Thanks

Exclamation Please help me! (kickstart me)

B Smith here, and im going to make this short and sweet. I've got a KICKSTARTER on my project Parallel Dilemma. I want you to check it out (link below). There are alot of good gifts for pledges, so please check it out. I'll put the synopsis below the pictures, so you know about the story. The art is by JC Grande (Johnny Monster, ect) and it looks great. Currently he's working on the sequential pages, and will post some so you can see soon! Please check it out the link and my site www.imageekent.com and spread the word to your friends, please. Thank you!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rallel-dilemma

This is the main character Benjamin.

Please help me! (kickstart me)

This is the first pin up of Parallel Dilemma which has the Grim Reaper and the beautiful Tonya from the Temptress Society!

These are the rest of the main cast :

Jessica (Ben's fiancee)

The Henchmen (to the Reaper)

And as a bonus, the first 20 pledges over $10 will receive a free copy of my manga/comic Rockstar Savior preview book. The preview book is 20 pgs which includes exclusive art, with character designs, and the first 10 pages of the Rockstar Savior book.

Here is the synopsis:

Enter the world of Parallel Dilemma… where one man’s wish becomes a lot more than what he bargained for.

Parallel Dilemma is focused around Benjamin, 20 something year old man with a fiancée that went off to WWIII to fight for his country when his life dramatically changed. While fighting in the jungles of Korea, he spots a sniper in the distance and while trying to save his soldiers from their fatal destinies, he gets shot in the stomach. In the realization of what was happening, and all of the emotions from looking at a picture of his fiancée Benjamin utters a wish… that he was never there. After passing out from his wound Ben wakes up back in his apartment with his fiancée Jessica, one of the local television news reporters. Everything of that gloomy jungle is erased from everyone’s mind, except his and the Reapers. The Grim Reaper granted Benjamin’s wish with one price in mind… to ferry souls (to capture and transfer souls of the unliving into the afterlife) to repay the price of his own. Benjamin struggles with this newfound dilemma, battling his job of ferrying souls and to his instinct of saving lives {Parallel Dilemma!}. Through his dilemma, he must try to live his normal life which includes his day job and his planning of his wedding and future wife.

Throughout the arc, we will see the introduction of Tonya, a former temptress and Benjamin’s main rival and a love interest. Tonya, like Benjamin, received a second chance from the Reaper in exchange of being a Ferrier. Once Tonya and Ben meet, an instant sexual tension is created.

We will be seeing a lot of emotional issues from Benjamin’s life and puts life into perspective for him. He gets an order to ferry a child who has just died of cancer. In this issue, we will see Benjamin go into the (neutral field) with the child, seeing the first glimpse of the afterlife. The (neutral field) looks like a ‘Hades-like’ place where souls get judged, until you get inside the building. It turns into a giant ‘DMV’ looking space. After spending hours with the child, Benjamin takes the night off and heads to a bar where he runs into, non-other than, Tonya. After buying Benjamin drinks, Tonya shows Benjamin her vulnerability and vice versa, as their feelings start to grow for each other. While all of this is happening Jessica starts to grow suspicious of Benjamin.

Towards the end of the projected arc, Benjamin starts to show signs of wear physically, which for one, causes Jessica to start her own investigation of what is going on with Benjamin and two, causes him to slow down in trying to save people’s lives, which in affect puts his life in danger and gets saved by one of the women in his life.

In the final issue of the arc, we save the best for last. While on another ferrying mission, Benjamin and Tonya cross paths again, which leads to a kiss, then abruptly gets interrupted by the Reaper and his henchman. The Reaper comes and explains that there is a way to win their freedom back, a ferrying contest. Once the announcement was made, a noticeable change happens to Tonya, putting a distance between her and Benjamin. Benjamin goes home to sleep and Jessica sneaks in the apartment and finds nothing so she snuggles up to Benjamin only to notice he smells like another woman and leaves. Benjamin wakes up the next morning, or so he thinks, with the engagement ring next to his nightstand and with Tonya at the door. She lunges herself at Benjamin and after the embrace, she stabs Benjamin with a blank look on her face as he falls to the ground.

My Sells Pitch: Parallel Dilemma is a different kind of comic with a different view on many topics like the Grim Reaper and the process of the afterlife. It offers readers an opportunity to escape into an alternate reality that has different kind of story that is very unique, with action, drama, romance and comedy (intended comedy, not because of the writing sucks or anything).

If you got any questions, you can check out my websites at www.imageekent.com, www.paralleldilemma.wordpress.com, or www.imageekent.blogspot.com. Or you can also contact me personally at im.a.geek.ent@gmail.com. Im also selling ad space, so contact me if interested. Thanks.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imageekent View Post
    B Smith here, and im going to make this short and sweet
    Phew! I thought for a moment you were about to post pages of incomprehensible spam.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    You might be better served bothering pure readers and your friends, rather than a forum full of artists trying to make a living themselves.
    (I've bought other artists' books here before, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay them to make one - unless it's Elwell's painting guide.)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,922 Times in 838 Posts
    Benjamin, 20 something year old man with a fiancée that went off to WWIII to fight for his country
    How sweet of her to go and fight for his country...
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tobbA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    tobbA, I now have a grammar crush on you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 887 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobbA View Post
    How sweet of her to go and fight for his country...
    And, it turns out she's a man named Jessica. . .

Thus, this story contains elements of The Crying Game, Jacob's Ladder, and the TV show "Dead Like Me."

But, my story's gonna be a lot better! It'll contain elements of Red Dawn, Memento, and the TV show "Two And A Half Men."