Thanks

WoW Cataclysm trailer :DD

Hope this made you jump up and down and squeal, folks

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It did It was nice seeing the in-game locations rendered by their epic cinematic team. Auberdine, Booty bay, Stormwind... all looked just like they look in the game, only 1000 times more beautiful. And Deathwing has so much detail that you must watch it several times to appreciate all the effort that went into creating that batshit crazy dragon.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Hope this made you jump up and down and squeal, folks
    The chunky, clunky Blizzard visual design makes me want to squeal in a mixture of art nerd and fantasy nerd rage.

I know why it is the way it is, but I can't like it.

/negative nancy

Thanks
    I kinda wish the Blizzard team just threw their lives and money away to enslave over doing the whole WoW movie in CG instead for my selfish pleasure.

And awww Jason, whats bad about it? Personally I could watch and re-watch Blizzard cinematics forever

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sulphur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    whats bad about it? Personally I could watch and re-watch Blizzard cinematics forever
    It's not the cinematics (though it does spill into the movies)

It's the visual design. It's the fact that the armors are so colourful and over-sized (and made out of a mysterious cracking substance that is not metal) and the female characters and their outfits are so whorishly whorish and none of it is parody. It's the fact that they're trying to tell a story that's apparently supposed to be taken seriously. Seeing Ogre's bums and hearing the fun dialogue in warcraft 2 I could handle and understand.

If it was a jab at what's become of modern fantasy I could laugh with it. Right now I'm just laughing at it.

(and before anyone says; yes yes target audience and reduced graphics and good silhouettes in game and keeping in line with the earlier artwork I understand the reasons for it... I just think they went too far)

/double negative nancy
    Last edited by Jason Rainville; October 18th, 2010 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rainville View Post
    It's not the cinematics (though it does spill into the movies)

It's the visual design. It's the fact that the armors are so colourful and over-sized (and made out of a mysterious cracking substance that is not metal) and the female characters and their outfits are so whorishly whorish and none of it is parody. It's the fact that they're trying to tell a story that's apparently supposed to be taken seriously. Seeing Ogre's bums and hearing the fun dialogue in warcraft 2 I could handle and understand.

If it was a jab at what's become of modern fantasy I could laugh with it. Right now I'm just laughing at it.

(and before anyone says; yes yes target audience and reduced graphics and good silhouettes in game and keeping in line with the earlier artwork I understand the reasons for it... I just think they went too far)

/double negative nancy
    Hahaha I love it. Samwise Didier once said something along the lines of "Every one-handed sword should be big enough to be a two-handed sword" simply for the awesome factor.
    If I was going to rank RPG games in order of seriousness, WoW would just be way down at the bottom.

At the end of the day, ugly, big titted orcs are badass.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 916 Posts
    FFFFFF
    ME AND MY FRIEND WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS.

Oh god, I love WoW, and I manage to hate it at the same time.
    But as long as I never encounter a female Worgen, this new expansion will be amazing!
    Also,
    Does anyone else feel almost sad about the Barrens being torn apart, or is it just me?
    Last edited by Naidy; October 18th, 2010 at 03:14 PM.
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    PIGS AND CENTAURS AND HYENAS. EVERYWHERE. (Srsly though, huntards like myself are going to miss the echeyakee quest big time, if it goes. xD)
    The place was shite, but so many memories of when I was a n00b. ;_;

-Convincing my friend at level ten we should attack a girraf, three times. Each time being mauled in a painful and humilating mannor.

-Hurrasing male gamers as male bloodelves.

-Leveling only to suffer angst from realizing you can't tame the zebra/unicorns.

-Causing aggro and getting everyone killed, every three minutes.

and of course,

-Having a male tauren whispering to me to take off my 'armo', not reading the conversation log for about an hour and wondering to myself Why I was being followed.

RIP Barrens, I'll miss you.
    Last edited by Naidy; October 18th, 2010 at 03:53 PM.
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

Thanks
    i admire the visual cinematic
    i do for other games too or movies

but as to play the game, WoW...i cant see myself playing it ever again
    something about character designs and graphic quality does not appeal to me :/

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    I enjoyed the Cinematic.... but it seems less complete when compared to the previous one for WoTLK. I don't often compare such things, but given the time they've had I expected something stronger to really punch up the drama. And yeah, I'm being vague... not entirely sure what didn't click for me. I just know that it didn't.

None the less, I'll play the game. Looking forward to the revamp.

Thanks
    Aha, I hear all these comments on how terrible the designs are and I totally agree.
    I can't stand how Male blood elves stand with wonky shoulders, I hate the extreems in sexual dimorphism, and I hate how they make cats and wolves look so similar with these weird stooping shoulders, mishapen paws and huge chins.

xD
    Yet some how I still find myself playing it.
    I'm hoping WoW will slowly mutate and progress, I loved the previous expansion and I think they're starting to learn and expand.

Still hate the female worgen though.
    Their faces
    are like
    a Chihuahua's.
    Why?
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

Thanks
    At least female gobbos are awesome. Can't wait for mine

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sulphur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Unf, dem goblins.

You can tell they're going to be SO much fun playing.
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

Thanks
    I think its the bounciness. And how they do Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' dance.

Unrelated - Where are you from, Naidy? My bets on Scotland because of your name

Thanks
    Everything about the Goblins is just hilarious/hard core. Especially their accents. xD

And I'm actually half irish! Aha!
    But I've been born and raised on a small island between England and Ireland.
    It's full of tail-less cats and four-horned sheep, if that's any clue where it is. lol

Edit: Oh hey internets, don't mind me as I reveal where I live, along with my full name and heritage~
    Last edited by Naidy; October 18th, 2010 at 05:01 PM.
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 942 Posts
    looks excellent, but never played it and never will, but i would watch it if it is a movie

M

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MatejaPetkovic View Post
    looks excellent, but never played it and never will, but i would watch it if it is a movie

M
    This is the right attitude if you want to succeed as an artist. This game is a time . Play forever to get gear that will be outdated 1 month after you get it.
    Jay's CA.org Sketchbook:
    Jay's Conceptart.org sketchbook

Check out my portfolio:
    http://jasonrossart.carbonmade.com

Check out my blog:
    http://mind2pixels.blogspot.com

"Practice" DOES NOT make perfect...
    "Perfect Practice" makes perfect...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ross View Post
    This is the right attitude if you want to succeed as an artist. This game is a time . Play forever to get gear that will be outdated 1 month after you get it.
    ^this, This is the curse of MMOs

I know I have fallen to the prey know as WoW lol, Only i play on Private servers....lol, I waste time but not money, and I will never renew my account. Vanilla and BC were the only ones I liked and I prefer to keep it that way.
    The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Aslong as you enjoy playing an MMO, it isnt a waste of time. Everyone needs hobbies. If your priorities are in order, its not going to you into a friendless unemployed warcraft gremlin like everyone seems to think will happen.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cmalidore View Post
    I enjoyed the Cinematic.... but it seems less complete when compared to the previous one for WoTLK. I don't often compare such things, but given the time they've had I expected something stronger to really punch up the drama. And yeah, I'm being vague... not entirely sure what didn't click for me. I just know that it didn't.
    I felt the same. A big badass dragon wakes up and scorches a seemly empty planet...no biggie?

The visuals are awesome, there's just a lack of urgency. There's no people running in havoc or hero shown to confront the bad guy.
    Last edited by Brian Luk; October 19th, 2010 at 06:09 PM.
    Make a sketchbook happy, feed it a tip to improve!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85628