Art: Big Update pg 7 ---The Art Department Student Showcase: FREE TAD CLASS on pg 4! - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Jason Manley is offline Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,606 Times in 2,213 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Kobryn View Post
    Anyone?

The question was whether you can go to another art school and also attend TAD. The answer is yes. Each class next semester is either three or six hours in length and each will have a minimum of one hour of homework per week. For students who wish to push harder we have additional assignments and activities set so they may do so at their own pace.

Students can take one class, two, three, four, five...or go full time. First semester full time is seven classes, second drops to six as we allow students to focus after the first semester overview.

You can find all information on available classes here http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=221 We are adding Head Drawing and Painting 1 as well.

Hope to see you if you can make it.

Jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought I would share some more thumbnails from my comp class. These are NOT final images...just the ideas that folks are working with to progress into the next stage of image making.

Speaking of Mindcandyman:

Alex Konstad

Cory Trego-Erdner

and so it begins...Cast Drawing has arrived in Light and Form class.

Josh Hardie's station at home:

John Neimeister's station:

Can't wait to see how these all turn out!

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This thread is amazing, really inspirational. I also enjoyed reading Jason's "defence" of TAD, not as if it needed defending as the student works speak for themselves. I hope you'll keep posting TAD works - especially the ones showing progress - to inspire those of us who can't (yet!) attend your fantastic school. Thanks!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JetLime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow wow woww!!!so many beautiful and strong pictures....i am so impressed!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pfir8ich For This Useful Post:

ThomasM is offline Artist in training.... Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    great thread, and inspiring pieces of art in here, every piece - all I can say is TAD here I come!

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason, reading your posts is just making me wish all the more that I could have somehow shown my parents what incredible things you and all the other instructors and faculty of TAD and the Illustration Academy are doing. I'm not sure if Ringling was the right choice or if I should have pushed even harder to attend TAD. I am having a blast at Ringling so far but I can't say I have received superior instruction (given, I am only in Core classes thus far). I have already made some great friends that I would like to know for a long time and spend a lot more time with, but I know my education should be top priority. I am trying to decide if I should try to make the best of what I can at ringling and attend TAD events and workshops as I can or try to transfer. We at least have George here...I haven't yet spoken to him but I feel like I should. At any rate, thank you so much again, and thanks so much to everyone else who helped pull this all together. Though there were hiccups and problems along the way, it was bound to happen. As Bobby Chiu said, the fact that things are going wrong is only proof that it's a great thing.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Would love to see the medium used in each piece.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marine_Blue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's great to see life drawing isn't dead - British Art schools have tried to kill it for years!
    Keep up the good work!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to f ayton For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great thread guys.

My site:
    http://thecentersphere.yolasite.com/

DA:
    http://halfshavenbananas.deviantart.com/

New World Creation: Designers Wanted Environment of the Week

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vulgar` For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing works!

My english is very bad, so excuse me.

more on my Deviant Art account

My Sketchbook
    My Failbook

19. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Full_Effect For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing work, great students

There are no such things as bad art, just tight deadlines.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elsevilla For This Useful Post:

3alola is offline If U BeLiEvE U AcHiEvE Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Speechless

Totaly A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

happy halloween

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3alola For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Unbelievable!!! O. M. G. !!!! I't amasing! I've no words. It's so beutyfull!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to digitalfly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr. Jim McCampbell,

I find it curious that you are commenting on the quality of art education when you run a program that openly discriminates other majors at the very school you work at.

I was in your program for 3 years before I switched to illustration.

I recall a department-wide email of yours explaining your decision to remove MAYA from illustration major's computer labs and to not allow them into animation labs. Your reasoning was that illustration majors might do poor work and ruin your department's reputation. But, you know, what if they did good work and wanted to make their education worth the pile of money we paid? CA was locked away from the rest of the school making sure all the info you have is top secret. When I tried to take an illustration class my 3rd year of CA, I was advised that this would be a waste of time taking away precious computer hours. The piece I did in this "wasteful" class got me into Spectrum.

Or how during the full CA faculty pre-thesis concept class you would be on your Blackberry ignoring students until only the best presented their work?

Or after I passed 3 animatics for my thesis, I was not give the right to work on my favorite since it looked too much like a "moving illustration." And when I pitched a new thesis in the summer with Alonso Martinez (PIXAR) it wash shot down as too ambitious.

Or when I gave the commencement speech at graduation you wouldn't shake my hand?

Or the comments you make about illustrators during staff meeting, and how you personally tell job recruiters to not look at illustrators and look at your students? I recall a comment you made about an illustrator's portfolio box: cute.

Jim, you're not concerned about a quality ART education at Ringling, only your department..and barely there. You concerned about landing as many CA folks in jobs so you can print your job placement average in you industry journals and get patted on the back at Siggraph.

I work for TAD. I am the studio leader at the same location Jason has an office at. I work on my own projects here and oversee the art side of things here in Austin.

You completely miss the point of what an artist is. You are good at the business of computer animation, not the art of computer animation.

And what we teach at TAD is art. And we're good at it.

-francis vallejo
    2009 Ringling Illustration graduate
    owner of $114,256 student loan

Link to download my CA.org/TAD demo video "Inking Techniques with Brush, Nib, and Wash." http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...85#post2789985

blog: http://www.francisvallejo.blogspot.com/

http://francisvallejo.com/

twitter:
    http://twitter.com/francisvallejo

27. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Fvallejo For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jmccampb View Post
    Hi Jason. A few thoughts...

All schools have some students who are younger and very talented, and are a dream to teach. Holding them up as an example of the common denominator is misleading. As for superior instruction... I disagree with you. John English, George Pratt, and Shawn Barber have all taught at Ringling College before. Shawn graduated from here.

I don't teach in the Illustration Department, so I can't really speak for them. I'm in Computer Animation. But... I can say that in my 16 years of teaching here, there have been some students that are really fast learners and a pleasure to work with. There are also some students that would not do well if Walt Disney himself (or his frozen head) returned from the dead to teach them one on one. Your first impulse might be to respond that those students should not have been allowed to enroll in the first place, but there ARE students who are slow starters but are strong finishers. They want and deserve an opportunity. I've seen it happen time and again.

I wonder... maybe the best faculty members really aren't those who can teach the naturally talented, but those who can teach the modestly talented to become great.

I understand your enthusiasm and your need to hype your new business venture. But you really should be honest about the fact. You have a sticky thread in the ART SCHOOLS + EDUCATION thread warning "This is not the place for hard core recruiting, constant horn tooting, or continual posting in the hopes to draw more students your way."

Yet you do exactly that yourself on a regular basis.

I thought Jon's work before starting with you showed potential.
    Call me when you can take someone who is actually weak and make them a superstar.

Jim.
    --------------
    Jim,

I attended your school for two years, and I feel like I spent all that time and money just to learn about the Illustration Academy. At the Academy I was introduced, finally, to the basic aspects of picture making, composition and ideation. I learned that the mysteries of making yourself into a smarter and better artist weren't all that mysterious when the principles were presented plainly and competently. If it wasn't for John English and his rockstar cast of industry leaders, I'm afraid I might have wallowed away at Ringling, not actually learning anything until I got out of school like most people. I left my senior year at Ringling for TAD because the Illustration Academy showed me that there was information that I just wasn't getting, and it was significant enough to warrant that big jump.

I could be wrong here, but reading through that list of my classmates it seems to me that between this thread and John's Media One thread, most full time TAD students have a piece up there. I'm inspired everyday by the great work that comes out of this place and the hard work put in by everyone. The Art Department is building something incredible. Affordable world class education delivered through the most effective means anywhere in the world. But you, Jim Mccampbell, are not interested in building anything but in tearing down and destroying.

Questions? Email me.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colin Boyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Fvallejo View Post
    Mr. Jim McCampbell,

I find it curious that you are commenting on the quality of art education when you run a program that openly discriminates other majors at the very school you work at.

I was in your program for 3 years before I switched to illustration.

I recall a department-wide email of yours explaining your decision to remove MAYA from illustration major's computer labs and to not allow them into animation labs. Your reasoning was that illustration majors might do poor work and ruin your department's reputation. But, you know, what if they did good work and wanted to make their education worth the pile of money we paid? CA was locked away from the rest of the school making sure all the info you have is top secret. When I tried to take an illustration class my 3rd year of CA, I was advised that this would be a waste of time taking away precious computer hours. The piece I did in this "wasteful" class got me into Spectrum.

Or how during the full CA faculty pre-thesis concept class you would be on your Blackberry ignoring students until only the best presented their work?

Or after I passed 3 animatics for my thesis, I was not give the right to work on my favorite since it looked too much like a "moving illustration." And when I pitched a new thesis in the summer with Alonso Martinez (PIXAR) it wash shot down as too ambitious.

Or when I gave the commencement speech at graduation you wouldn't shake my hand?

Or the comments you make about illustrators during staff meeting, and how you personally tell job recruiters to not look at illustrators and look at your students? I recall a comment you made about an illustrator's portfolio box: cute.

Jim, you're not concerned about a quality ART education at Ringling, only your department..and barely there. You concerned about landing as many CA folks in jobs so you can print your job placement average in you industry journals and get patted on the back at Siggraph.

