Had small problem with polls...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Had small problem with polls...

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Had small problem with polls...

Thanks for your patience on the polls. I haven't overlooked them, but I haven't been able to post them for a while because of a tech problem at my end that we just accidently resolved--My wife had to work from home for the last year, so I rigged a router to the line that allowed both of us online at the same time. Suddenly, I started experiencing "time-outs" when I tried to upload anything that took more than a few minutes to finish. This obviously included the polls. No matter what we tried, we couldn't figure out what was happening until she moved back to her Pittsburgh office a few days ago.

My router had an antennae on it (which I didn't use for security reasons), but apparently something powerful and electronic in our neighborhood was triggering/interfering with it and inadvertently messing with our DSL transmissions. It would cause the ISP to register an overload here and cut me off the line for a split second, which obviously made it impossible to post the polls. Problem is now solved (I chopped off the fuckin' antennae) and polls will be uploaded by tonight.

Sorry for not mentioning this before, but we were trying to figure out what was wrong before I posted anything in explanation--and it turned out to be just (still) unexplained random weirdness. Situation is now resolved. Sorry for the delay, everyone.

Additional note, just for completeness... A lot of volunteer fireman live in our area (including my wife) and we think (not sure yet) that the communications equipment they use was causing our antennae problem. Nobody ever noticed it before probably because our area is semi rural and no one uses "wireless" computer access here normally.

Last edited by Ilaekae; November 9th, 2010 at 10:54 AM.
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's fine, sir. The fact that POW! has survived this far is because of your perseverance. There is no need to apologize.

Sketchbooks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vritra For This Useful Post:

donalfall is offline The Cat's Deputy (POW! Moderator)
    donalfall (at) gmail.com
    Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vritra has the right of it, Ilaekae, you basically are POW. Whatever it takes, when you get the polls there, we'll be waiting to vote.

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1