painter vs photoshop
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

painter vs photoshop

hi,
    i will introduce myself in the other forum.

for now, i have possibly a silly question; but what is the difference between Painter and Photoshop? is one simply Corel, and the other Adobe? what are the primary differences?

thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The programs are completely different. Many artists use both, or some use one or the other. I just recently got painter and I use both programs. Photoshop I feel is easier to use and there is more control. Painter can run slow at times, especially if you dont know what you are doing. Photoshop I feel is easier to get into, Painter seems to take some time getting used to, but that might be because I have been using Photoshop for 5 years now. Painter is easier to get more of a traditional feel, and has many more burshes with many different effects. I guess thats a quick little insight to both programs. Other people may have a different idea.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The basic difference is propably in the use of the program.

Photoshop is primarily photo editing (not that its not good for painting) and such, whereas Painter is designed for painting and not really usefull for photo editing.

Though alot of people paint in photoshop i find it better to paint in painter, because it mimics real world painting, and has soo many different brushes and blending effects.

Then i usually crop, resize, adjust levels and stuff like that in photoshop ;D

Most people use both programs.. and switch between the two. Say you like to sketch in photoshop and then color and finish in painter.

Also painter tends to get a little slow at times, where photoshop is more regular performance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aaah, thanks. that has helped me a lot.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.