Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1440
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 912 Posts
    Things seem to be going well. Some of these paintings are charming, such as the last one. Nice expression. Others are a little off to me. Such as the one of the couple you were having trouble with. Its good you used refference on their faces, but it also helps to step away from the tablet and sketch the expression till it looks right. Part of the reason an expression might seem off can have anything to do with the direction of the eyes, the muscles under the eyes, cheeks, hands, posture. Etc.
    Always good to sketch yourself pulling faces too. It definitely helps.

Anyway, keep up the good work hope to see more soon.
    - Sketchbook - Society6 - Etsy
    Cheers

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,822 Times in 2,536 Posts

I can see you sitting in your spiked tower, observing the post
    apocalyptic environment, almost nothing have left around,
    but you kept your stoic steadiness, and that brave heart is
    still beating in your chest. Nothing can stop you and your reign
    of success, I believe that it’s a big icy underwater mountain
    is what sunk the Titanic, but that never can happen to you,
    cause you’ve boosted your awareness to 10 out of 10. Sharp
    aim, direct target, studies at hand, knives around your waist.
    More light studies if you ask me, do them more in greyscale,
    light a candle or put a light bulb near an object like sphere
    or box and try to imitate it on your drawing and painting.
    Kicking up your light understanding would make your
    pieces to look even more attractive. You are on the right
    track for sure, the fiery rollerblades on your feet are
    carving big shiny signs on the clouds and sky.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Naidy Thanks, yeah sometimes I tend to start too quickly with an image. Like I sketched something and I forget to check if it is off. Or maybe I should just step back at that moment and check it later, so that I will see it.

LtPlissken You can describe it well XD Light studies would be a good idea. In one of the images I am working on I added two torches. I will try to make the lightning work well there. I have not studied much lately, I should plan some light studies indeed!

Bleeeh not looking forward to my dead-end job tomorrow. Oh well. I found the best song for today.

*heh* listening to it at the moment.

Name:  scannen0003.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  60.5 KB

I am still working on this. Oh man so much here that need fixing. Why is that one window wonky? Lol I did not notice it in Photoshop :V
    Guess I was distracted.

Name:  scannen0004.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  67.0 KB

This is a remake of something in 2013 that I never finished. So technically it is not a remake but just a follow-up on it? Anyway, I wanted to get back to the mecha thing and work on my lights. I struggled with those 2 torches for a bit. I used ref for a torch but in a photo it is always different.

And finally some A4 ballpoint drawing.
    This is a photo of it:
    Name:  SAM_1987.JPG
Views: 646
Size:  164.3 KB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sushy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 895 Posts
    hey sushi! I know I havent posted in a long time but I have lurked. i feel your pain about not progressing anywhere, but didnt know how to help. got an idea right now though- why don't you try and use some ref for the pieces you're working on? -use that as a study? like for the 2 torches you could find a photo with 2 torches approaching what you want and use that to do the light?
    SKETCHBOOK - my website - facebook company page
    ooh yeah; did you know I'm a certified art-teacher? that's right. everything arty I say has been endorsed by the state of the Netherlands! (they'll be sorry soon)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ashess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ashess Thanks, yeah I use reference for the torches but it is hard to apply it in a different image. Maybe I should look for better references? XD

Okay I am entering ChoW again to motivate myself to draw stuff.
    + motivating music :V

There was this song from Skrillex once that was very good but I forgot what it was. But this one is nice too, the only time I can listen to Avicii.
    Anyway, ChoW sketch:

Name:  sample.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  31.7 KB

It's a spirit, that's why he is blue.

Views: 573
Size:  57.6 KB

Views: 570
Size:  33.5 KB

Name:  scannen0005.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  82.1 KB

hehehe sketchbook dump, these are from life, trains, imagination and Bridgman. Not in any specific order.

Name:  Untitled2.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  58.3 KB

And yeah angry Magnemite drawing :> It ain't finished as usual.

/starting many stuffs again.

Thanks
    misschien niet? wat is je referentie? zoiets lijkt me al goed...

