Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae View Post
    Okayokayokay...so how many threads in the lounge have actually inspired a P.O.W.! Challenge? At this point, at least ONE.

We have a P.O.W.! up about Talking to Girlz/Guyz,

and it's here...

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=199895

...as if you had anything better to do...
    Brilliant idea

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Let me share my wisdom on women. They will ALWAYS give you a sign if they want you to talk to them. If you see the sign and you don't act, you're a fool. It could be a smile, a wink, a head nod, a light touch or a compliment. That means she WANTS you to talk to her. Recognizing these signs and having the balls to act on them is the difference between being a 40 year old virgin or a playboy with 12 kids (condoms don't work every time). Now go forth into the world and get some strange.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ogdogg For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Can we not thank and reply to spam.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting topic actually, like the "What made you depressed today" thread.
    Kinda looked it over but then you realize it applies to yourself and you wanna share.

Well I have read many people with the issue of being shy. But thats not exactly the main issue in my case. It is more so along the lines of spotting the signs of interest so to speak. I'm not nervous or anything when I'm talking to a girl I'm attracted to its just I'm not the type of guy who can walk up, ask someone out, be rejected then just shrug it off like its nothing. However, I'm about 3 years out of high school and looking back I just realize I am quite naive when it comes to a girl giving out a sign and ironically I actually was hinted at quite a bit to my surprise in school.

Whether it be something with a "possibility" like a girl complimenting my eye color, or something that is pretty obvious like a girl who starts sitting next to me for no reason on a non crowded bus sparking up conversation about myself, or even something as blatant as a girl accidentally touching my stomach and going with the cliche "Ooh do you workout". Yet each time I have naively passed it off as nothing without a clue with some standard remark. "Uh.... no, I don't. Thanks though.... cyaaaa!". A lot of those I kick myself over because they were so obvious it wasn't even funny haha.

Ironically its not something thats easy to overcome either, not even 3 days ago at a party a girl kept coming over and talking to me and afterwards it hit me that it might have been a hint. Its not like its something you can easily practice either haha, I mean its not an everyday occurrence to get hit on (At least for most people)

Well thats my 2 cents and personal experience on the topic, for me its gotten better over the years where its not weeks before I sit there and think back and end up face palming myself going".... HOLY SHIIIII .... SHE WAS FLIRTING!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ermm talking to girls....@_@
    conflict CONFLICT COOONFLIIICT!!! unknown territories!!!
    RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

i dont understand why some girls like to stare at me and look away when i look back o.O
    is it because i look like a girl? or because im Asian or wat? do they like me? what sort of cryptic language is this, i dont understand at all o.O

But one thing for sure when i was on a bus back home, a hottie was flirting with me, smile exchanges back and forth, she was not the typical city bus riders :/ ...couldnt find the nerve to talk to her... :'(

Yo Yo YO Panel of the Week POW

Needs Critique CrimsonBows

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SalOnimaruRem For This Useful Post:

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    We now know the truth, Oni. You're just too damn cute to be allowed out without proper guards...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

TASmith is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oni Rem, let me save you a lot of trouble. You're not ever going to understand women. Don't try to. Just be respectful. Take care of yourself, worry about your own future, plan for yourself, try to help those around you, and once you've got your shit together, women will have respect for you. Once you've earned a woman's respect, love happens.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TASmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae View Post
    We now know the truth, Oni. You're just too damn cute to be allowed out without proper guards...
    i dont know, girls dont talk to me unless i draw something or have connection with people they know...sigh...
    When they know they be liek omaawwgawwsh youz an artist!!

idk if am paranoid or what but i think this girl was trying to be slick and take a pic of me on her phone around the art sections of the school
    when i was drawing... -.- was i reading her action wrong o.O

@_@ i had this short haircut awhile back and it makes me feel like a little school girl

Quote Originally Posted by TASmith View Post
    Oni Rem, let me save you a lot of trouble. You're not ever going to understand women. Don't try to. Just be respectful. Take care of yourself, worry about your own future, plan for yourself, try to help those around you, and once you've got your shit together, women will have respect for you. Once you've earned a woman's respect, love happens.
    hahaa totally!! i cant seem to understand girls when i try to and when i dont...i missed out -.-
    hell yeah im just gonna stick to carving my future, forget girls...bunch of mysterious extraterrestrial life form with dramas

Yo Yo YO Panel of the Week POW

Needs Critique CrimsonBows

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    People in general take interest of others when they're doing something like drawing, or playing instruments- or randomly deciding to dance on tables.

