Need some CA to model for a compositing project
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Need some CA to model for a compositing project

I didn't know where to post this so I figured the general forum would be the safe bet. I'm currently going to school for VFX and working on my demo reel. I have something cool in mind but I can't draw at all and I'm about as creative as a rock so I thought I would reach out to the CA community for some help. I was hoping someone maybe has some kind of plane or other flying vehicle CA that they have just lying around that they would be willing to let me model. I can't pay you and you wont get rich and famous since only potential employers will see the finished model (you'll get a "concept by" line on the demo reel). But IF I actually finish the model I'd be more than willing to send you a copy of it as thanks.

To give you a better idea of what I'm looking for, this is the shot I'm planning, the camera pans around a hangar with several real airplanes in it. Along with the real airplanes will be some kind of flying vehicle that I composite into the scene. The goal is to make the scene look natural like nothing is out of place. If you think you have an airplane or something similar that isn't too crazy to be believable and would be willing to let me model it, let me know.

Thanks for taking time to read my post. I know it's kinda long.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi IamPatrickc,

This is the section you should post this in: http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44

In all honesty, this sounds like a half hearted request. Perhaps, if you conveyed your enthusiasm directly to an artist who's work you liked or who had a piece you would be interested in modeling, you would end up with a project you could get excited about more easily.

Also out of curiosity, if you have the creativity of a rock why are you seeking employment in a creative field? Has it been your life's aspiration to bring other peoples ideas to fruition?

...my humble and uneducated opinion.

-Nate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mute For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    hi IamPatrickc,

This is the section you should post this in: http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44

In all honesty, this sounds like a half hearted request. Perhaps, if you conveyed your enthusiasm directly to an artist who's work you liked or who had a piece you would be interested in modeling, you would end up with a project you could get excited about more easily.

Also out of curiosity, if you have the creativity of a rock why are you seeking employment in a creative field? Has it been your life's aspiration to bring other peoples ideas to fruition?
    First, thanks for the link.

The reason it sounds so half hearted, assuming you're talking about the "If I actually finish the model" part, is because I'm not sure if I'll have time to finish it. I have to do all my projects for class and then any additional demo reel work I want to do, I have to do with what little time I have left. I'm making an effort but some things just have to get put to the side to focus on what needs to be done for a grade. That said, some people might say don't start it if you can't finish it. However, I'd rather start it and have to set it aside than never take on the challenge at all.

As far as the other question, not all compositors will agree with me, but IMHO composting is more science than art. You can get a damn good looking composite based solely on punching in numbers. Also, I guess I could have phrased it differently. I have... selective... creativity I can design a sweet looking DVD cover or a decent website, I can frame a photo better than any of my photographer friends, but ask me to make up something that is supposed to be a real world object or character and I just go blank.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    Has it been your life's aspiration to bring other peoples ideas to fruition?
    You know, that might actually be a worthwhile and interesting aspiration. Like that guy that does realistic renders of child's drawings. Or maybe music studio producers.

I can imagine an uncreative person who is great technically who starts working with someone with amazing unheard of ideas but can't draw straight lines with a ruler. They could be quite a pair.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.