C.O.W. #193_Bandersnatch_Voting!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Which one Bandersnatched your vote?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paolo13

4 5.88%
  • brambor

0 0%
  • emerging

38 55.88%
  • totengraber

0 0%
  • Art4All

1 1.47%
  • Forrest_I

0 0%
  • SwitchbladeArchitect

11 16.18%
  • samming

0 0%
  • (lark

0 0%
  • moonskinned

2 2.94%
  • SCF

1 1.47%
  • Si_Swe

1 1.47%
  • porcupine

0 0%
  • skullbeast

1 1.47%
  • o0Dave0o

0 0%
  • BigBreakfast

1 1.47%
  • CrazedIvan

0 0%
  • haekel

0 0%
  • LJS

7 10.29%
  • Fractalbot

1 1.47%
  • justonecog

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,527 Times in 542 Posts
    Follows
    Following

C.O.W. #193 Bandersnatch VOTING.

__________________________________________________ ___

Round #193 VOTING

Topic: Bandersnatch

Deadline for voting: NOV. 17th (9 pm PST)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Si_Swe; November 11th, 2010 at 12:03 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: PAOLO13

Concept: BanderSnatcher
    It is a misunderstanding that gave the to this creature its name, as he loves to eat a powerful mushrooms which goes by the name of Frumious Bandersnatch. The BandrSnatcher is a very peaceful creature, but under the influences of the toxic plant it becomes ferocious and dangerous. Note: In ancient folklore, many used to tell the story of the monster who would endanger the young by actually portraying the sellers, of the powerful drug, as an evil beasts.

CA_Sketchbook
    Gray Zone Portfolio
    Paolo13 on FB

"As a concept artist, it is not the question that is important, it is the unexpected answer" William B Hand

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Brambor

Concept: Bandersnatch
    Bandersnatch - mostly a docile creature of the woods that becomes a ferocious beast during its mating season. Males "sing" a mating songs using 4 pairs of nostrils, that are connected with each other through a complicated net of channels.

My sketchbook Crits and advice highly encouraged!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brambor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: emerging

Great round! My version of Frumious Bandersnatch!

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to emerging For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: totengraber

Concept: Frumious Bandersnatch

The Frumious Bandersnatch stalks through the forest leaving behind the scent of freshly baked pies
    Luring the unsuspecting denizens of Wonderland to their delicious demise

Last edited by totengraber; November 11th, 2010 at 07:01 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bandersnatch

Artist: Art4All

By the swamp it waits
    from the night it wakes
    Bad kids it shall catch
    shun the frumious bandersnatch

*i know its a BAD poem LOL*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Forrest_I

I'm a little dissappointed when I look at my final and everyone else's final. But here it is...

The bandersnatch is a very sly creature that resides in the woods waiting patiently for an unsuspecting victim to come along. The bandersnatch is intelligent and uses it's words to trick people with weak willpower to venture forward. Once close enough, the bandersnatch traps the victim with its tail and consumes them instantaneously.

Last edited by Forrest_I; November 8th, 2010 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: SwitchbladeArchitect

So, hopefully i posted this right. I imagine my version of the bandersnatch to be about chest height on a man at its tallest point of its back. I see it as being much like a tazmanian devil where its growls and snarls seem much larger than itself but if it catches you in its path it will charge.......

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SwitchbladeArchitect For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: samming

Like most creatures in Wonderland, the Bandersnatch is very odd in nature. Generally lopsided and queer in appearance, the Bandersnatch is not very mobile and tends to wait for prey. The Bandersnatch is also always in the mood to hear a good joke, however it usually has a tendency to eat any joke-tellers that it happens upon.

