Thanks

Yet Another Sketchbook (NSFW nudes). Learning all over and for the first time.

Hey Everyone. I'm a 35 yr old architectural consultant trying to learn to draw. (Again?)
    I'll probably need " gentle" guidance. Certainly guidance. Probably gentle.

Thanks.

Oh. I'm using an LE 1600. I know its probably a mistake. I can already feel its less accurate than a pencil; but w/ kids its fast to pick up and put down.
    Last edited by 3dway; March 29th, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
    Thanks for helping me. Please allow me to he human. I'll do my best, likewise for you. I've found more peace in forgiveness than in the pursuit of flawlessness.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Another Quick one was sitting around
    Thanks for helping me. Please allow me to he human. I'll do my best, likewise for you. I've found more peace in forgiveness than in the pursuit of flawlessness.

Thanks
    a gesture / sketch for today

Thanks
    I did a little quick paint over of your latest study. Try to look at the picture as a whole. what is there, and what's not there. If you look between her legs you can see a narrow shadow, if you compare the shadow to your drawing you can see your leg is off somehow.
    Also look at the slant of the shoulders - it's not 'cheating' to literally draw a line across the reference to see how something is oriented. If your working with a live-model you can hold a strait edge to compare heights and angles. Your apple is another example, Don't Assume you know what an apple looks like- or an arm looks like. A good observation drawing takes what you know about something (like anatomy and proportion) and comparing it to what IS about something- some people have short legs- some have long arms or an apple might be the shape of a pear.

Look lots and draw lots and you'll get there

Thanks
    Thanks so much for this. Interestingly, " see the whole" is a comment I got in HS. So still a problem. Proportion, seeing it, is hard for me.

Negative space. should have learned that from DOTRSOTB.

The refs were not beside the image while painting. I put then together for posting. Once I did, the errors were more obvious. still seeing the draw over is a big big help.

Thanks
    Tried to focus on proportion and the whole -Forced myself to try and only draw what is there.

Rather tired given my 4 am wakeup today. Couldn't force myself todo it all again for the reflection.

Thanks
    You're off to a great start, those anatomy studies are lookin' good!

Thanks
    30 seconds is, really, very little time.

Thanks
    nice anatomy studies and peaches. keep up the practice, and remember it will take a while before you feel like youve improved quite a bit. but every minute you practice makes a little bit better!

a good thing to practice is both the contour/outline but also sketching the pelvis/ribs/skull as basic shapes (along with arms/legs handsfeetand knees).
    Art and kindness are my weapons of choice.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    that good start mate i like your anatomy study looks you spent many time of your life to learn how do it in the right way

keep it up and explore more ideas about art

have fun and good luck

Qlotzan

Thanks
    Wow, I just viewed my thread on another computer, that's not my le1600 and the colour accuracy of the monitor on the 1600 is way off.

Wondering if the new Motion tablets have better LCDs.

Are there tips for coping with monitor calibration for the industry? I know in photoshop you can calibrate, but what about other software, and I guess you need a colour profile for every output. One for web, one for each print device.

Thanks
    not much sketching lately. Mine craft has taken over my life.

The ovals are testing accuracy on the tablet p c
    Last edited by 3dway; November 5th, 2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: clarification

Thanks
    Why I have not been sketching.

It's like crack.

Is it art. Probably not. Is there design in it? yes. Is a video game engine a viable media? who knows.