's peacock). However, some of the growths are poisonous to the touch of most species, limiting their handling to licensed owners.

Name:  COW154_final.jpg
Views: 1744
Size:  167.0 KB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsyroni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,527 Times in 542 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Si_Swe

Concept: Crested Tala

The Intergalactic Pet Show Association (IPSA) has been putting on the Polaris Organization's Official Pet Inter-species Tournament (POOP-IT) for nearly the past two centuries. POOP-IT draws many people from around the galaxy bringing with them a veritable menagerie of strange, domesticated creatures. Winner of this year (2284 CE by Earth's calendar), the 194th hosting of the tournament, was a crested tala of the planet Tischen, known for well for its mannerisms and it's beautiful, lambent crests. The creature is known for a vacant, sheepish stare and a doglike sense of loyalty. The creature has been known to have many mannerisms of the dog, in fact, parallels being drawn between dog and tala tendencies to lie on your bed exactly in the spot you need to be, then becoming flustered and dejected when one must inevitably move them a few feet.

Check out creature designs and make some of your own:
    Creature of the Week; Creature Spot

View Simon Sweetman's art etc. at:
    ArtStation; Personal Website; Twitter: @SiSweetman; Livestream Channel

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Si_Swe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 388 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: JanJager

Concept: Zippo
    Easy to handle, decorative, don't eat much.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JanJager For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: (lark

Concept: illumifox

A perennial favorite of the intergalactic pet show, the illumifox was not originally bred for its immense beauty. Instead, it was bred for tight space cave exploration and rescue. Created by scientists using common foxes from earth and splicing in genes from deep sea bio-luminescent creatures to make a creature very capable of low light exploration.

Very easily trained, the illumifox likes to present the judges of the intergalactic pet show with a light show display with its three tails. A showing that is always a fan favorite to spectators.

Name:  best in showfinal2.jpg
Views: 1726
Size:  183.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Naww man. I was still actually pretty interested to see how many votes my amended piece would score...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for JanJager. Simply effective and original concept. Bravo!
    I can almost hear it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX1Qg...eature=related

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff everyone. Here’s my round of crits for this pet show...

PokketMowse - Elegant enough, and I can see this as a domestic creature (that might win a pet show, at that). There is an odd luminousness to it’s underbelly that suggests floor lighting. The scales on it’s front look a little off and a little flat. Other that that, I’d try and avoid using as much white as you have here, for highlights.
    Arthur ‘Two Sheds’ - When you posted your image I was disappointed it didn’t fit the brief, but it made me laugh and I though the piece was amazing regardless. Then you put your “fix” in place and I lost my shit laughing. I still can’t not chuckle uncontrollably if I look at the image.
    NetherVoid - Very interesting and cute little creature. I think the flowing hair is really gotten across well and I like the impression one gets of the creature glittering (or perhaps being covered in glitter). The problem lies in the fact that it’s very hard to read. It took me a few looks to see the feet and the way the tail is curled around it. There isn’t enough tonal variation to define it’s forms in such a way that it’s easily read.
    o0Dave0o - This was entry gave me a nice little chuckle. I love the straight-faced seriousness of the creature. The sense of smugness is really gotten across here. Most of your forms are great, but there seem to be oddly jarrin stylistic differences in the rendering of the chest scales versus the rest of the creature. The tail also looks like it could use some more attention.
    Porcupine - Yours is another with a lot of personality, also conveying a very self-satisfied demeanor for your creature. Like I mentioned in the WIP thread, the form is lost due to the lack of tonal varation in the creature itself. I’m also not sure it’s abdomen would function to hold any kind of organ, but I like that it seems like a dig at the ugliness (and yet popularity) of the greyhound at dog shows, they also having an oddly small abdominal region. Push the tonal values for form and keep working.
    Haekel - I really liked your presentation on this one as a magazine, particularly as a genetics magazine. Your creature bears the cuteness that makes it instantly endearing to me, yet bears the qualities of a Chihuahua that make it seem feasible as a pet show contestant. The scale transfer on it’s back feet is awkward, especially when compared to the front feet. On the tail, I feel like it would have looked better to have the hairs taper in at the end. At the end of the day, though, I found your creature endearing and the execution admirable. You got my vote.
    LJS - You’ve managed to make another creature with quite a lot of personality. Great luminosity as well. Some of the painting could use some cleaning up, though, and I feel like the feet could have used a little more attention.
    Tsyroni - Overall I think you had a solid concept and design. The piece looks pretty nice, but there are some awkward parts. The feet and the arrangement of the legs in particular look very strange. The teal elements that look like they should be bioluminescent have no tonal variation with makes them look flat rather than luminous. I might also recommend more sparing use of the texture overlay, putting it in key areas, but mostly just using it as hints. The eye will fill in the rest for you.
    JanJager - Loved this little guy. Tons of personality and the peacock elements looked great in the end. The lips in the background look oddly eerie. The only complaint I really have is that some of the hair looks a little rough compared to your usually solid rendering.
    (lark - Like I said before, I really love this design and your presentation is excellent. The bioluminescence works well (and it allows you to do your regular teal secondary lighting) and the creature has a pride and elegance about it. Some of the rendering gets rough on the feet, it’s antennae and it’s tails, which is unfortunate, because as extremities of the creature, they draw a certain degree of attention.