The Law of Fives states simply that: All things happen in fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5
    The Law of Fives is never wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKatrdKvBkc

Sketchbook : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=196859

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: (lark

Concept: furmious bandersnatch

in a certain wooded area in Oregon. there grows something called the "Fungi Furmiousa". this odd form of psychotropic substance causes a very specific kind of hallucination. everything appears normal except you gain the ability to see a strange creature, the Bandersnatch. studies into the actual existence of this creature are as spotty and controversial as that of the Sasquatch.

believers, that have seen the beast, report that the bandersnatch doesn't intend physical harm to people, but instead thrives on frightening those that see it. it usually does this by lighting up its sharp claws to direct attention to the danger they imply, and glaring fiendishly to impose as much fear as possible. another odd trait is it's wings which are so small that they don't have any apparent purpose other than to add to it's imposing nature. it is theorized that it is actually protecting something, but no one has been able to stand its presence long enough to find out what.

thrill seeking high school kids local to the area, commonly seek out the fungi furmiousa, in order to get "furmious" as they say. every trip they take ends the same way. with the kids running out of the woods screaming "shun it! shun it!"

Name:  bandersnatchfinal.jpg
Views: 2432
Size:  157.2 KB

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to (lark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The frumious Bandersnatch dwell in the ashen wastes of the once vibrant gardens of wonderland. Belching coals and fire, they leave ruin in their wake, dispersing into the rivers of molten lava that blight the landscape when threatened. The Red Queen often uses the Bandersnatch as assassins against particularly obtuse political opponents, many dying in the lightning fast snapping jaws of the malevolent Bandersnatch.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moonskinned For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: SCF

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SCF For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Si_Swe

Concept: The Frumious Bandersnatch

bandersnatch: n An asshole with two mouths. Can be meant in a literal way (e.g. The bandersnatch cackled at me out of one mouth while the other chewed on my prized tulip). Or in a figurative way, signifying a double-entendre, usually meant only for the asshole themselves to understand (e.g. The bandersnatch was complimenting me in one mouth and laughing at my misfortune in the other).

frumious: adj To be mischievious in a seemingly friendly way (e.g. The frumious bandersnatch told me I was pretty while it swiped my prized goddamn tulip from my grasp).

Last edited by Si_Swe; November 9th, 2010 at 11:21 PM.
    Check out creature designs and make some of your own:
    Creature of the Week; Creature Spot

View Simon Sweetman's art etc. at:
    ArtStation; Personal Website; Twitter: @SiSweetman; Livestream Channel

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Si_Swe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: porcupine

Behold, the Frumious Bandersnatch!

Last edited by porcupine; November 9th, 2010 at 09:13 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to porcupine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: skullbeast

Lurking in the wastelands, feeling for vibrations, stalks the Frumious Bandersnatch. Frumious Bandersnatch's gibbering can be heard loudly at twilight in hungered anticipation of the evenings surprised meal. ....walk softly ....erratically... and very quietly.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to skullbeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: o0Dave0o

The Bandersnatch is a curious creature. In general the Bandersnatch is not something to be feared but it can be easily spooked. Once spooked the Bandersnatch's crests turn a reddish hue and release a pheromone appearing as steam coming of its head. When this happens the Bandersnatch is considered "frumious" (a name given by locals to describe the apparent 'anger' displayed by a steaming head). The pheromone released attracts more Bandersnatches who also become Frumious and one can find themselves in heaps of trouble very quickly. When not frumious the Bandersnatch is harmless, but shun the frumious Bandersnatch or else!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bandersnatch Entry

Artist: BIGBREAKFAST

Very hairy, very blue. The Bandersnatch blows smoke at you. It's only mark of humane disdain, unless you count love for causing pain. A sinister creature, neither meek nor mild, he's frumious and fully wild.

Attached Images

Last edited by BigBreakfast; November 10th, 2010 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: CrazedIvan

"I dont know why he dose the things he dose, the Bandersnatch. In fact if you
    asked him I doubt he would know himself. I doubt anyone dose. He values
    himself like the rarest stones found in Wonderland, since he is the only one of
    his kind you see. That idea has really gone to his head so much so that hes
    gone mad, most everyone here is. I told him I disagreed with him and in fact him
    and I are indeed the same. He had the most puzzled look on his face oh, it was
    a sight! I said our pink purple stripes are the same. Oh he did not like that one
    bit, he got quite frumious, quite frumious indeed!" The Cheshire Cat

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: HAEKEL

Concept: Bandersnatch (Frumious one)
    Listen well, when it's foggy, perhaps you should ear the bass of the screamin' bandersnach, the frumious one. You'd better stay in town...

