P.O.W.! Challenge 44--Final Poll
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for one entry only (and not your own)

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • bhanu

0 0%
  • j.s. sabastian

0 0%
  • tobbA

0 0%
  • vineris

3 30.00%
  • Vritra

7 70.00%
    Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following

P.O.W.! Challenge 44--Final Poll

Final Poll: P.O.W.! 44: The Monster Mash...

We have officially confirmed with this topic that everyone here is ten years old and having way too much fun--we had five entries with a total of 23 pages, and another four starts posted as non-competitive... Jeez, you people really need to move on to nuclear physics or philosophy or sumpin'...

The voting will be open for roughly three weeks. Vote for one artist (and NOT yourself), and just to remind you--the theme is "The Monster Mash..." with any interpretation you felt appropriate to your story.

Artists are posted in alphabetical order...

Last edited by Ilaekae; November 9th, 2010 at 10:25 PM.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bhanu...

Attached Images Attached Images              
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    j.s. sabastian...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tobbA...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    vineris...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vritra...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Non-Competitive: donalfall...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Non-Competitive: PxelSlayer...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Non-Competitive: Raoul Duke...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Non-Competitive: T_Paul_L...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for vineris. I really liked his style, and also like the way he used his panels.

I would have voted for bhanu, but the lettering was hard to follow. Also, the narrative confused me at times (I wouldn't know if that is what you were going for).

Last edited by Vritra; November 9th, 2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: typo
    Sketchbooks

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vritra For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually, I'm glad you mentioned that...

bhanu, your text is way too small for most people to read, and you're not the first to post a piece here with that same problem. All of us have to remember that a comic is a bastard form of literature, as much as that thought makes our "real writer" friends gag, and has to be readable as well as interesting as art. Down the line, I'd like you to take a look at the comic in this thread and maybe look at ways to improve the readability. It's great art, and it should be a great comic as well. Fixing it shouldn't be as hard to do as you might think...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,345 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This was a tough one! I ended up voting for Vritra. I really liked Bhanu's style, but it was not quite clear enough. All the entries had something good going for them, though, it was hard to choose.

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vineris For This Useful Post:

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with the crit dear sirs.
    Will definitely work upon these things...and more too. Thanks

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhanu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    t_pual_l realy great start would have love to see it finished!!!!!
    raoul duke you had an over all great sense of action with the linework!
    pxelslayervery intense charactization. but the half and panel from face to castle....should not be equal in a sense the castle should have been the main focul point thean the charactor's face IMP...becuse you ting envirenment in the art work
    donalfallMONSTER M.A.S.H!!!! that is so classic.....i laughed my ass off great exicution as well....kudos to you my friend!!!!!
    vritraWOW!!!! you really came through for me at least your art was clean your storyboarding (panels) where crisp clear and effective and the story telling was sound scary and dark!!!!!! (my vote went to you)
    vineres very solid work..... decient story line over all there was just too much black in it for for me...... but great non the less!!!
    tobba clean cut line work great through the looking glass type of tranformation the child looking through the window. good stuff!
    me well first off the word bubbles kill the eye and distract from the art....and me we should try to write the story before hand.......dumbass!
    bhanu i can see that your a skilled artist but in this challenge i felt your work was really rushed so much to the point where even in your finall entry my eye had no idea where to go ......and i was confused in some panels of what i was looking at...it was chaotic art and i love chaotic...... i actually like your story over everyones....

Last edited by j.s. sabastian; November 16th, 2010 at 06:52 AM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j.s. sabastian For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1