Last edited by Si_Swe; November 18th, 2010 at 01:05 AM.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Si_Swe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome entries from everyone for this round! This one was a lot of fun! My vote went to haekal this round. I really enjoyed your presentation and the description. The magazine cover idea was, in my opinion, awesome and really gave a lightness to the whole thing! (and it was well rendered to boot!) Good job!

PokketMowse - I really liked your design a lot. Very very pretty and elegant. The colors are also extremely well done, and the whole image just fits together nicely. I love the patterns lightly set in the background, did you draw those yourself? Good job!

Arthur 'Two Sheds' - I know you weren't in the voting, but I just wanted to say, you're crazy and your fix made me laugh out loud!

NetherVoid - I really like the design, its quite cute and pretty at the same time (which can be hard to do!) The description is great too. I think in technical terms I just would have liked to see a little more light and color. The whole painting has a very pastel tone and feels as if its being bathed in fluorescent lights.

porcupine - I like the idea of the creature and how it is so sought after its a dangerous business to have these. I like the spotlights you used but I feel like they could have been integrated more and interact with the creature, showing where the light is hitting him and where it is in shadow.

LJS - You are the master of setting for sure, I love the dark night street scene you've created and the mood of the piece. I think the thing that bothered me were the creatures legs. they feel rather jelly like and a little underdeveloped and I would have love to see them a little more described. Great job at making him glow though! That's hard to do!

Tsyroni - Nicely done, I really like the idea of it being beautiful but deadly and dangerous as well due to its poisonous spikes. The rendering is really strong and I think all this could use is a little glow on the blue spots to really add some atmosphere!

Si_Swe - POOP-IT... nice..real mature All joking aside, I really like the rendering on this one (a little more so on the enlarged head) I know you said you weren't entirely happy with this piece but I do think it's strong, maybe just needs a bit of setting to set the stage so to speak and give it more an identity?

JanJager - Hehe, you were a close second for me, I really like the rendering and the suggestion of scale through the mouth behind the creature. He's cute, but I just didn't get the feeling he would be considered the most attractive thing in the galaxy but rather just a really nice pet.

(lark - Very beautiful render on this one. I appreciate your rendering abilities a lot and the story behind it is very strong as well. Really I dont have much to critique, the reflection is believable and he's elegant yet useful looking too.

Thats all I got! Looks like a great run from everyone, I had a blast!

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to o0Dave0o For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some great work from everyone! Man, voting was tough. I ended up voting o0Dave0o for originality in design, story, and illustrating the theme well.

PokketMowse - Really liking the forehead crest and horn design. Over all a nice looking creature!

