Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: ChoW#220 :: Classic Fantasy Pin Up

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it!
    Here is a color update..
    I made the head a bit larger and shrunk her body, so she won't look so long.
    I like what it so far .. but still far from done... I was too lazy to do the hands..
    Attachment 1094515
    Off to cook dinner...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    That´s sounds like fun.

Here´s my first sketch, I try to portray a female elf.
    Still lot to do, add elfish things and change skincolor maybe...

Thanks
    So much progress going on already!

Andreruben, Hellbeard, Abrodos, Matias, GEB, Ninsta: kudo's for going with an orc! Not easy to pull of I figure. Especially your value only version has a very Frazetta / Boris Vallejo-ish feel to it GEB. Very nice! Matias' orc feels more Elvgren / Vargas pinup though.
    LA-Fairy: Very cute! With a user name like yours it's gotta be a fairy.
    idoru: A guy pinup! Very rare I think (except for those works in the "Chinese androgen guy portraits"-style I can't remember the name of)
    Pixeltuner: You're already this far ? You're a machine, a machine I tell you! Nice progress though. Don't know what it is exactly, but she somehow reminds me of Amy Winehouse.
    Jager: Heh, cute fairy Jager! Something Tim Burton-ish about her though (maybe it's the frog)
    Tbaldree: Oww, very Elvgren! I like it a lot.
    Mittymandi: That's such a cute dwarf! Good job, not easy to pull of either I reckon.
    Parsakoira: Yikes, you started over? Good call though, this version feels more pinuppy indeed.

I'm currently a bit torn. Wondering if I should go classic pinup with fantasy outfit, fantasy pinup with an attempt at rendering it to look like a classic pinup or something more playful (or a combination) ...

3 quick sketches:
    ChoW#220 :: Classic Fantasy Pin Up
    Kind of miss the tiger here ... too much WoW I guess (yup, I played a night elf)
    Last edited by RicoD; November 3rd, 2010 at 06:15 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RicoD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Haha, rare indeed!

I'm actually... Finished, I think. x3 Which is good, because I'm working for the rest of the week! Hoho.

Thanks
    Hey guys! I'm generally a lurker around this place, but when I saw this chow, I just couldn't resist! Here are my lines.

Thanks
    Idoru Yeaah let's get some men inda house!!
    LaFairy This is looking amazing, but I think she needs a slightly different skin colour, or perhaps there's a way of making her look more magical, (perhaps glowing?) as she looks very human at the moment.
    Ninsta yeah i went for the bow one, changed a bit though! Nice work on yours!

And here's mine. I completely went off on a tangeant. I tried a goblin, but I think I just can't do it! Lol, I want her to be pretty and girly, so perhaps she is an elf? bah!

xxx

"Draw me like one of your French girls."

My Blog > http://louisasepiphanies.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Amazing stuff already!

Quote Originally Posted by xLouisax View Post
    LaFairy This is looking amazing, but I think she needs a slightly different skin colour, or perhaps there's a way of making her look more magical, (perhaps glowing?) as she looks very human at the moment.
    Good point! Thanks for pointing that out. I was trying new colors.. I like em, but there is something missing. I'll add a glow or different highlight/overlay when i add the wings. Thanks.
    I love your concept.. that is just rawrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoD View Post
    LA-Fairy: Very cute! With a user name like yours it's gotta be a fairy.
    YES! The fairy wings are coming..
    I like your third one, the face is very cute/sexy...

Thanks
    Looking great, everyone! sexy all around...

...especially yours Two Sheds.. lol

here's my WIP - I was lucky to get a lot done today. more to come... im tired now....

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matt kohr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    ninsta - although i might not continue this pic...I'm not sure it's candid enough..
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    still gotta make some more passes on it, but prob not gonna change much..

Yay pinups! There's a ton of great stuff happening this round.

Attachment 1094633
    Please PM me if you'd like an individual crit.

idrawyouonthesubway
    huxleycreative

Thanks
    wow matt kohr that is brilijant ! love the movment, and her look, and well everything

started adding some color
    Last edited by Jager; November 3rd, 2010 at 11:45 PM.

Thanks
    I typed a veritable novel... I don't know what prompted the compulsion, and I'm sorry if I left anyone out... I'm also sorry if anyone is offended by any input I provide. I realize I'm not yet a professional and therefore may step on toes more proficient than mine... Alas, I may never be so verbose again...

GEB - Very solid construction! Admittedly I liked your second WIP's values a bit more and I wonder if you couldn't zing the colors a bit more... Otherwise I am envious

Zantillia - I'm a newb also, and nobody has smacked me around for being so... yet. CHOW has been a way for me to try to overcome some of my usual problems and elevate my art. So come on in! The water's fine, and apparently swimming with scantily clad fantasy folk...

Parsakoira - I love where the flesh tones are going! A LOT! And she's definitely more pin-up now

Katanasoul - I'm not sure what the issue is w/ your color... I only know your figure looks quite sound and the costume is fantastic, especially for being woozy. Just try slapping some colors down intuitively. I tend to put a base color (for the skin, for example) and then based on the hue of my light source modify said color, and so on... (Not that I know very much, mind you)

Ninsta - I have to say that while there's a lot else right with this piece I love her face. Those eyes are so intense yet inviting, and the molding lend the otherworldly aspect of the character a strange humanity. My primary concern is with the visible leg, its shape, molding, etc. and also with the balance of the figure... I assume she's crouching? sitting? Still, lovely direction

lissinator - the composition is great and your character has tremendous attitude and bearing. I'm not sure if I'm splitting hairs but the position/perspective on the head/face? When I first looked at it my antenna went up (no euphemism intended). It's probably nothing...

Pixelturner - Lovely colors... fabulous textures, etc.

LA-Fairy - It's coming along nicely

Xaya - Vava-voom! And oh yeah... sexy blah blah blah... Seriously... I love the flesh tones... especially that deep hue on the left cheek (her left) and the flesh tones juxtaposed with blue, etc. I'm just plain flabbergasted

RicoD - I pick the third iteration but w/o too much going on around the character (which I realize may be difficult, no?)

troyzart - I think the character is charming (does she have a lollipop? oh the scandal) ... Even though I realize this is meant to be more loose/cartoony I think her right leg might need adjustment... and perhaps a slight tweak on the composition? Because my eye is drawn to the legs in front instead of to the face… Of course I could also be talking out of my butt…

Arthur ‘Two Sheds’ – Lovely work as usual, though I may have to put Drain-O in my eyes

matt kohr – You need to just get the heck out of here. Seriously. Now. I need to go somewhere and cry. (Pause) K… I’m back. This is lovely. And I hate you. (I kind of like the placement of the second step more… Can you flip it back??)

prepsage – Wow! Definitely WOW inspired… hehe. Her haircut is my favorite…

Jager – the colors are fabulous… I feel like I’m looking at an old delicious print…

And after all that here's my next WIP, which I know needs more love than I may likely have time to give it 'ere the end...

I appreciate any and all critiques, comments... and I take as good as I dish out

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasterTroglodyte For This Useful Post:

Thanks

First time participating in one of these. Not sure if this counts as a pin up, but she's partly naked and pretty? ^_^;;;

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast