ChoW # 219 :: HALLOWEEN SPECIAL :: Zombify yourself! - Page 2

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    hi all,just joining in,can i jump directly to this competition right after i sign up?or i should do something else before i start my wip?
    sorry,a total newbie here

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    kristyan: There's no sign up for this activity. You just start working and post your progress. We're all excited to see what you make!

My Website / My Sketchbook / My DeviantArt

Garlunk|Human|lvl07|pvp00|E0|Siren's Well
    Tomyris|Mystical|lvl02|pvp00|E0|Killrog's Palace
    PAINT HAMMER! The Art Making RPG!

4. Thought I'd join in anyway....

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Tell me, what is it you plan to do
    With your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver

My Website

Sketchoholic - GET INTENSE!!!

Crimson Daggers - Meet to draw together

first sketch...
    don't like the hands quite yet...not sure about the overall pose.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Haha for some reason all I can think of when I look at that is Coro back at the Montreal workshop:

"Caaarrnnifex.... Caaarnifexx..."

MY WEBSITE: PaintedSky.ca
    MY SKETCHBOOK: Ook's Book - Karyl Craves Your Approval

Zombie - wip

Cant wait to do this one. Im either going to try and create the freakiest, evil zombie i can. or do something just for fun.

AndreRuben - I realy like your sketching style and the idea of including your pet ferrite.

Obstfelder - Its hard to tell from the wip, but is he holding a sketchbook? and if so im guessing that's a pencil shoved in his eye? lol

fudoki - I think the little bird sitting in his brain is great. cute but gross, good job.

arri-att - freaky. very interested to see how this turns out.

maxo - liking it, if your having trouble with shading I was always told to try setting up some lights at home, pose and take a couple of reference pics. You'll feel like a tit but it helps.

Rose.Lagan - really like the idea of having her underwater with the floating hair, i think it will look very cool.

nicopen - very creepy look in his remaining eye.

I think I'll try something fun and i want to include my dog so just some rough wips for now.

Quote Originally Posted by KarylGilbertson View Post
    Haha for some reason all I can think of when I look at that is Coro back at the Montreal workshop:

"Caaarrnnifex.... Caaarnifexx..."
    haha! didn't know you were there too. yeah that was awesome

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Heres a sketch

Going to take reference pictures of myself tomorrow and start working on this.

WIP 1: Lich Lord

It's decided, I know what the pose is, I know what the look is going to be.

Thus, we are using watercolors!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." -Herm Albright

it's been a while since I've done a chow but since I have a bit of free time I'm going to toss mine in too .

-just because you're dead, doesn't mean your fashion sense has to die too. If I were a zombie, I'd hunt everything and everyone. Even the truly brainless. I'd grind their bones to make my shoes. Truly fearsome.

Does this portrait actually have to look like us? er, or can it be a portrait in the metaphysical sense?

Rose.Lagan: That´s a cool Two-Face approach. What if you made the decayed side of the face even more decayed? Like take out some clumps of hair, and show a frayed ear?

ArtByManon: So youre a high society zombie? Cool pose! What about adding a glass of wine or rotten grapes in your right hand? Would add to the humor

Carnifex: I can practically hear the screams for brains The pose might be a little static. I think zombiness is better expressed by an unsteady pose, but it´s probably a personal preference thing.

echoless: acctually I´m holding a wacom and that´s the grip-pen jammed in my eye. I´m going to call it "dawn of the deadline"
    You should make an image where you and your dog fight over the remains of some hapless victim. That would be some tasty zombie fun

Cameli: Interesting combination of elements. Are you a surfer zombie, an accuntant zombie or a butcher zombie?

cumquat: That´s a winner rigth there, but why does fashion savvy people allways look so bored and unhappy? Fashion must be a hard hobby.

Sounds like fun, i'm gonna be the zombie that drags his stomach and guts around, or maybe a PS3? heh!

Looking good so far guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cumquat View Post
    it's been a while since I've done a chow but since I have a bit of free time I'm going to toss mine in too .