Name:  The-Cutty-Wren-008.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  29.1 KB

en oh jee een aanrijding :/ altijd rot.
    ooh yeah; did you know I'm a certified art-teacher? that's right. everything arty I say has been endorsed by the state of the Netherlands! (they'll be sorry soon)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ashess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    @ashess: Ah die lijkt best wel op wat ik nu heb als referentie, misschien moet ik maar gewoon het zo goed mogelijk overnemen dan xD
    Ja ik vind de "aanrijding met persoon" altijd zo'n gekke zin. Ergens heeft het wat tragisch, zit ik in de trein en is er ergens iemand die het waarschijnlijk niet meer zag zitten. (of is verongelukt, kan ook nog). Volgens mij had ik er geen last van maar het werd omgeroepen.

Okay quick update now because I ain't got enough time!
    got a job interview tomorrow eheheheh

started drawing in a new small sketchbook:

Views: 552
Size:  177.9 KB

Views: 553
Size:  117.8 KB

photostudy

Name:  photostudie214.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  34.6 KB

this is a commission I am working on

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  70.8 KB

Thanks
    Yay nog een Nederlander. En trololol, ik wist niet dat je ook Nederlands was Ashess haha.

I shall continue in English so everyone can follow. I didn't have the time now to thoroughly investigate your sketchbook. But what I've seen so far is awesome! I really need to come back soon to check te rest. I love cross-hatching and you are now official my cross-hatching idol!

Thanks
    Greggy Frost Uit Ashess schetsboek neem ik aan? XD Och wij Nederlanders zijn overal :V
    oooh thanks ^________^ you made my day with that comment :> I sometimes... well... often... do not feel that great about my art xD

So that was a long day at work, I could not focus at all. My boss acts weird about my final free days I have *sigh*. I think I had like a day left but I probably won't get it. Other than that I am busy with job interviews. I may actually get two offers it seems, it will be hard to decide which one to pick. Both pay less than my current job does v_v but maybe the work will be less annoying? I guess it will depend on what it actually is.

Views: 536
Size:  47.5 KB

Views: 535
Size:  83.7 KB

//random sketchbook crap
    life, bridgman, bus things

Name:  photostudie215.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  35.9 KB

I did this a while ago, I wanted to do a photostudy and turn it into a really cool artwork but I just don't know what to do with this image so I shall just keep it as a study.

Views: 545
Size:  63.2 KB

and a not-so-exciting doodle. I am fond of the skin color though I think it matches nice with the pink and blue and yellow.

Edit: Oh I forgot to add a song. I think this post should have a song.
    Sonata Arctica for now.

Second edit: yes my scanner sucks so the lines in my sketchbook are hard to see.
    Last edited by Sushy; October 15th, 2014 at 03:08 PM.

Thanks
    hey dutchy :p
    148 is sweet.
    on the arabesque lady, watch your plains. the mouth and the forehead are on different angles right now.

Thanks
    ashess Oh is that why it looks so weird to me as well? I am afraid I cannot see the plains, but I noticed there is something wrong with the face indeed.

*sigh* Work is complicated.
    /listening to Linkin Park for some relief. Yeah it works for me XD

Yay for drawing hair :>
Views: 524
Size:  108.9 KB
    I like making illustrations like this it seems :V

Name:  stilleven2_2014.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  77.1 KB

And I painted the squash I bought today. I really like squashes, there are so many different kinds. I think it are these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucurbita

and finally this ChoW, I am not sure how to improve it but it should improve

Views: 832
Size:  60.7 KB

Thanks
    Nice sketchbook you have here! I wasn't able to go through everything yet, but I will. Anyways, you can really see the improvement in your faces from the very first page. I really like how you're not afraid to draw anything and your use of colors is pretty good. I think your traditional work using pencil and pen is the best so far.
    My Sketchbook: Criticisms and Feedback needed

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
    Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bish0p2004 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    How you maybe could improve that ChoW... improve the contrast between the character and the background?
    Making the values of the background behind him lighter and more contrasting colors so his silhouette pops out some more. It's a nice piece I really like the eerie feel.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Greggy Frost For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Lovely hair illustration! You're getting pretty good. Keep at it!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Misty Feather For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    bish0p2004 Thanks, yeah there is much to go through, I have posted quite much through the years.