Last edited by haekel; November 10th, 2010 at 04:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

COW LJS

Some really nice entries so far.
    I'll let the image describe what I think a bandersnatch is...

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LJS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bandersnatch

Artist: Fractalbot

Concept:The Bandersnatch
    [/B]The fastest and fiercest mad creature in Wonderland, everyone is afraid of the Bandersnatch. It lurks in the treetops, leaping down on its unsuspecting prey from above while gnashing its teeth frumiously.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: justonecog

Out of the pages of the poem, the Bandersnatch makes his frumious entrance to terrorize men and children alike. Words and ink manifest into a visage most envisioned by the reader.

Last edited by justonecog; November 11th, 2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Incorrect tags

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cuts this week: markovi.djo Reason: I felt the creature was too human-like, which is strictly against COW rules.

Close to elimination: none, but I would remind everyone that descriptions should be added to your entries.

I will post crits tomorrow in the morning. Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...Or maybe just later tonight. Great round everyone. I did not expect this many entries on the topic and was very pleasantly surprised at the turnout. Keep kicking creature ass!

markovi.djo - Your bandersnatch has a lot of personality, and I think the style really helps with this. I’m not a huge fan of the use of the rake brush in such large amounts, but it gives a nice inky feeling that is reminiscent of Sendak-ian works. On the other hand your creature is very human-like, which is strictly against COW rules. I’m sorry I had to eliminate you.
    Paolo13 - Excellent creature. Great rendering and original design. I think the hair on the back could have been done a bit better, it looks a little too straight, and unaffected by gravity, seemlingly. While I really like the alternate expressions for your creature, the presentation of them makes them incredibly hard to read. Putting them into a box as the others are would really help with this.
    Brambor - I like the eeriness of your piece. The creature seems like it would be silent and careful. I would recommend using less white in your highlights than you have here. In terms of the topic, I’m not sure I get a frumious-ness off your creature, as abstract a thing as that may be.
    emerging - Had to vote for it, in the end. Let’s put aside for a minute that the rendering is stellar to the point where most people’s mouths water; the creature’s design is simple, but bears a strangeness in its lanky, sinewy form. Then you have the very creative idea of, what I assume to me, a long, maneuverable snout. It fits very well the sound of “bandersnatch” and I get a nice impression of the personality I’d expect from a small angry dog looking at a post-delivery person. On top of that, I get a distinct Carrol-ian impression from the whole piece. The only thing I feel is truly weak is that the blue light feels a bit flat in some areas on the head.
    totengraber - There is a great bizarre-ness to your creature. I can easily imagine it prancing around the forests. One thing you need to do is use harder brushes. Everything in your piece is blurring into the thing next to it. Softs are great for establishing smooth gradations into light and shadow, but you need more hard edges to create forms otherwise everything gets this, sort of, out of focus look. One other thing, please add a description to your piece, it need not be long, but it should be present in some fashion or another.
    Art4All - Pretty good job overall. I think the fur is quite well done. Certain touches like the visible ribs are nice and, in conjunction with the boils, gives a darker tone to the piece. Certain areas need cleaning up, though. The boils/cysts lack form and require more definition. The blue rim lighting looks awkward and out of place, in part because the line is so thick. With things like the smoke (the source of which is unclear) try and avoid use of the blue tool too much without working back into it with the brush. It always ends up looking like blur tool...ness, with isn’t the best.
    Forrest_I - Your creature itself is pretty nice. There are some nice forms going on, though the greater part of the torso is rather flat. Your creature could use a bit more in the way of texture, too. It looks pissed off, but something in the pose makes me unsure whether it’s about to claw my face off, or sit down and have a talk with me about how “this pot smoking business isn’t going to become a pattern, right?”
    Switchblade Architect - You have excellent rendering. The creature itself looks gorgeous. Despite that it didn’t have any personality to me. Your creature fit “bandersnatch” to me just fine, I just see absolutely no emotion present in a round where, I felt, giving the creature elements of character would’ve really helped.