-just because you're dead, doesn't mean your fashion sense has to die too. If I were a zombie, I'd hunt everything and everyone. Even the truly brainless. I'd grind their bones to make my shoes. Truly fearsome.

first of all fucking amazing to cumquat I love it here is my entry or WIP idea; but need to start off some where

first wip
    after some experimenting i guess i'll go with this one
    as a chinesse zombie,would be fun to depict myself as one of these will be adding things along the way tough..
    http://attachments.conceptart.org/fo...1&d=1287672772
    time to refining and match the face now
    wish me luck..

Zombie me and our zombie cats with my zombie fiancee.

Please PM me if you'd like an individual crit.

idrawyouonthesubway
    huxleycreative

Oh this is so fun to work at...

This is my second post here and since i was told to show some wips i present you my sketch for this week challenge. It has some mistakes i know but i will try to correct them as i go on with the drawing.

Hope you like it and yup if i were a zombie my physical features most likely would look like this

Haha really great ideas and executions so far, guys.

An idea I had, zombie me doing a self-portrait. If you're a zombie then you must be able to make the perfect self-portrait, although it may end up a scribble in this case since the body cannot see.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

Lord M : wow! you beat me to the punch. I hit refresh and you had posted essentially the same as what I'm about to upload. looking good so far!

My WIP:

matt kohr - Haha wow what a coincidence that we both posted almost the same idea at the same time, what's the odds for that? Hehe it is looking real promising, at least we didn't both have the same body part as the motif.

Although we both seem to have to include some form of decay as ours doesn't look that decayed at all - atleast at the current stage. I am not sure how decayed it have to be, I would like to rather have it as a "just became a zombie some hours ago" for mine.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

Awesome entries so far!

Here is my wip:

Lord M and matt kohr - Funny ideas! I was going to do myself slaving over a wacom and turning into a zombie looking at the computer screen.

gah first self portrait too... pre zombified me... will add the gore in a moment

Anatomy..... it hates me. Hooray for blob feet!
    And I'm going to draw your attention away from the scribble on the left that is supposed to be an anchor.....

There's some seriously awesome pictures showing up in this thread! Admiring the skills Rusty, your picture is freakin creepy- can't wait until you splash some colour on that thing

Right now I'd just be happy if I finish this by the deadline.

More zombification on its way!

Helltroll — I love the mood and the eyes; it's still early to say but I'm not sure where your light sources will be...

Rusty — Love your sketches, as always: very organic, full of life, and the anatomy is so strong; my only issue is with the left arm coming up the way it does. Naturally I realize a zombie will be contorted but this contortion takes away from the balance of the character. It looks like you had the arm down and back, perhaps in some kind of zombie roar. That feels better to me compositionally. Still, whatever you do I have no doubts it will be powerful and lovely. Love your stuff

matt kohr — clean lines! and wow... perspective, even!

Rose.Lagan — Blob feet are ok. Better to go from something broad to something detailed. I think yours is a zombie portrait I can get behind! (Are you wearing socks?) If I may I'd like to see more variance of values. I realize that as far as color goes you may be waiting to punch it up, or possibly want to leave it muted. I'm just curious...

Here's two WIPS...
    I'll be adding more of "me" and some rotting flesh... just wanted to get something skeletal together first...

Last edited by MasterTroglodyte; October 21st, 2010 at 11:59 PM.

Just a small update. Not sure if i'm liking where it's going but suppose i'll keep on trucking and see how it turns out.

Awesome entries so far!

Rusty - I took a look at your sketchbook and you have some awesome stuff in there. It's gonna be hard to follow your lead.

Rose.Lagan - I really like the idea of yours being underwater. It's looking good so far and looking forward to seeing it progress.

Everyone else is looking great, sorry I don't have time to crit them all atm.

WIP

Hopefully I go ahead and finish this on time :/

Last edited by anibawl; October 22nd, 2010 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Picture

I want to take some pictures and do it a bit like a self portrait (but include my body), like a realistic zombie me, might be a bit morbid though. Probably one not to show my mum..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.