By the stream

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: By the stream

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

By the stream

Aiming to make this a nice textured, still slightly sketchy coloured piece.. but the sketching is about as far as I'm comfortable with.
    Maybe some crits as I go?

~Ani x

The sketch:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,821 Times in 938 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, I will try help

Let me list the problems that I think I can see.

1) Squiggles in the background. Trees? You say you have gone as far as you are comfortable with in this sketch. I don't buy that. I think you can go further with that background. You are selling yourself short, from the rest of the sketch I am positive you are capable of rendering a better background even at the stage where you are asking for WIP crits. It took me a while to work out what was going on there.

2) The girls buttocks and her thigh, she is kind of assless at the moment. I think studying some references would help give you the confidence to render that better.

3) Her foot against the bridge is impossibly positioned without it being boneless.

4) I can definitely see where you are going with the face and my eyes do focus on it as it's the most defined piece apart from the shoreline in my opinion, but the shape needs more work, specifically the jawline.

5) How is the bridge connected to the shore?

6) Shoes need to be a bit bigger.

That being said I always like seeing realistic everyday life pieces in the crit section. I think it could turn out quite idyllic, but I think you need some references to go by.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with all of Stareater's comments, although I would have covered a lot of it by just saying you NEED a reference model. Period.
    One further thing I want to say is that she looks like she's balancing on a broomstick rather than a bridge. It would only be that perfectly in profile if it were right on the horizon line, which I don't think is quite the case here (of course you could make it so). Really think about how that 'bridge' is set up and what it's made of (I would think there should be some bend in it if all her weight is on it).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you very much for taking the time to look and post! I will definitely work on some references and work into it more.
    Updates to come.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.