    samming - To me, you have the opposite problem of Switchblade Architect (see above), your creature is packed with personality, but the technical elements aren’t quite there. The forms don’t quite fit and lighting seems a bit off. Parts like the eye look like they’re very well rendered, but other elements have a much more cartoony style, reminiscent of shows like Samurai Jack. It all functions a strange almalgam that almost (almost!) works.
    (lark - I liked your description a lot (was the one of the only ones that really contained “shunning”), and I’m glad to see some more saturated colours in one of your pieces. I can imagine this guy is absolutely huge even though the scaling devices are far from the creature. Not a big fan of the flat, textured ground so much, but a solid piece, regardless.
    moonskinned - The creature itself is quite well done, good forms, lighting, textures etc. As abstract as this is, I didn’t really get “bandersnatch” from the creature in the same way I did with others. The background could have used a tiny bit more attention in the foreground.
    SCF - You have some nice rendering and textures in areas, but I can’t help but feel the creature is a bit plain overall. I like it’s wideness and the odd square-ness to parts of it, which make is seem more rock than flesh. Like I said with moonskinned, though, I just didn’t really get “bandersnatch” off of it.
    porcupine - Really packed with character and personality. I think using a simpler style worked well here. My roommate said “It’s like Dr. Seuss did Where the Wild Things Are”, I agreed with him wholeheartedly.
    skullbeast - A very skullbeast-y beast. I really liked the description. There are some really strong elements to this one. I think the carapace on the legs is really well done, and I love the veiny-ness of the throat pouches on the hand/heads. The colour combination, though, off the grey-blue legs with the oranges and the pinks, leads to an eclectic palette that doesn’t quite feel unified in the end. Certain areas of the creature, like the leg carapages and the right hand have a lovely sense of form and depth, but parts like the lower torso, the mouth and parts of the left arm feel much flatter.
    o0Dave0o - Good lighting and forms in a lot of this, though there are some inconsistencies like the strange facial plates on the sides of it’s head, which do not have any shadows suggesting that they jut out, but are completely absent from the other side of its face. I would recommend spreading your attention differently, though. Here, the details the eye is drawn to are unimportant creature elements. Detailing is on the neck and an area of it’s side. These area’s tend not to be important, where areas like the creature’s back, feet and stomach feel ignored, despite them having greater importance. It’s important to emphasize the important elements of a creature while largely ignoring parts that are only important in terms of forming the creature’s basic anatomy and form.
    BigBreakfast - While I think you’ve done a pretty good job on your creature and I think it has a lot of character, your drawing is really messy. Dial up your brush size on everything. Everything in your piece is done with these tiny scribbly lines that create a business and a uniformity in stroke. Little brushes are good for accentuating details, but when everything is made up of small brush strokes it gives everything the same scribbled texture.
    CrazedIvan - I think you’ve gotten across quite well in your piece a sense of the creature being self-important, not only that, but having been self important for quite a long while. There is an agedness to its personality. Some of the forms could use definition and study of animal anatomy and musculature would help this.
    haekel - The head of your creature is fantastically done, but the rest of the creature doesn’t share this level of detail and attention. There is an akwardness in the shadows and placement of it’s right hind leg that makes it blend into the body in a weird way. and the textures present in the head’s scaliness don’t reappear in the rest of the creature, which would have created a much needed unity. i like the atmosphere to the piece and if the smoke was a slightly lighter colour it would have even looked like the bandersnatch had created all the smoke around it.
    LJS - I really liked your entry here. There’s a lot of personality present in your creature and it reads really well as “bandersnatch”. The environment really fits with the creature’s design and the piece feel unified as a whole. There are some weaknesses in the painting is certain areas that are caused by using too small of a brush such as the running watter and the lighting on it’s knees. Nicely done, though.
    Fractalbot - I really liked the expression on your piece and it made me chuckle. It looks like it wouldn’t be out of place in an episode of Samurai Jack or even a Pixar movie. Some of the musculature seems a but strange, particularly since the arms are not the same. The other strangeness is with the post. The front half seems to suggest a foreward poucing motion, with the hind legs suggest that the creature is in the process of climbing.
    justonecog - Very eerie creature. I think it fits “bandersnatch” pretty well and you have some nice forms and shadows going on in the piece. You cut it close, entering literally as I was setting up the poll. The one thing that bothers me, I guess, is that its head seems over large, like it would fall over forewards.