Greggy Frost Good idea, I could indeed at contrast colors and/or make it lighter. Something to keep in mind I guess!

Misty Feather thank you n_n

Pfoo I have not been feeling well lately. Lots of changes are going to happen in the future and it scares me a bit. First of all, I am going to switch my job. I found a new offer but the contract is kinda... loose. So it will be a surprise each week how many hours I will make.
    Other than that I have watched too much Naruto Shippuden. 0w0 maybe I should make fan art of it someday.

Anyway updattuu time,

Name:  masterstudy_6.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  31.7 KB

undetailed master study

aaand I drew a member of CA
Views: 489
Size:  64.7 KB

sketch from a stock photo at deviantART
Views: 497
Size:  72.2 KB

attempt at drawing the style of Monster High.
    Gosh I love those dolls now. XD
    Name:  restinpinkness_2014.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  128.2 KB

Views: 491
Size:  80.6 KB

and a WIP... must finish this in time... At least before Halloween!

Thanks
    Everyone said it here but your lines and crosshatching skills are just incredible. You can definitely see a steady improvement in those digital paintings and studies. Keep it up please!
    It may be a crazy Idea, but I would suggest to really try and experiment with different brushes and textures, espesially when doing those life studies. I think it is a very good thing that you stick to the same method. But it may be beneficial to try and play with new things every once in a while. You are able to incorporate your beautiful lines and your crosshatching so well together, perhaps you may find new ways to make edge and line variations in those digital paintings as well.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to SorrowCow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I like the funeral pic most. Good sense of mood.

Your sketches are definitely getting there. keep it up.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Misty Feather For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    really nice sketchbook i like it

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Gul For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    SorrowCow Thanks! I am glad to hear, I consider it one of my strong points too, for school I am focusing on it actually right now. That indeed is a good idea, I always use the same brushes. I could use some experimenting sometimes! Now to find some nice brushes xD I have had the same brush set for years now.

Misty Feather Thanks :>

Gud I am glad you like it

Today was the last day at my job. It was kinda weird, they even made some kind of party for me. I even got flowers and a coupon to buy books with. I did have mixed feelings since I did not connect well with the people there. Now they were all nice and such but I am leaving too. (they actually terminated my contract, so how nice are they really?) Oh well I did not fit in there anyways. Next week I will start at my new job. I am getting a bit scared of it really. I have had like 4 employers in 2 years now. My resume is getting kinda ff'd up.

Anyway, here are things I made for school, I must find a way to print these :/
    I do not have a working printer :V

Name:  SAM_2021.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  104.8 KB

Name:  SAM_2033.JPG
Views: 526
Size:  76.9 KB

These are photos of cut-out drawings I made. I like how you can create different images with it. Even though you use the same drawing:

Name:  SAM_2023.JPG
Views: 950
Size:  75.2 KB

Update on this thing, meeh I must finish it T_T

Views: 526
Size:  80.9 KB

Thanks
    Hey Sushy! whoa you have this 44 pages of sketchbook? you must have been really productive & popular ! I haven't seen all your posts at the moment, only some of the latest. I must say that your traditional pen drawing is really good, I like how the lines are so clean, seems there's no hesitation when you stroke it down. I think it would be a good idea to emphasize this skill of yours on the digital works as well? Well I do aware stroking a stylus with a stroking a pen is different though, maybe you can start out traditional lines as the basis & render it up with digital? But without losing those nice pen lines & cross hatches. I dont know if you are familiar with Keith Thompson, he is one of my favorite artist who use this kind of method.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to unique_litani For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Those cut out drawing in real life looks really cool! Make more staff like this, may be with some creatures) Cheer!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to n1frit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    unique_litani Thanks, I am not really that popular, I just post a lot and I also started replying to other sketchbooks more so I guess that's why my thread gets a bump more often. I wanted these forums to get more activity again so I thought I would just start with that. Yeah cross-hatching is not the same with the tablet, it only works well on paper I think. That Keith Thompson guy makes really cool work like that, I guess I could try that too. Then it would only be digital coloring and traditional linework. I used to work like that quite often in the past.

n1frit Thanks Dimi and good idea I might make some creatures for it too. I must get started on it XD

Yeah today I bought a lot of stuff with that coupon, funny though, I did not buy any books. I bought magazines and an agenda with it. That was cool.
    Now time to dump some sketches here :V
Views: 520
Size:  88.0 KB

Size:  98.9 KB

Views: 517
Size:  77.3 KB

I made a still life too today, of the squashes I bought a while ago. I love squashes, they look cool. They are not edible though.