Arthur 'Two Sheds' - Like the others, I got a damn good chuckle out of your "fix". Also, mad painting skills, dude. Looks great!

NetherVoid - Cool design and I dig the biological description to accompany it.

o0Dave0o - I like how you've taken something once beautiful and injected it with frump, and yet it's still a winner. A really fun twist on the concept! Also really dig your lighting and colors.

porcupine - I love the Dr Suessian smile this creature has. Nicely done.

haekel - Love your scale texture and the rendering in the face. The magazine approach is also a great idea.

LJS - Very friendly face on your creature, and I love the mood of your background.

Si_Swe - Really nice detail shot of the face. The body has a good and uniqe design to it. Gets a bit blurry in areas but it has a strong enough silouhette that I can read it okay.

JanJager - Awesome and solid design. Honestly I would love to visit the society where this creature could win a beauty contest.

(lark - Nicely rendered and good work on the glowing patterns. Really like the shapes you have going, especially in that front shoulder area.

Thanks for the feedback folks! Si_Swe, it's actually just a custom brush at low opacity. I thought I made it subtle enough but looking at this on a darker monitor, you're right; way too strong. You're both also right about the bioluminescence. I waffled on it and forgot to add it in before uploading it. Thanks again!

Last edited by Tsyroni; November 18th, 2010 at 02:16 AM.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tsyroni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PokketMowse - Very pretty and would easily pass as a contest winner. Perhaps it looks bit too much like a standard unicorn to be truly unique but non the less a good creature.

Arthur Two Sheds - Hehe awsome! Your fix made me laugh so hard. Also the piece is beautiful. Looking forward to coming entrys where you read brief closer ^^

NetherVoid - It looks so light and elegant, I really like it. I think a different color highlight in the eyes would have made it look more alive but thats perhaps just personal preference.

o0Dave0o - Awesome! So much personality! The hind legs and paws are somewhat hard to read, little more work in those areas would have made it even more great.

haekel - It looks really cute and one could easily imagine its being sold in the future. One thought thou, if it's hypoallergenic wouldn't it make more sense if it had no fur at all?

LJS - Really pretty colors and shapes. Even tho it's simple, it is very effective! Gets my vote, I wish I could have one as pet!

Tsyroni - Looks like a flower. It would probably have looked better if the light parts werent that bright but other than that it feels very solid.

Si Swe - It has a gorgeous face and the entire creature looks elegant and swift. It kinda looks like its floating in the air where the paws meet the floor, some shadow or reflection to make it look like it standing would have made it even better.

JanJager - Really nice! Love the details in the crest and feathers and it's cute with such a small creature. Its legs looks somewhat diffuse in some spots, but overall its great.

(lark - Your rendering is gorgeous as usual, the colors are beautiful and the creature elegant. I'd very much want one of those as pet! Perhaps the pose looks slightly awkward in the hind legs but a solid entry overall.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to porcupine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This round my vote go to Janjagger. I love the concept : a cute bug. Was a difficult choice because some other entry where as good a this one for me.

PokketMowse : Very nice concept. love the legs texture and the rendering style.

Arthur Two Sheds : Mouhahaha. I love your first pic. but the fixed one is fantastic. Make my day on humour point. Love your style too.

NetherVoid : vVery nice concept. love the idea and the creature rendering. I'm less fan on the hand.

o0Dave0o : One of my alternative possible vote. The face is really great. The attitude you catch here is perfect !

porcupine : Great attitude too. I'm less convince by the rendering here, too detailled perhaps. I really prefer your cartonny render, than this one.
    But it's only taste matter... not very constructive sorry.

LJS : Nice pic. Like the glowing idea.

Tsyroni : love your pic. The back flower is a stunning idea, well done.
    (less fan of background tought)

Si_Swe : Another near to get my vote. Love the head rendering.

(Larck : I really love your rendering style. Too me, the only flow is the rendreing of the glowing lines on legs : appears to me as interferring with fur...