Cheers everyone.

Last edited by Si_Swe; November 11th, 2010 at 11:47 AM.

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Si_Swe For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome round everyone, I love when theres so many different styles and visions!

Paolo13
    - Nice one, I really like his facial expression when eating the mushroom and the creature as whole is believable. It would have looked nicer with the faces in clean boxes too though.

Brambor
    - The bodyshape, arms and legs of your creature is really cool in an awkward way. I think its suitable and fits with all the playing with words in Jabberwocky. I also like the description of it singing with it's nostrils. It would have been nice with some crisper edges in the picture.

emerging
    - Its really really great in both creature design and rendering. I love the snout and how the ears (or is it horns?) balance it. The ears (or horns) themself are awesome too. If I were to find anything to improve it would be to maybe put just little more time on background to make it go from a great image to totally awesome one!

totengraber - Love your description and your creature has very nice and lively eyes. As mentioned before it would help to use harder brushes to define edges to make things separate from eachother.

Art4All - Really cool one, I like the plagued parts mixed with a more furry mane, it feels frumious indeed. It looks bit leaning, like it's gonna fall over. I don't know if you do this but if not try flip canvas every now and then and you'll see that more easily.

Forrest I
    - It looks suitable as a Bandersnatch with good personality. The hands are bit hard to read I think and some more highlights/shadows/textures would have made it more alive.

SwitchBladeArchitect
    - Its a stunning picture with beautiful rendering, colors and mood. The creature looks more like a dinosaur too me than a Bandersnatch, a very pretty dinosaur tho but still bit off.

samming
    - I like the playfulness of your creature. I think its very suitable for this round and fits topic very well! Its shape is bit awkward and flat, I'd suggest try look at pictures of an animal with similar shape as your going for to help get joints and limbs and shapes look good.

(lark - Awesome! Love the colors and fur and setting. The description is very good too. You got your own style and it's a nice thing, sometimes I feel many of your creatures are these bulky round things with humanoid hands and while thats not bad or anything (personally I love that type of body) it would be fun to see more varied shapes.

moonskinned - Whoa! Awesome. Creature, colors, everything is so nice! Makes me think of World of Warcraft for some reason. Maybe the tip of the nose looks bit skewed, but it's not really bothering me.

SCF - Another nice one, looks like it roaring and growling really loudly, and the forest is very nice too. It looks kinda strange where the hind leg meets the body but otherwise I think its really cool.

Si Swe - What a nice thing to say! Thank you both!

Anyway, it's very clever to write the description as a dictionary and I love the creatures double mouths and many hands, it's very belieavable as a Bandersnatch! The colors too is nice and it looks like it's camoflauged to live in that forest, much like a real predator, perhaps edges could be crisper in some places to make it pop more from background.

skullbeast
    - Immidiatly one can tell you did this, it's always cool when people have their own distinctive style! The description is great and I love the colors, to me the actual creature looks more like an evil alien than a Bandersnatch tho, but a very cool alien.

o0Dave0o
    - Your description made me laugh and the creature fits it. Overall I really like the piece, but I think the back hind leg seems bit off, maybe it needs to be darker as it's in the shadow and I think maybe some silouhettes of trees or mountains or something in the background would have made it even better.

