Art: Illustrator Help

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Illustrator Help

Hopefully I've posted this in a right section. It has to do with graphic design since I'm working on a logo in illustrator. What I'm having trouble with is how to create text to go in circle like in the Starbucks Logo? I know that I draw a circle and then type on path but when the text goes under, it doesn't turn normal it's upside down and reading from right to left instead of left to right. Can some one please help me out with this? Thanks.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I've kind of figured it out. One more thing, When designing a logo and having something that only has outline such as circle. How do I make the thickness to stay the same when rescaled down? I used to know this stuff but didn't mess with Illustrator for a long time.

Thanks
    The outline always stays the same when shrinking something. Or are you trying to have the outline scale proportionally to the scaling?

If so the only way i know is by going to the object menu > transform > scale.
    There is an option to scale stroke & effects. Which will transform everything uniformly. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Hi DamJam

Basically what you need to do is select the ellipse tool from the main tool palette and draw out an circle, then you need select the 'type' tab on the main palette and navigate down to 'type on a path tool' after doing this hover above your circle and click, you will then be able to begin to type out what you need. What you can then do is use the direct selection tool to move the three 1px bars that appear at the start, middle and end of the text you have just typed. If you experiment with these anchors you will notice that you can move the text to appear on the inside or the outside of the circle, depending on your preference.

Let me know if you have any problems!

Useful tips and tricks blog here Creare Web Design

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.