DrawCraft Match Request

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

DrawCraft Match Request

The idea for this game is just incredible in my eyes and this will give me that much needed boost to get on my art and keep producing awesome work!

CHALLENGE!!!
    I would like to call out anyone who wants a good artistic and imaginative challenge. Here are the rules so far:
    (Keep in mind we can change and reinvent ideas as we progress and see fit).

Basic rules:

At the beginning of the game each payer must choose a faction. It can literally be anything; dwarves, sci-fi aliens, possessed household appliances, whatever they might want. Players must then draw up their command building (whatever it might be) and a basic soldier unit and place them on the board. The object of the game is to defeat your enemy by destroying their command building. The spirit of the game however is to defeat your enemy in the most unique way possible.

By default, each soldier can move one space per turn and have one ability (such as attacking or any other special ability) however soldiers can’t move and attack in one turn (to start…) Each soldier has one hp and deals 1 damage (if they can attack at all), so at the beginning must will die in one hit. Buildings start out with 3 hp. Creating new buildings and soldiers means that the player must illustrate them and reveal their abilities. Players can also spend time upgrading buildings or soldiers (and of course drawing the changes)

Grid size 7x7
    New buildings can only be placed adjacently to any current occupied space
    (This makes for buildings not to just be placed anywhere)

During their turn, each player can do one of each of the following

- All units can be moved simultaneously
    - Can only use an action with one soldier (such as attacking or using a special ability)
    - Produce new soldiers from production buildings (each production building will yield one soldier next to it) or upgrade a current design. Soldiers will pop out of their production buildings and be placed in an adjacent square.
    - Place a
    new building on the board (by either copying a current design or drawing a new one) or upgrade a current design. Buildings can only be built next to other buildings.

So if you're upgrading a type of soldier you can't also build one in the same turn, same with buildings. If however you want to make a new type of soldier, you can place it on the map that same turn.

Soldiers do 1 damage and have 1 hp, so unless upgraded they'll die in one hit. Buildings all have 3 hp (unless upgraded) and can have one ability such as production, defense etc. Upgraded soldiers and buildings will have one extra ability, such as extra damage or movement, unique effects etc.

I'm still writing up the more specific rules on upgrading (I want this to be as simple as possible) so this play through is sort of mandatory.

Basic strategy gameplay mechanics should be used;
    if you want to make a new type of unit (a vehicle rather than a footsoldier) then a new type of production building should be made. Maybe you build a mage's school to give your soldiers some basic spells, or a shield array that protects soldiers adjacent to it.

Whenever a new unit is made the players have to post a closeup of it along with its abilities.

Players go back and forth altering the board as units are created, destroyed and moved. Any rule however can be bent or broken through the players creating new buildings or soldiers with different effects, every rule except one; no one building or unit is a game winner. No building a nuke, a super-plague or nanites that will wipe out the entire board. Any other tactic is valid; ninjas that can move outside the board, space cruisers that can move over other units without having to go around, zombies that take over other units, special upgrades that bend the rules etc. We want to have (and see!) a fun game with players vying for control, not a compound on either side that’s researching the doomsday device.

I think once we get these rules a bit more established we should post a new thread with the official rules.

Last edited by Darkfallenx; November 5th, 2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nyctaliga joins the game.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I've uploaded a smaller board if you'd like to use it instead. Thanks for updating the rules, I'm going to rewrite an "official" set of rules and post it when I can, but feel free to bend or break anything as it is

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i want to play, i challenge you Darkfallenx.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nyctalgia, we shall commence battle beginning Monday at noon! Both of us need to have our first pieces drawn out and placed on the board before noon. Whoever places their pieces first shall be elected to make the first move. From there, I know everyone has schedules and plans, so I was thinking at the end of each post we give open slots of time that we have available that we can place our next move in. That way we can keep playing at a constant pace and not have to keep checking every 10 mins to see if the opposing player has made their move.

Good Luck and lets have some FUN!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes! The battle will be of divine proportions! Hoo-rah!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wanna play!
    alti?

Here is my Sketchbook. Please have a look if you have time. Thanks.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=119105

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wana play too...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.