BigBreakfast - Nice one! I like blue and how its casually sitting on its mushroomy hill smoking it's pipe is very fitting. As Si Swe said try use bigger brushes for shapes then small for details. Oh and I love your poem.

CrazedIvan - Love it! Would love even more to see it in color!

haekel - Another cool one. The colors used are great and textures and facial design is cool too. Hind legs looks slightly awkward but overall I like it.

LJS
    - Really nice. I love his big hands and clever eyes and furry fur. Its also cool with the other one jumping in the background, gives a feeling thats he's fast and agile. I think he would look even better with some sort of broader beak but thats just personal preference I suppose.

Fractalbot
    - Awesome! Its so frumious! (And the poor girl hiding knows it too). I love the setting and colors and patterns on it. Only thing I dislike is the left paw, it looks kinda round where claws are attached. Still it gets my vote!

justonecog - Another great creature. Colors, shapes, textures, all is good and I especially like the front hoofs. I agree with Si Swe though that head seems bit too heavy for the body.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to porcupine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voted for LJS - nice and detailed rendering and cute creature. The only concern would be maybe that the creature looks like it's moulded from different parts of different animals rather than one whole. Other than that you are my pick!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voting for emerging, awesome creature and especially like the lighting. A few great entries though, LJS for overall detailing and ambient light, Porcupine for cartoony style and cuteness factor, Clark for awesomeness (almost got my vote and would've if I could vote twice) BigBreakfast similar to LJS for great detail and ambient light, Skullbeast yours actually really looks bandersnatchy to me.

Really great round guys!

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Niva. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my vote go to Emerging. Your bandersnatch is great.

my comments on some other entry :

PAOLO13 : I like the alternative attitudes for the face. I like the rendering too. Rear fur seems a little bit akward by the way, IMHO.

Brambor : Very nice colors. Your beast looks nice and fits well in is forest.

totengraber : Nice concept. I like the eyes and the frumious tubes. Perhaps your rendering is a little bit fuzzy...

Art4All : nice critter. I see miasma in your frumious vision. Perheaps you could have a more dynamic view with a less orthogonal view.

Forrest_I : Remind me a minotaur. The scar on the face is great. Perhaps your skin color is a bit to similar on all body parts.

SwitchbladeArchitect : Whaou ! great style and render.

samming : nice beast. Perhaps some ref pic could help you to improve body structure.

(lark : Great one.

moonskinned : nice bandergator Your render is wonderfull. I also find your colour very vibrant.

SCF : great beast. my only concern is the four eye thing (as said ealier) I dont feel the skull part here.

Si_Swe : I definitively love your style and ideas.

porcupine : Love your graphic style. It's very poetic !

skullbeast : freaky one. A little bit nightmarish for my vision of alice world... Great render indeed !

o0Dave0o : very nice lights here !

BIGBREAKFAST : I love your creature. The contrast between the civilized pipe and creature look is very funny.

CrazedIvan : Nice beast. The head seems a little bit detached from the body to me.

LJS : Great vision here. I love your bandersnatch.

Fractalbot : Nice concept. I like the hiding girl : she does great for the mood.

justonecog : nice one. The head is perhaps a little bit to big vs the body, IMHO.

Thanks for all comments ! thanks for a such great round !

43. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to haekel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All great entries! I voted for Paolo13, myself. The story along with the concept really felt Bandersnatchy to me.

Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate it!

45. The Following User Says Thank You to totengraber For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

a belated bit of snatch

Skullbeast I quite liked yours- somehow it fit the name and very horrific (the way fairytales used to be),
    and moonskinned yours too from a frumious point of view.

I kind of fell of the planet the last couple of weeks- just started doodling ideas for bandersnatches on the last day-
    sad I missed the fun
    ....ah well

Heres my unfinished belated bandersnatch for interests sake (seeing as the wips section was closed).
    It 'snatches' and then gulps creatures like a deep sea fish- acid fumes from is huge gullet billow from its mouth as it digests its prey. Kind of giraffe sized in height.

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lach-land For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1