Art: 12'' Lara Croft statue

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

12'' Lara Croft statue

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to sculpting, and the statue of Medusa below is my first sculpture.

12'' Lara Croft statue
    12'' Lara Croft statue
    12'' Lara Croft statue
    as you can see, i'm only a beginner...

BUT that's not wat this thread is about. I haven't even finished my first statue, and I'm already making plans for the second. I always wanted to make my own statue of Lara Croft, and today I decided to give it a try
    Here's my design:
    12'' Lara Croft statue
    *Bad photo*

Anyway, she's gonna be around 12 inch long, and I was thinking of making her out of polymer clay. Now I have a couple of questions:
    -Is it possible to make a statue of this size out of Super Sculpey?
    -Is it possible to Combine Super Sculpey firm and Super sculpey in one statue?
    -Is it possible to use real rocks for the base of the statue?

Thats it for now. I'll also post my progress in this thread.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In my opinion,you shold start doing something easier and smaller,because you will feel frustrated because that Lara Croft Statue is something to do when your skills are better.But that is only my humble opinion.

The answer to the three questions is YES.

Note: If you are doing a face,try to make it look like a face.It´s good to start doing something like the skull and proceed with the muscles etc.Your face for medusa looks mora like a picassian face than a real human face.Using reference is not a bad idea,for the face and body.Make an armature with the same proportions as a real human skeleton,it will help a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Camara View Post
    In my opinion,you shold start doing something easier and smaller,because you will feel frustrated because that Lara Croft Statue is something to do when your skills are better.But that is only my humble opinion.

The answer to the three questions is YES.

Note: If you are doing a face,try to make it look like a face.It´s good to start doing something like the skull and proceed with the muscles etc.Your face for medusa looks mora like a picassian face than a real human face.Using reference is not a bad idea,for the face and body.Make an armature with the same proportions as a real human skeleton,it will help a lot.
    Well, I was thinking of doing something easy, but I couldnt really find something that I liked and was easy to make(guess I just like difficult things..) and than I just decided: what the heck, let's just give it a try. I kinda like challenges

as for the face: I cant do faces, I know. I think im just gonna make a mold with some plaster and the face of a female figure I have hanging around. I wasnt really prepared for my Medusa-statue, so I forgot to make an armature. I'll sure do make one with this statue.

Thanks for answering my questions

Well, now that I'm fully informed, I guess I'll just get started soon. I dont think I'm able to make the uze myself, so I'll just buy a 1/6 scale uzi made for 12 inch action figures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can always make a bust instead of a full body sculpture!!And try hard to make faces!!It´s a matter of practice!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not trying to discourage you at all, I admire your ambition, but Camara offers some good advice...learn to walk before you run - I too am guilty of this. Taking on too much at once will only lead to frustration. The size you want to make her is possible but will require an armature (a skeleton you would make first out of wire and foil)...if not, the clay will just sink into itself under the weight as you build her up. You may find this link particularly useful as it shows full figure sculpts from start to finish http://www.youtube.com/user/juliankhor and they incorporate armatures.

Hope this helps you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good start mate..as they have already told you i would suggest you look for some references and make well proportioned armatures first...and again some more references for form and anatomy...first try to get the gross forms right and then proceed on to the finer details

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.