Sheridan Animation vs Illustration
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Sheridan Animation vs Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sheridan Animation vs Illustration

Im looking into going to Sheridan next year and take the animation course since I was reading that it's one of the better courses for getting a job in the concept art industry. But after looking at some of the animation portfolios I found on a blog, I feel illustration is better...since the samples for the animation program seem cartoony. Im actually quite worried since I dont really draw cartoony stuff, a lot of my stuff is realistic/serious. Or should I not even bother with Sheridan...and find some school in the states and/or TAD?

Can someone give me some insight? Please and thank you.

Also here is my blog, just so you can see my style (bare with me, I dont update a lot >_>): http://cav-art.blogspot.com/

Last edited by ChineseWarri0r; October 8th, 2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: change title
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have to be a liiiil bit more specific! excuse my writing my brain hasn't slept in a while but with animation well you animate alot! Oh you draw tons but you animate alot still. first year you do the bouncy ball, baloon flying out the window. Sounds like you like drawing more than animating so go for illustration...

But in the end (dont get me wrong school helps tons!) No one really looks at where you go to school cuz thats not what gets you the job. It is your own portfolio and skills that get you that job

Narfff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah...it really is about your portfolio. Im just not very confident about myself and feel going to school would be better. But atm, I dont know whether to go to Sheridan or not...or just take part time classes at TAD.

Kinda feel that Sheridan might not benefit me, since I've been reading that they dont teach much digital mediums, compared to traditional.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseWarri0r View Post

Kinda feel that Sheridan might not benefit me, since I've been reading that they dont teach much digital mediums, compared to traditional.

I graduated the illustration interpretive stream and I currently do concept/production art/matte painting for film.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3636416/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mmmm I will have to keep on thinking Tough decision. I guess it really doesnt matter which program I really take >_> And really is based on my own skill!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseWarri0r View Post
    Mmmm I will have to keep on thinking Tough decision. I guess it really doesnt matter which program I really take >_> And really is based on my own skill!
    Yup. I went through the same period of doubt and uncertainty as you. And I came to the same conclusion. I'm going to go to Sheridan in January, starting with art fundamentals. I will use their resources and push myself.

Members who have read this thread: 1