Just got back from europe!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Just got back from europe!

I had an amazing adventure. I seriously recommend everybody save your money and waste it in europe. It was seriously life changing. Here's the break down.

Barcelona: beautiful city, beautiful people. I walked the infamous Rambles, there were no spaniards there though. It was all tourist and merchants taking advantage of them. The columbus monument was something to behold.

Pisa: The leaning tower was a bit of a laughable gimmick. But everything else was breath taking. The neo fascist graffiti was pretty creepy. I liked all the statues dedicated to pirate hunting.

Tunis: I didn't expect to wind up in north Africa. The people around there love to haggle. I wound up buying a hookah and some ancient coins for $25 and a pair of sunglasses.

Sorento: purely touristy, but it had amazing stone architecture built into the stone bluffs it came from.

Monaco: The view from the peaks were amazing. The most colorful and blingy cityscape imaginable.

Rome: everybody there should have their licenses revoked. Everybody is always driving on the wrong side of the road. They're probably distracted by all of the amazing shit on every turn. Let me put it this way, I was out looking for a place to have a drink and wound up at the Trevi Fountain. The sistine chapel was pretty underwhelming in comparison to st peters basilica.

Austria: the countryside was so beautiful it looked like a lie. the wild grass looked like puting greens and the flowers bloomed with a blinding radiance completely effortlessly. I ate wienersnitzel, not the shitty 'merican hot dog chain, the real shit. Battered, deep fried, veal cutlets. Om Nom Nom.

Vienna: The night life was so dead I thought there was a wake going on. The only bars I found with anybody in them were occupied with sad lonely whores. The day time was a different story. The museums and rich history was an eye opener. They love Gustav Klimt in that town and I don't blame them.

Prague: Despite all I heard about the czech republic being cheap, well prague wasn't. I did have some czech absinthe and go to the mucca museum. The bars around there were all in these underground cellars. It totally made up for the fact nobody spoke english.

Venice: It felt like I was in some sort of a fairytale. I couldn't believe how beautiful and intriguing it actually was. Even if everything is four lefts to make a right.

Berlin: All of the places I had mentioned before were great places to visit, but I never felt welcome, accept Berlin. Everybody there was extremely friendly and social. I really liked the clubs. The fact that beer was cheaper than soda really helped and there was no such thing as a bad beer. Over all if there was any place in the world I could live, Berlin would be a strong contender. I love the music, the art and the women.

Amsterdam: I saved the best for last. does it get any better than doing mushrooms in a historical trading empire with naked ladies in every window? I'm not sure. It's not the kind of place I'd like to live the rest of my life, but what an amazing place to boogie down and even get some actual culture in.

I did loose my sketchbook before I hit Berlin (my last week), so my sketchbook is a little thin, but without further adue here are my international sketches.

Attached Images Attached Images                    
    Last edited by Raoul Duke; October 7th, 2010 at 08:32 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    And when will we see the photos?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,791 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe sounds like you had a really good time, glad to hear. And ye when we gonna see the photos?

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    dude! you shoulda told me when you were in vienna,i could have shown you some nice places. (esp. wednesday,there's one metal bar where everything costs 1 euro)
    glad you liked the rest of it aswell.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Carnifex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Carnie: unfortunately I was only in vienna for one night and one morning. I'm definately going back though. I only had three weeks to visit all of these countries. Next time I'm saving up 10 grand and buying a one way ticket. I'll give my parents the money for my flight home

well I busted my camera pretty early on in the trip I'll be sure to get it fixed and post them this week. But I do have some pictures from a girl I went on an old fashioned date with in berlin. I'm the big dude in brown and tan. The pretty little blonde girl is my date. She was from Georgia (the country, not the state) Though she was sweeter than a peach. The last photo of my shoes is probably what compelled her to go on a date with me.

we danced at a club that played this song for two straight hours. The song was so good we didn't notice until the second hour.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 333 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You went to Europe and didn't visit England?

We got rain! and pork pies!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tehmeh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Next time I'm starting with Scotland, because I love scotch. Then London, then Amsterdam, then EVERYWHERE! Unfortunately this time I just couldn't squeeze it in.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And? Did you get your Pelikan Ink and whatever Art supplies you wanted to buy? : )

Nice to see you visited Austria as well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Whadjabringme?

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I couldn't find the specific brand of ink I was looking for, but I did buy a very fancy pen and ink set along with a marbled sketchbook. The combination has a great effect, but it's a very unstable effect. I'll scan the one piece I did and post it later.

kittae: I brought you used kitty litter.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,581 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'll send my address and postage in a PM...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.