Thanks

Does anyone film?

Hey all,

I was just cursious as I am recovering from an 18 hour 16mm shoot, does anyone else here film at all?

I am at Emily Carr in Vancouver BC, in the integrated media program where we get to deal with everything from industrial design to well, lol, film.

If anyone has anything online, or would want to kick up something film wise, I am all for it.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Well, I'm very much into filming, but apparently I never did a "real" film so far - just some school projects.
    Don't have them online either. Just on tape.

I think about studying film and I got some good literature bout film-theory here. I even got a camcorder and Software. The only thing lacking is practical experience. Most of my friends simply don't have fun or time doing something like this... I love it nevertheless, so I'm always looking for good material to cut

Thanks
    ive never shot with real film--but ive done a couple short films with mini DV. I love shooting, and most of all editing. lots of fun!!!

Thanks
    Yeh, definitely into it, but I've never shot anything with film, only VHS or on a miniDV.

Have you got anymore information like a webstie on the course you are doing? It sounds interesting.

Thanks
    i have never filmed before. but i am really interested in getting into filming, but dont know much about it . i do have a digital camcorder and adobe premiere (is that a good program for editing?). could you point out some good books, and some ways to get started??

Thanks
    Yeah, a few friends and I are movie-makers (miniDV) also, but we do it for fun (not cause we're good or anything ). We also made a pretty interesting media piece for our senior project.
    Oh, yeah, we are starting to dabble in film-making, but we're poor, so we're starting with super8. If you have anything online, share it.
    Last edited by MrKayne; March 15th, 2004 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks
    Savii :: You can find my school at www.eciad.ca, my proff just put up the new site, it is mint. The program I am taking is Integrated Media.

Dingo :: Yeah some great books are "STORY" by Robert McKee, "Secrets of Screenplay Structure" by Linda Cowgill,
    "Premiere Bible" as a good tech resource for Adobe Premiere,
    and above all "The Conversation" By Micheal Ondatje it is a series of interviews with Walter Murch, it will knock your socks off.

Yeah this 16mm film is a pretty big undertaking for a second year project but nothing like being thrown into the fire to learn it, I hope. LOL.

I am big on MiniDV for costs but once you shoot on film and see what it is like on screen DV makes your eyes hurt, even a 3 chip still does not come close. Although the labour saver with DV is just incredible. My grad project will be shot on HD.

nice to see there are a few of us on the ca boards

Thanks
    ahh... a buddy of mine just got a sony HD camera very nice picture even if it isnt the high end camera.
    Chad Townsend
    http://www.chadtownsend.com

We now return you to Bullit already in progress...

Thanks
    huge into film here. studying it in school. i make films every week. well minidv, but whatever. you are a lucky man to get to mess with real film. i spend several hours a week rendering with cinelook to get my stuff looking better( not film quality, but as close as i can get)
    i would love to see some work from you. in fact i think since film in and of itself is veery conceptual, there should be a film section, but maybe that is stretching it.
    later
    meta
    "Let it BURN"

Thanks
    anything uploaded, meta?

Thanks
    sorry hanuka, i dont have the webspace for it, if i could get some i would be happy to upload for ya. ill let you know, or if you know of a place to get space.
    later
    meta
    "Let it BURN"

Thanks
    Meta, I have finally bought my site although I don't have any film to Beta transfers yet. The current short 16mm I am working on right now might work out well enough that the transfer will be worth the costs, then to upload it etc.

It won't be happening until mid May though, still have to finish it lol.

I get my rushes back this monday so everyone pray!

Thanks
    Yep, writing, storyboarding, filming, post production, even compositing CG with footage.

A little knowledge of everything....just enough to get by.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Darth do you do any 3d logo design and or 3d logo animation?

I have the logo finished but I am looking to possibly have an animated version for the intro to my films

Thanks
    Sorry dude. I gave up on 3D soon after school. I'm only knowledgeble in compositing layers of 3D over footage.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Nice, well I just got my rushes back and everything is solid, time to go fire up the old steinbech and hope I don't lose a finger while editing, lol. After working on that thing for 10 hours, DV looks so good lol.