I work for TAD. I am the studio leader at the same location Jason has an office at. I work on my own projects here and oversee the art side of things here in Austin.

You completely miss the point of what an artist is. You are good at the business of computer animation, not the art of computer animation.

And what we teach at TAD is art. And we're good at it.

-francis vallejo
    2009 Ringling Illustration graduate
    owner of $114,256 student loan
    Hi Francis,

Yes- you were in the computer animation major before moving to Illustration.

Yes- Maya was not used in the Illustration major, but that was because it was not part of their curriculum.

Yes- I sometimes use my phone during Prepro critiques. I attend those critiques (as do the other faculty) in my "free" time, not because I am required to. Faculty here give a LOT of their personal time to give feedback in those courses. Unfortunately, this does not relieve me of my responsibility to run the animation major, and I still have to correspond in order to make things work. I'm very good at multi-tasking, and can easily reply to an email in a crit without missing a thing. I'm sorry if that was distracting for you.

No- you were not stopped from working on your favorite project because it looked too much like a moving illustration. That's BS.

Yes- some students propose projects that are too large in scope, and faculty reign those back in. We made the right decision in the case you mentioned. Mr. Martinez was my personal student for his Senior year, and yes, the result of that was indeed a job at Pixar.

I have absolutely no recollection of you trying to shake my hand at graduation. I would never refuse to do that with any student, and anyone who knows me would know that to be the case. To be honest, I feel like that's kind of a cheap shot, as you could make any claim like that you wanted to and it would be hard to refute.

No- I never tell recruiters not to look at Illustration portfolios. Is that what the rumor mill has churned up?

Yes- I may have said that one had a cute portfolio box at one time. I don't recall. If I did, it was probably cute.

Yes- I like Siggraph. I seldom get patted on the back there... mostly just shoved around with the rest of the crowd. If I do end up with any positive reinforcement from that conference, it is because a jury of industry professionals has selected our student work as some of the best produced that year. I'm ok with that.

You claim that I care about landing jobs for my students and not about the quality of their art. Computer Animation students land those jobs because their art is outstanding. I see on your blog that you have a number of Ringling animation alumni listed. Which of them is a bad artist Francis? Name them.

Congratulations on your position at TAD. I'm glad to see that your college education has given you the ability to be "studio leader" only one year out of school.

I am sorry that you have a $114,256 student loan. Perhaps if you hadn't elected to go to school for five years instead of four, it would have been much more manageable.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Boyer View Post
    Jim,

I attended your school for two years, and I feel like I spent all that time and money just to learn about the Illustration Academy. At the Academy I was introduced, finally, to the basic aspects of picture making, composition and ideation. I learned that the mysteries of making yourself into a smarter and better artist weren't all that mysterious when the principles were presented plainly and competently. If it wasn't for John English and his rockstar cast of industry leaders, I'm afraid I might have wallowed away at Ringling, not actually learning anything until I got out of school like most people. I left my senior year at Ringling for TAD because the Illustration Academy showed me that there was information that I just wasn't getting, and it was significant enough to warrant that big jump.

I could be wrong here, but reading through that list of my classmates it seems to me that between this thread and John's Media One thread, most full time TAD students have a piece up there. I'm inspired everyday by the great work that comes out of this place and the hard work put in by everyone. The Art Department is building something incredible. Affordable world class education delivered through the most effective means anywhere in the world. But you, Jim Mccampbell, are not interested in building anything but in tearing down and destroying.

Questions? Email me.
    Colin-
    I don't even know who you are. You were obviously an Illustration major. That's not my area. Or "my" school. I'm not sure what you think I'm interested in tearing down or destroying, but then I don't really care.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Colin-
    I don't even know who you are. You were obviously an Illustration major. That's not my area. Or "my" school. I'm not sure what you think I'm interested in tearing down or destroying, but then I don't really care.
    I was in the illustration department, yes, and the Fine Arts department too! I neglected to mention in my post that even though Ringling's education is only remarkable in how average it is, there are terrific teachers there not the least being Pratt and Thiel. TAD is unique because of the way it's structured it can pool from the talents of the best illustrators, concept artists, etc. in the world and have them teach there. For example, Andrew Jones is teaching us how to use Painter in our media class right now. There is no one in the world more qualified to teach that class than him.

It is incredible to me that a department head at Ringling thinks it's appropriate to come in here and denigrate TAD with your passive aggressive and increasingly belligerent tone. What are you even doing in this thread? Nobody asked for your opinion on a new art school that you feel threatened by.