Name:  stilleven3_2014.jpg
Size:  42.1 KB
    This was like an hour. I don't know why but I find it hard nowadays to make a good still life... Anyway at least I tried. The only music that gets me through still lives is night core actually. So I was sitting like

And finally, a new WIP, it's someone's character.

Views: 511
Size:  68.0 KB

Thanks
    Really really like all your ballpoint drawings they look so very much alive. The illustration with the dragon looks cool but the fire seem really off, I understand that you want to stylize it and not realistic but I think it would look better if the shapes had a bit more variaties. Especially the tips are all quite straight. The dragon and the creature on the bottom left only have a line of yellow light to show the get lit by the fire, but if theyre that close to it, the fire would effect the look alot more than just those lines. Id suggest making the line bigger and fade out over the pieces of the body. Or look up with what kind of lightsources such lines are created this is mostly when an object is turning away. Love the illustration and hope you improve this small detail. Good Luck!
    My Sketchbook
    Connect with me on Artstation

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Kessel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wow, you've done so much work and you have a great imagination, I'm a fan of all the animuu work :3

40. The Following User Says Thank You to shoebill For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey thanks for stopping by, I like the last still life you did and overall the whole manga/comic style you are doing.
    Looks like you are having fun and that is always a good thing

Keep it on!

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve G. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Dennis Kessel Thanks for the feedback, I tried to make it better. Unfortunately I could not get the flames better but I tried fixing the lighting and such. Yeah detailed pieces are nice, it seems like I need a clear briefing or idea when I want to make artwork like that.

shoebill thanks is my stuff still very animuu? xD
    I thought it would be less obvious by now, but I guess it is still a big influence (which I am ok with actually)

Steve G Thanks, no problem :>

Okay just a quick update now :V

Name:  masterstudy_7.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  50.4 KB
    crappy masterstudy x_x

Views: 489
Size:  125.2 KB

final update on this, I submitted it for the contest so I am done with it XD
    On to the next thing XD

Name:  Untitled2.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  87.7 KB

I am coloring one of my ballpoint drawings, this does not have a clear topic but I just needed a drawing to try this on.

Thanks
    Hey Sushy! I agree with everybody else, this sketchbook is great. Your ballpoint pen stuff is clean and killer and I love your still lives!

I think you could probably benefit from using what you learn from your still lives in your imaginative stuff. Like before, in an earlier post you were talking about not being able to find a torch reference that was quite right. Whenever I can't figure something like that out, I just make it and study it. Like for a torch, you could set up a decent sized candle and study how the light falls on the wall, or how it lights a character (you, a stuffed animal, or action figure can stand in) from a certain angle. That kind of thing has always helped me. I usually make little models because my imagination is terrible with figuring that stuff out.

Keep it up! you have a great sketchbook!

-daniel

45. The Following User Says Thank You to arkhamalien For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I really love your sketchbook and your style, it's very charming

47. The Following User Says Thank You to kirbyjay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi Sushy thanks for your feedback.

Nice sketchbook, 44 pages! Your pen sketches are very cool, very detailed. Keep it up

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Orda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    arkhamalien Woah building it myself? :o That is a good idea, never thought of that. It sounds a bit hard to do though. I guess it is easier with some pieces. I sometimes posed for my pictures, that's something I could try again. xD

kirbyjay thank you

Orda Yeaah I am aiming for the magic number: 100! xD Thanks!

Bleh my computer started freezing again today. *sigh* I guess that reinstall didn't work out T_T

Name:  masterstudy_8.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  30.1 KB

Anyway, got a master study for ya, I am pretty pleased with it I guess. Except that book XD

and here are just some scribbles from my sketchbook:

Views: 461
Size:  96.7 KB

Views: 459
Size:  139.3 KB

Views: 465
Size:  73.2 KB

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 40