Thanks

Star Wars Ep III Darth Vader Pics

I just wanted to share with somebody my shear excitement over seeing these pictures. They seem to be considerd as legit but you never know. I am a huge star wars fan and I was a bit worried with how they were going to handle Darth Vader in costume for Ep III but these put me at rest a little.
    http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/ima...n_uk_paper.jpg

This one I know is official and just as exciting. The bad guy for Ep III
    http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/ima...wi75-cover.jpg

Any other die hard star wars fans out there?
    Lay off that whisky and let that cocaine
    be - Johnny Cash

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Lightbulb

arrggg! you just had tooo! you know we can't resist even if we want to!!!

-Joshua

Thanks
    I've read on a number of boards that the first pic is not legit. The head, from what I understand, is from make-up tests for the movie and the lower body is mostly Photoshoped. Also, I think the robotic arm is the one from The Terminator. And wasn't Anikan's arm chopped off higher that the elbow?
    It's certainly a gruesome picture. Would be interesting to see if GL could get that in a PG-13 movie.

Thanks
    wow, thatnks dude, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    boy was that disappointing. I thought that second pic was pretty lame. It looks like an evil C3peeO. That thing wasn't scaring me one bit. I'm sure they'll make it all deadly but it looks like a toy. That's it, it looks like a toy! Lucas you're a GENIUS!

Thanks
    well, I sure wish the first pic would be the direction they'd take. I'd shure like to see this last star wars be dark and gruesome and violent to make up for the empty acting and cheesy characters from the first 2, but isn't georgie shooting for like a pg rating? bah. I guess the original trilogy was never that gruesome, but it was much grimyier (sp?) and appealing (character wise).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    I wonder who the artists are who're working on it. I suppose Doug Chiang will be involved.

Thanks
    When's this supposed to come out anyway? 2005?

Thanks
    Isn´t anakin going to kill all the jedis in this movie? Hope it will dark and bloody. SABER ACTION !$!#$!:evilbat:

Thanks
    Star Wars Ep III Darth Vader Pics

In secret talks, unstable North Korean tyrant Kim Jong Il has offered to shut down his nuclear arms program and allow U.N. weapons inspections unlimited access to his country -- if he's given a sneak preview of Star Wars: Episode III.

U.S. negotiators were flabbergasted when the flamboyant, wildhaired strongman said he would give up his nukes in exchange for a chance to see the upcoming installment of the popular sci-fi saga, not due to hit theaters until May 25, 2005.

"When Kim told us his primary demand was 'I must have Star Wars,' we first thought he was referring to the Strategic Defense Initiative -- that he was saying he'd surrender his nukes if his country would be protected by the space-based missile defense shield America is developing," says a Bush administration source involved in the high-stakes bargaining sessions.

May the Force be with you.

:funny:

Thanks
    Originally posted by Exo
    I wonder who the artists are who're working on it. I suppose Doug Chiang will be involved.
    sorry buddy, doug chiangs out. so is marc gabanna jay shuster.
    iain mccaig, feng, ryan church, and a slew of new guys are doing it. their all good.

Thanks
    Yeah, Doug left quite some time ago to concentrate on Robota.

Thanks
    I was seriously disappointed to see Ian McCaig's drawings overpowered by Dermot Power's sketchy marker stuff in 'The Art of Ep. II' book--I loved McCaig's concept art in the 'Ep. I' book and am dismayed to learn he is not going to be doing anything for Episode III.

...Also, I agree with BeerBaron. I don't think Lucas would be releasing such secretive photos as the mangled face of Anakin after his duel with Obi-Wan...I mean, that's the image people have been anticipating for years, and I don't think he would allow it to be printed on a mere SW Insider magazine, no matter how 'official' it may be. Plus, given the lameness of the last 2 SW movies, Lucas will probably tone down the gruesomeness of it all like Baron said.
    Last edited by cybercyst; April 7th, 2004 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Exo

erik Tiemens + warren fu apper to be doing early concept paintings, alex jaeger is doing the 3d side, feng did the functionality on grevious' head and neck, robert barnes and ryan church developed the body

Thanks
    That guy General Grievous appears at the end of the cartoon network shorts. He was mowing down jedis like nothing. Im looking forward to seeing him on the big screen.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Joeslucher
    boy was that disappointing. I thought that second pic was pretty lame. It looks like an evil C3peeO. That thing wasn't scaring me one bit. I'm sure they'll make it all deadly but it looks like a toy. That's it, it looks like a toy! Lucas you're a GENIUS!
    General Grievous is alot meaner looking in the Clone Wars Mirco series. But as far as I can tell he's a badass. A droid capable of weilding light sabers and in the last episode of The Clone Wares he takes out something like six Jedi including Ki-Adi-Mundi. I'm eager to see what he's gonna do in EpIII
    Toast!

Thanks
    just saw a video at starwars.com abotu the behind the scenes of making general grevious. it starred guys like feng, mcCaig, warren fu, i think even church. its totally awesome and some nice concept art.

Thanks
    I just want to say I think old George needs to come up with better names. Lately all of his evil names have been really, really lame.

Thanks
    uhh these books were written ages ago the names are already set in stone
    Drawing everyday since 10/04

Thanks
    I know ... I was just commenting (vainly I know) that Maul, Tyranus and Grevious are kind of lame to me. I just think that they are the kind of short cuts .. The next one would be Darth Evil and Lord Nasty. we get that Maul can maul people and that Tyranus is Tyranical and Grevious can do grevious amounts of damage but it doesn't have to be so in your face.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Forget evil names for second and look the name "Naboo." I don't why but something about that name rubs me the wrong way. I hear it and immediately want to punch something that's smaller and weaker than me.

Thanks
    Exo .. It does kind of do that

Thanks
    If this evil robot is for real then i'm definitely NOT going to see EP 3

And i'll want my money back for the other 5

That is LAME. But, ok, we could see it coming...
    Power is nothing without intelligence.

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Originally posted by cybercyst
    I was seriously disappointed to see Ian McCaig's drawings overpowered by Dermot Power's sketchy marker stuff in 'The Art of Ep. II' book--I loved McCaig's concept art in the 'Ep. I' book and am dismayed to learn he is not going to be doing anything for Episode III.
    That's interesting. I love Iain's stuff as well- but I thought Dermots stuff was great. Very nice stuff. And IIRC it wasn't markers, but 100% digital. Can't wait for the Ep III art book.