Schools with Animation Majors In New York

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Schools with Animation Majors In New York

Hey guys.

I've been looking specifically into two (and a half) schools- and I want to know if they're any good before I go into them. Unfortunately I'm fairly restricted to New York State... so I've decided to apply to both RIT (and possibly Monroe CC, which is close by RIT) and Mohawk Valley Community College. I've looked into RIT very closely, even visited once and I plan on visiting again. I'm going to visit MVCC this month-- but if anyone has any information on the actual classes there, and what it's like, that would be wonderful.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    2D animation or 3D? Undergrad or grad? Some of the best animations from schools in NYC I've seen have been from SVA, Pratt and Parsons with a few exceptions from FIT and NYU. As for RIT or MVCC or other schools elsewhere in NY state, I do not know.

Thanks
    hey i went to rit for illustration and it was a pretty good school for that, i think the animation school improved after i left. when i was there the medical illustration teacher was teaching flash so it seemed a little weird to me but it could be different now good luck

Thanks
    Ah, my bad Aneru. I'm a senior, so undergraduate. =) Also, I want to go into 3d Animation. Thanks for the suggestions, too, but I would really like to avoid New York City for a college... I've lived in small towns most of my life, so really I want my college to be in a... less heavily populated city.

Thanks for the input, Mikeorion =)

Thanks
    Haha, I actually signed up so I can reply to your inquiry about MVCC

I'm currently a second year student there (given, I'm in the Illustration program, but I've taken classes with and am friends with a lot of the current animation majors). MVCC is a pretty great school for the price, and the teachers are in my experience fantastic. The administration leaves a LOT to be desired though, and be prepared to take a lot of what they say with a grain of salt.

The animation program is a great two year program, but be warned: it's veryvery labor intensive (although that's true of any animation program). A lot of kids switch after the first semester. I've lived in the area my entire life, and while Utica is a pretty big city (50,000+) it does feel pretty homely. MVCC is in a really nice area.

If you have any other questions feel free to pm me I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about it, or can ask my animation students friends at the very least!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZysk For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.