Angel Academy of Art & Florence Academy of Art portfolio submission
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow Angel Academy of Art & Florence Academy of Art portfolio submission

Hello, I'm gunna be applying to AAA and FAA next month and I was wondering what my portfolio should contain. I'm thinking about sending a couple of portraits, a bargue, master copy and a figure painting or drawing. Is that good enough? Can anyone who got excepted to AAA or FAA or any other atelier based facility show some examples of their entry gaining portfolios? It would be much appreciated

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    R.J.O.,
    I have limited knowledge of either of these schools, but I know that AAA states that they "do not discriminate based on skill level", meaning that the portfolio you enter isn't judged on whether its great skill-wise, but i guess rather on whether you're willing to work hard and put in massive effort.. (?) Although i would have to assume that if there is a great deal of competition the year you apply, i would think that they would have to admit students based on skill... I'm not sure how it works. So i guess I too would love to hear from someone who was admitted. Although I do remember a student of Angel Academy talking once about how he risked not even sending AAA a portfolio because he didn't have a camera, instead just sending his written application. So i guess it could go either way?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We shall find out, in time. Sweet, sweet time.

Members who have read this thread: 2