In conclusion, I'm very proud to gets my first votes here. It's very comforting. Thanks to all of you, and special thanks to people who take time to give tips to beginners like me.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to haekel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First off, I want to say hello to everyone, since I am very new to this site and all you wonderful people. Second, thank you all so much for taking the time to constructively critique my work... it is what I have been needing since I don't have much of an art "clic"(?) around here. The comments and critiques on this creature alone have made me rethink the way I view tonal changes. I realize now that most of my work does have that "pastel" look because of a lack of tonal variance, I see it everywhere now! lol. It's great, now I know where to start improving. So thank you again =). I hope to take part in this much more often.

Amazing entries here, there really was something I liked and could appreciate from each piece. My vote went to haekal. Your presentation was stellar (no pun intended, ha), at least to me. I like the solid integration of graphic design elements, coupled with great rendering. Also your little creature stood out to me because I could really visualize it in my house, taking care of it, and grooming it to be the next galaxy beauty winner.

PokketMowse - I really enjoyed the hair on this one. It flows quite nicely, and for some reason I get a polly pocket kind of feel from it... which, I think is good for the cuteness factor. The flow of the horns works really well and I like how well the light flows across them.

Arthur 'Two Sheds' - Haha, your imagination is fantastic! I thought it was great before, especially with the carrot hat, classic! The fix was even better, and you made the correction look like it really was on top of the picture to boot, kudos to you.

oODaveOo - The thing that really stuck out in my mind was that portrayal of a smug demeaner. You really hit it on the nose (no pun intended...again). I like to look at the picture fully before reading the description, but I knew that smugness was what you were going for right off the bat, no description need. Awesome.

porcupine - I thought the idea of putting trophies in the background to set the tone of a competition was great. I think everyone has hit on it already, but really going out of your way to define some of those shapes would really help the believability of the creature. I think the shadows around the mouth, and beneath it where the neck meets is great. If that feel was continued throughout the creature I think the shapes would have had a bit more depth.

LJS - I chuckled a bit when I saw this... the little guy leaves a trail! I think its great, and originally done. Not only is he beautiful, he leaves alittle bit of himself wherever he goes. What a thoughtful little creature.

Tsyroni - Your transition from the blue to the red really looks beautiful in my eyes... it reminds me of those crazy colored push up pops I used to eat as a child. Thats the embodiment of good memories for me, so it really got me. All I would say is that the background really throws off my focus of the subject because of the stark difference in quality and detail.d

Si_Swe - Rendering is great on this. The individual shapes have been defined and there is definitely a noticable difference in texture between objects.

JanJager - So tiny! This one has alot of character. I think it's really the eyes that do it for me. To me, they portray a fairly sharp intellect, a stark difference from what you normally think of with an insect. I like that aspect, because it becomes more endearing, and you want to connect with it.

(lark - Those glowing lines really add an "otherworldly" feel to this one and make it a definite candidate for Galactic beauty winner. The way you tied it in to the background with the reflection was an elegant solution.

Thanks again everyone, it was great being able to take part in this event with you!

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NetherVoid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    jan jager is my pick! cute AND beautiful

37. The Following User Says Thank You to emerging For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So many good entries!
    Every single one of them has something unique going for them, very hard to vote.

In the end, had to give it to JanJager. Lovely presentation and subtle size-indicators.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward B For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Didn't get a chance to finish mine, but had time to vote, and here be my mini-crit

PokketMowse - Great job. Honestly this thing reminded me the most of what would happen if 'show moms' got their hands on aliens. The thing is nothing but elegance and pomp. Big 'doe' eyes, wavy hair that a show mom could brush for hours, elegant little hooves. Limbs that look like they'd snap from a stiff breeze...Everything a pet show winner needs ...

Two Sheds - lulz. I snorted. I snorted and my fiancee gave me a weird look.