It's not a bad thing, I'm supposing it's a good conversation starter on their part when they ask you about your pictures.

Either way, don't focus entirely on wooing people from the opposite gender, like others have said, why not focus on your work/future so you can be AWESOME and then you can go around in jet backs and rainbow pimp suites.

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol the "never talk to strangers" is only for when ur a kid... hhaaa everyday i talk to someone that i have never seen nor will ever see again.

just watch out who u are thinking about talking to.

Sketchbook

my subconscious does not stop begging my conscious to draw.
    hmm does that mean im a slave to my subconscious?
    at least it doesnt beg for crack. ha.

Jovian M is offline HOW MANY PUSH-UPS CAN YOU DO? Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why is there a thread about this? Just cuz you draw doesn't mean you have to be a social retard. Be funny. If you need it for the confidence, drink a little. Jesus.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,122 Times in 871 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Am I the only one here who's basically never had a conversation with anyone based around my art? Like sometimes little kids will come up to me and be fascinated by my work or whatever but I can't really ever remember that happening with an adult/someone close to my age.

Same with playing instruments hahaha...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    Am I the only one here who's basically never had a conversation with anyone based around my art? Like sometimes little kids will come up to me and be fascinated by my work or whatever but I can't really ever remember that happening with an adult/someone close to my age.

Same with playing instruments hahaha...
    Nope. Talking about my work makes me uncomfortable. It feels like someone is asking me to talk about something very private.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been painting siamese twins, during my frees and younger students keep coming up to me and starting conversations about it. So far I've had about 10 kids doing this. xD

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 598 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    Am I the only one here who's basically never had a conversation with anyone based around my art?
    No. The very idea of having a conversation about my artwork with anyone outside the art 'circle' (still less a stranger ) is hideous and foreboding, like a maggoty crow nailed to a tree in a misty forest.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post:

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Am I the only one here who's basically never had a conversation with anyone based around my art?
    Its just not art I guess, its what type of art. I mean a regular person will not be much interested in a thing like concept art, with orcs and stuff. They would be far more interested in a portrait you might drawing of them, or a landscape, stuff regular people think which qualifies as art.
    And yes most conversations with people are uncomfortable, alot of them just assume that you will draw a portrait of them at their request, and give the portrait to them.
    Or they will talk about a half crazy cousin who likes knitting or anything else not related to art.
    Or they will just tell you that their kid can draw as good as you can, but they wont let them cuz he needs to get a real job.

So its all out there man.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 277 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I let people come to me, not the other way around. Just stop worrying about trying to force a conversation (I'm awful at that anyway) and let things flow naturally. More importantly, show interest in whatever they're talking about, and don't be a dick.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bhanu View Post
    Its just not art I guess, its what type of art. I mean a regular person will not be much interested in a thing like concept art, with orcs and stuff. They would be far more interested in a portrait you might drawing of them, or a landscape, stuff regular people think which qualifies as art.
    And yes most conversations with people are uncomfortable, alot of them just assume that you will draw a portrait of them at their request, and give the portrait to them.
    Or they will talk about a half crazy cousin who likes knitting or anything else not related to art.
    Or they will just tell you that their kid can draw as good as you can, but they wont let them cuz he needs to get a real job.

So its all out there man.

So true its not even funny.... well.... a little funny.

Especially the parts about them asking you to draw them or draw something FOR them. "Yeaaaah..... you know I'm just drawing something right here and now but I can drop it all to give you a free drawing and waste my time for someone who will probably throw it away within the hour". I have only had 2 incidents where someone was generally interested in my drawing without ranting or asking me to draw something for them. Both very nice conversations, the other 98 times annoying and awful.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Members who have read this thread: 1