-Colin

Last edited by Colin Boyer; November 2nd, 2010 at 01:23 AM.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colin Boyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing works !!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to yanice For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink

MR. Jason Manley, es grandiosa la iniciativa, me alegra saber de tanto talento, espero superen cada vez mas los aportes, con sinceridad henrytoy!!!
    Agun da espero participar en vivo con vosotros por ahora lo voya gozar desde aqu!!
    Saludos

37. The Following User Says Thank You to henrytoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Academics vs The Real World

I have taught at a the Kansas City Art Institute, (six years), and have been part of the inner workings of Ringling College of Art and Design at the highest administrative levels. I have more importantly been a full time instructor at The Illustration Academy for the past 16 years, as well as the Visual Literacy Program.

People that only teach art are different from people that do art for a living. One is not better or worse than the other, but decidedly different.

The real world does not often exist inside institutions that teach.

The Illustration Academy, The Visual Literacy Program, and TAD were developed by people that produce art and made a living from art. The people that teach in the Illustration Academy and the VLP bought their homes, sent their kids to college, traveled for vacations, and drove cars with money derived from pursuing excellence, selling art, and thriving in the REAL business world at an extremely high level.

Yes, I think money is important. It's not the most important thing, but it sure as heck is important. I need to pay my mortgage, insure my home, my car, go on vacation, have fun, eat a nice meal in a nice restaurant on my anniversary, and pay for health care. Dang..... it turns out, I need money.

The business world is perhaps a bit like the old West..... survival of the fittest and smartest. The REAL world has many barometers that can rate success and failure. The Academic world is a rather protected and false place that is fettered by rules and regulations.

The Illustration Academy and TAD are becoming quite the "spotlight of truth" that is shining brightly on the shortcomings of many major institutions.

The world is a big place, and there is ample room for both schools of thought. The question becomes, "How much money will you gamble to learn, and from what group of people."

Everyone should make their own decisions and follow their own thoughts and feelings.

If you want to be an NFL quarterback, do you want to learn from people that read books about football and watched a lot of games, and perhaps went to a fantasy football camp and had a "football experience?"

Or do you want to learn from the quarterbacks themselves? Perhaps quarterbacks that played for over 20 years and set records in the industry? The quarterbacks that took a few hits and learned from mistakes? The quarterback that has felt the reality and pressure of being in dozens or hundreds of real situations. The quarterback that has stood the test of time through intelligence and experience.

We are living in the "information age." Shouldn't your "information" be as good as it can be? Where do you think the best "information" is being delivered?

It's your money.

Brent Watkinson

Brent Watkinson is BANNED.

39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Brent Watkinson For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Watkinson View Post
    I have taught at a the Kansas City Art Institute, (six years), and have been part of the inner workings of Ringling College of Art and Design at the highest administrative levels.

Brent Watkinson
    Sorry Brent, but teaching some classes in the summer down here with the Illustration Academy does NOT constitute "part of the inner workings of Ringling College of Art and Design at the highest administrative levels." You have not even been on the full time faculty here, and you certainly haven't worked as an administrator. You don't understand this institution at all.

Jim.
    -----------

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmccampb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does anyone else smell a troll? *cough* Jim *cough*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are some really inspiring works. Jason's example of Jon N's work in that six month time frame is insane!! Time to get up off my ass and work harder.

Last edited by Monkabit; November 3rd, 2010 at 12:54 AM.
    Sketchbook...Please tear it to shreds, Thank You!

~Youve got to get the fundamentals down because otherwise the fancy stuff isnt going to work.~Randy Pausch

karmiclychee Tulokyn

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkabit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

....far more than teaching.....

Sorry Brent, but teaching some classes in the summer down here with the Illustration Academy does NOT constitute "part of the inner workings of Ringling College of Art and Design at the highest administrative levels." You have not even been on the full time faculty here, and you certainly haven't worked as an administrator. You don't understand this institution at all.

Jim.
    -----------
    I was involved in working with the President of Ringling, and the Dean of Academic Affairs, (which is the second highest ranking individual at the school). I had meetings with the President and the Dean of Academic Affairs over a period of two years that involved the research and development of a possible partnership between Ringling, The Illustration Academy, and The VLP. Integration of both faculties, web presence, online/distance learning, technologies, and Graduate programs were some of the avenues that were examined in GREAT detail.

I would offer that being involved with the two highest administrators, (and their staff), of an institution over a period of years would constitute an involvement at the "highest administrative" levels. How much higher can one get than the number one and two people that run the institution, plus dealing with many others that work below them?

Read my previous post carefully; I never said I was faculty at Ringling, nor did I say I was an administrator.