NetherVoid - Cute and cuddly for sure. I kind of wish you pushed the 'vapor fur' a little bit farther. Great textures in there.

o0Dave0o - Still love that expression. The shoulders up are spectacular. Not sure how I feel about the 'cape rear'. Very rigid. Just kind of makes some distracting and unappealing shapes down there.

porcupine - This was a hard one for me to pass up. Dig the silhouette, the lil details here and there. The design is great from what I can see. Would've had my vote but it's a little too flat =/ Also, the spotlights kind of wash the face out a bit. Next time maybe cut the beams off earlier, and do the highlighting in the render?

haekel - D'awwww. Still adorable. I'm not sure if it's just my monitor, but your darks aren't very dark. It's AOK at the top, but under the hands (wrist area) and pinky, it's not very pushed, kind of flattened it out down there on the bottom half =/ The face just makes me want to buy one though. So cute.

LJS - Paha, he pees bright green... I giggled. This cracked me up. Love the style, love the colors. A very garish pet.

Tsyroni - Loved this too. Absolutely love the ...back..pedal...thingies. Colors are great in contrast with the skin. I'm getting a little lost down there on the hind leg at first glance, but the only thing that really got me was the mouth. Such a strong, relatively plain line in that white of the mouth. I just kind of keep popping up to that spot instead of perusing the rest of the body.

Sj_Swe - So shiny. I love the elegance on this one. The fins totally remind me of those gel filled stress reliever toys with floating glitter and crap inside - except not quite so tacky. I love the sharpness on the back of the neck and the beak, really grabs you.

JanJager - I really dig this one too, I personally just thought it was more 'a curious marvel of the (future) Natural World' over "The most beautiful pet there is to be had!" Really the only critique I could offer is that some of the white hairs kind of seem to be out of nowhere, and the far leg (where it's fading) is kind of hovering off where the tip of the finger would be (unless it's REALLY stretchin' it's last little 'digit' on that leg hehe) . You dropped it back enough it took me several passes to even notice what was wonky to me about that though, great job. Your handling of the 'peacock' feathers was my favorite part of any submission, great work.

(lark - This face was hands down the cutest one to me. Maybe it's cus I'm a big fan of little canids, but it was adorable. The nearest leg (its front right) gets a little...wobbly looking, but doesn't quite match on the other front leg, so it's just looking a little wonky to me. The club feet don't do it for me as much in the front. I think if the leg and feet had the same 'fluffy' quality that you've got on the back of the neck it would tie it together more, the softness to the form would be more a factor of the fluffy fur that way.

Those be my crits (albeit a little late)! They be only what I see as some effort to offer something constructive even though all your skills are far and away better than mine =) I admire you all and look forward to the day of running in your ranks!

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fireburnspaper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 910 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    o0dave0o got my vote.
    great job, everyone~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wth I came here to vote Arthur and I can't.

What was the problem with it not fitting the brief. Best pic of the round if for no other reason than humor.

Clark your entry is looking great too. There's some loss of perspective though which could've been eliminated if you'd used a stronger shadow. When i glance at your critter I'm not sure if it's the back or the front side I'm looking at, then it ties in as I look closer. Part of it may be due to the "paws" the creature has too. If he had some sort of fingers/claws it may have alleviated the issue. Then again please don't take this the wrong way, it may all be simply in my brain.

ooDaveOo: love the thing on top of the critters head. Really well done.

JanJager: Freaky little guy, I'm not sure if I should adore him or squash him though!

Tsyroni: Well done, good vivid colors.

PocketMowse: Yours also works very well as a concept, reminds me a bit of a unicorn from a cartoon until I pay attention to the details.

Anyways, I really can't vote, because my spirit is crushed since I came to vote Arthur.

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Niva. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all! I just wanted to say a big thank you for all the votes for this round. These are my first official votes in a challenge, and I am so proud to be tied with someone on the level of JanJager! (come on, you're pretty damn good at these things JanJager ) Thanks again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats to o0Dave0o and JanJager on their stars #1 and #4.

Members who have read this thread: 1