Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 386
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    I live in Northolt in Central London when I'm not at uni! :D
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 88 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonobot View Post
    OH another game art student! Im in De Montfort GA, I didnt get the chance to check out Preston's Game Art program, whats your games course structure like?
    Youre sketchbook is coming along pretty well! I think you should keep working from life. Something that has helped me is drawing my own body (hands, torso ext..) in the mirror to learn anatomy a bit more, it may not be something you want to post anywhere, haha but its just as good as life drawing in a studio while not at uni.

    Oooh yeah I was gonna go to De montford for ages to do games art but I wanted to do a bit of modelling aswell so I changed last minute! Whats it like? My course structures split between modelling, level design and art

    Yeah I was thinking of drawing myself, but its ok for you guys down to your waist xD Not so much for me! Guess I could do it when I get back to uni!

    Thanks for posting


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #152
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    2,731
    Thanks
    2,592
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    Keep up the hardwork theres a good progression in your sketchbook
    hm lets see a crit i think would be to work on your construction before you go into rendering.
    have a good one
    -Jamie

  4. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England - Reading
    Posts
    261
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 103 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyknowles View Post
    Oooh yeah I was gonna go to De montford for ages to do games art but I wanted to do a bit of modelling aswell so I changed last minute! Whats it like? My course structures split between modelling, level design and art

    Yeah I was thinking of drawing myself, but its ok for you guys down to your waist xD Not so much for me! Guess I could do it when I get back to uni!

    Thanks for posting
    Ah DMU does modeling, when we return from the holidays we're working in the workshops (clay, metal, wood workshops) or if youre talking about 3D modeling, we did that from day one, haha. Buts its 3DSMax, not Meya. My course is split between, Visual design (traditional drawing), Game Development (1st year is mainly getting used to the program) and critical studies. Although it's really what you take away from the course, doesnt matter where you go, its what you learn.

    I'll make sure to check back frequently!

  5. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    I live in Northolt in Central London when I'm not at uni! :D
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 88 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonobot View Post
    Ah DMU does modeling, when we return from the holidays we're working in the workshops (clay, metal, wood workshops) or if youre talking about 3D modeling, we did that from day one, haha. Buts its 3DSMax, not Meya. My course is split between, Visual design (traditional drawing), Game Development (1st year is mainly getting used to the program) and critical studies. Although it's really what you take away from the course, doesnt matter where you go, its what you learn.

    I'll make sure to check back frequently!
    Ahhh yes, the Maya and 3DS divide! I started to learn max on my own and I was nearly in tears thinking how simple it is compared to maya! Maya is relentless, it takes no enemies. You know what the 2348974892374 menu's and 37289743892 sub menu's do or you can't do anything!

    Anyway, some Loomis! (I'm really starting to miss my graphics tablet now)
    I think I'm going through a bit of a block atm. Finding everything so hard; think I improved by the second page at least though.

  6. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Yugoslavia
    Posts
    4,641
    Thanks
    2,386
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 2,528 Posts

    Niiiiice face studies,
    however you should often check
    and watch the proportions.
    Happy new Year!

  7. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    I live in Northolt in Central London when I'm not at uni! :D
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 88 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LtPlissken View Post

    Niiiiice face studies,
    however you should often check
    and watch the proportions.
    Happy new Year!
    Yeah some of the proportions are quite off! Shame you can't correct it with Pen but then you end up spending ages rubbing things out! Happy new year to you too

    Hope these are better?

  8. #157
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    istanbul
    Posts
    785
    Thanks
    402
    Thanked 373 Times in 328 Posts

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to hücumkedi For This Useful Post:


  10. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    I live in Northolt in Central London when I'm not at uni! :D
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 88 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hücumkedi View Post
    nice posts in here
    Thankyou very much!

  11. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    I live in Northolt in Central London when I'm not at uni! :D
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 88 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CesarNostradamus View Post
    I like the landscapes'
    Never noticed this! Thankyou!

  12. #160
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
    The facial portraits are really looking good! I especially like how you captured all the lines in the faces, which is difficult to do with the harsh shadows cast by a pencil.

    This is personal preference, but I like to draw guidelines on the face to make sure everything is evenly spaced and lined up.
    Please check out my Deviantart page: http://lucidstillness.deviantart.com/

    Also, please check out my sketchbook thread!

    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=202280

    And while you're at it, why not check out my finished gallery thread too! http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=202283

  13. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    I live in Northolt in Central London when I'm not at uni! :D
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 88 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultarant View Post
    The facial portraits are really looking good! I especially like how you captured all the lines in the faces, which is difficult to do with the harsh shadows cast by a pencil.

    This is personal preference, but I like to draw guidelines on the face to make sure everything is evenly spaced and lined up.
    Thankyou so much! Yes guidelines are a good idea, it's just frustrating doing it without, which I am guilty for

    Got sick of just pencil, dragged out the acrylics/water soluable wax crayons

  14. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    I live in Northolt in Central London when I'm not at uni! :D
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 88 Times in 86 Posts
    Progress? Tried to do a character...really struggled with the head and legs as you can see!

  15. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    I live in Northolt in Central London when I'm not at uni! :D
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 88 Times in 86 Posts
    3 posts in a row and no replies. Starting to get worried! Where are you CA users!!!

  16. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California, USA.
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The faces of your women are gorgeous! I especially like the eyes on the really early one with green hair!

    Oh... and that drawing breasts accurately trick is awesome haha. Definitely will have to try that! Thanks!

  17. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    I live in Northolt in Central London when I'm not at uni! :D
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 88 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerunner4 View Post
    The faces of your women are gorgeous! I especially like the eyes on the really early one with green hair!

    Oh... and that drawing breasts accurately trick is awesome haha. Definitely will have to try that! Thanks!
    Wow man thanks! Yeah that boobie trick is a good'un

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Art: Games Design student needing portfolio review
    By Platinguard in forum ART PORTFOLIO REVIEWS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 18th, 2012, 06:50 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
  3. SketchBook: Student Sketchbook
    By mateism in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 4th, 2011, 04:35 AM
  4. SketchBook: Just Starting Out: a Student Sketchbook
    By kadianimation in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 26th, 2010, 07:56 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 24th, 2009, 12:03 PM

Members who have read this thread: 1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Developed Actively by the makers of the Best Amazon Podcast