Since you brought it up, I guess a little more explanation and disclosure was necessary.
    Thank you for the opportunity to justify my statements. I wouldn't want anyone to think I was not telling the truth.

It appears you do not have all the facts about my time, my travel, and my involvement at Ringling, and you unfortunately read things into my statements that I did not write. A few simple mistakes on your part.

As far as understanding the institution, perhaps I understand it more than you realize.

I do know Ringling has some great instructors that are passionate and very good at what they do. They have much to offer and take great pride in their work. They are committed to the students and are genuinely concerned with continually getting better at their craft. My hat goes off to the fine people that are trying to build and move forward with their own work as well as trying to make sure young people get the opportunity to live a life filled with the joys and struggles of being an artist.

Brent

Last edited by Brent Watkinson; November 3rd, 2010 at 07:37 AM.
    Brent Watkinson is BANNED.

46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brent Watkinson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First, I have something important to say. TAD is going to be giving an On Demand panel presentation from some of the most accomplished professionals in art and entertainment. The topic is: Career Paths and Success. This will be free for all ConceptArt.Org and VLP members. This will go live this weekend or early next week so you can hear what industry leaders outside of TAD have to say about how they made it, and where they see things headed in the world of art. More info to come. Figured those interested in TAD would want to get a taste of things.

Second, I love the passion. Jim you clearly care about education and learning. Brent, Francis, Colin, you are all no different. I am right there with you. All of you. Things are getting a little hot though...so let's at least simmer. Plz.

** A note of clarity in the above posts: CA is Computer Animation in Jim McCampbell's department Ringling. Like CA is conceptart here.

With the full reach of ConceptArt.Org into pretty much every company in the field, TAD is able to offer opportunity at a scale that none of the private art schools can touch (and that is not even counting the Academy's considerable reach into the illustration and gallery world). Success is measurable. As a whole, this is the most successful faculty of any art school and their results in TAD can be seen right here. These students greatest successes will speak for themselves though. Their work is already pointing toward the truth of things just three months in. I have never seen a "best of" freshman year with this level of demonstrated knowledge. I have never seen a student body grow and get it so quickly either.

The information here comes directly from the mouths and hands of those doing what they are teaching. The industry sends it's staff to learn at our events, from our faculty. They do it in force. Fortunately all such things are measurable and the results are seen with our eyes, just like in this thread. I am excited to see all of it. Dreams are happening and the industry is already plugging in.

TAD still has 4.25 semesters to go for it's first program and I am very confident that it will be the single finest group of Senior artists of any art college in the country on graduation day. The next round of industry leaders will come in mass from our school.

TAD was done for the right reasons. It was done to finally give students a real alternative to what has been frustrating so many for decades in the private art and design colleges. We gave more scholarships than the high dollar schools did to my knowledge, and still have a lot more to award. If students want the information direct from the source, there is only one place to get it, in such a unified and intensive manner. We are going to continue to help artists regardless of age, shown talent, location, financial, or other status. Count on it.

Hopefully Jim, you are willing to let the argument lay and continue to focus on your students as we must do the same. I know your students learning matters to you. So do ours. I have no real desire to debate further as we agree on so much, even with the few points of contention. If I did not feel I should be defending something that I believe is both right and true, I would have let things slide. Clearly you are of the same. We just disagree on some things.

Peace,

jm

Last edited by Jason Manley; November 4th, 2010 at 01:29 AM.

48. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Watkinson View Post
    Dang..... it turns out, I need money.
    Story of my LIFE!

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serpian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well said Jason.
    I just wanted to add mate - i don't often get the chance to post here (between my trying to earn money (lol) and trying to learn as much as i can still), i absolutely respect and admire what you (and the other brilliant artists / teachers) have done and achieved with both CA and TAD. If i could afford to study with you guys i would do it in a heart beat. Stupid Australia. Lol.

52. The Following User Says Thank You to Mephistoau For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wonderful works !!

Greyguy

54. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had to learn whatever skills I have now by myself through trial and error, and while the process was worthwhile in the long run, I would love nothing more than to be able to have had this type of education.

Over the years I have warned many students and friends away from programs like Ringling and SCAD because the cost to return ratio is pathetically poor. I have never had anybody go to one of those schools and come back to tell me I was wrong to warn them away -- quite the contrary, I've had many come back to study with me because they were not getting quality information while enrolled in those programs.

If you have an opportunity to take part in the TAD program I highly recommend you do -- and more than that when you are established in your career remember to give back to the next generation. We desperately need quality education like this to lift the illustrative arts out of the mire of repetitive mediocrity.

Best,
    Jason.

56. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jason_maranto For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3