Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Thanks
    good idea, watch the right leg it should be the leg that has all the weight shifted to it (or atleast it did in the previous pose) if you change this then the entire body is gonna have to change too seems like a huuuuge hassle but will pay off in the end i guess. just try to keep that in mind you dont neccessarily have to show the legs you could probably get the whole strangling thing done in a 3/4 shot. MORE MORE MORE

Livestreamin'

Blog

Available for Freelance!-Contact Michael.jay@live.co.uk

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    @LtPlissken: Me too. I've found it very hard drawing her when her ass keeps distracting me.

@Fudgeloaf: Hmm I see what you mean. I'll try and shift the light around til it fixes it, hopefully that'll work!

So some uni stuff today. Got another piece I'm working on where the I was asked to draw the serial killer sat at the dining table with one of his victims tied up.

And made some changes to the previous portrait one so that he doesn't look so green.

Thanks
    Another 7hrs of work on this one, it's taking me so long! But learning a lot from it, very difficult with no references (apart from using my face for the face) . Spent a good few hours on those boobies alone trying to make them look realistic. Still a lot more work to go! Will pick it up again tomorrow.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 2,528 Posts

Once again, I very much like your painting subjects.
    Way to go doing this without a reference.
    The thing that I would suggest for you is to make her
    more shadowed, especially where she touches the table,
    and put some shadows on the table also, shadows that she
    cast on it. Without these shadows, she looks too flat.

Thanks
    Thanks again, and you're right there Had to give up on it for today cause my eyes were getting sore from staring at my computer for so long. Will be adding a wood texture to the table, jazzing up the table legs and finishing the colouring & shading of the lady tomorrow.

Then I'll let myself get back to that delicious buttocks.

Thanks
    hey looking good you can tell its your face reffed hehe pretty freaky! watch those arms and wrists, i know theres some extreme perspective going on here but they wont be that thin, if you look at the actual killer and how big his proportions are in comparison to hers at that distance and try to use him and his arms in relation to hers to get the measure ments right. You Always pick such difficult poses hehe. After doing that weird perspective thing with will that time you might wanna think about whether this is a camera perspective or an eye cos true eye perspective is like a fish eye remember and if this is your character looking it might make it even more interesting... and hard.. hehe. Keep it up! MORE MORE MORE

Livestreamin'

Blog

Thanks
    @Fudgeloaf: Good point! Thanks

So I haven't spent much time on this today. I've been watching Feng Zhu youtube lessons all afternoon and, well, they're awesome! He got me thinking more about the perspective and colour of my piece so I ended up just playing around with that for a while.

Will be fixing the arms/adding shadow tomorrow if I'm not too tired after work, and then pick it up again after the weekend to carry on working on the rest of it.

But here's where it's at now after mapping out some basic backdrop things, so excuse the messiness, it was just to help me get an idea of where things will go. I'll have to change the way he looks cause he doesn't blend into the background now.. Woops!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 2,528 Posts

Watch the perspective.
    All these lines should meet in one spot;
    Attachment 1177459

Thanks
    @LtPlissken: That's awesome, thanks! My friend has now told me he wants it more like the last one I did when they were in the dark cause he thinks it'll have more of an impact (I'm "working for him" as a uni project so I have to do what he wants). So will probably ditch the rest of the room. But thankyou for the tip on the perspective!

Was thinking about painting the different characters from Disney films when I was in bed last night unable to get to sleep, but making them OTT and exaggerating the ideas the animations have. So when waiting to see a tutor at uni today I doodled out an idea for beauty and the beast. Got some different ideas for his hand/arms now too.

Also tried a fresh new look for the woman on the table. I think I might prefer this one to the last. But will see what happens. And give her some hands.. Cause I seem to have forgotten those.

Thanks
    Started experimenting with some surreal photo manipulation type of work. So for the serial killers childhood home I decided to manipulate roots coming from and dominating the house. Also wanted to make it creepy cause he doesn't have pleasant memories from his childhood.

Also "finished" the table one. But will happily take any critiques for improvement!

Thanks
    The finished piece is looking good the closer angle makes it abit more personal and emotional me thinks. BUT i do like your other one more, was annoyed when kef liked the other one best, carry on with it in ya spare time ya also does mean you have new corel painter ? ?

Livestreamin'

Blog

Thanks
    Cooked up some more for uni work. This is the scene when the serial killer propositions the hitchhiker for sex and she just laughs in his face, embarrassing him, and leading him to kill her. The original was done using browny tones but when I finished I played around with the colours and I think I might like the dark one better. Seems more fitting to the story and adds a little more eeriness maybe.

What do you think? Critiques/comments welcome as always! Thanks for stopping by

EDIT: Also added an updated version of the other table one I was working on. Didn't think I'd get anything else done today but wahey for spontaneous motivation. Still needs more work but here's where it's at right now.
    Last edited by Mincx; March 4th, 2011 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks
    Still working away for uni things. Got a further development of the other table painting, and made the girl more demonic in the car. Aaaand some poster designs for the game too. As always, critiques and comments welcome

Thanks
    iya the black poster does stand out more, but maybe only make one sheep black or something to draw they eye, and to play on the meaning of a black sheep otherwise they all blend together (also they look abit like cows) hmmm

Livestreamin'

Blog

Thanks
    So I made some changes to the poster after showing them to Keflyn. He liked the red and black one but wanted me to make the red darker and make one sheep look darker than the rest so that it stood out.

I also started work on the image of the victim in the lake that Kef requested and managed to get it done quite quickly (though it turned out he wanted it from a different angle). He wanted it to show her washed up on the shore. But here's the other anyway. It still needs some things fixing as suggested by fudgeloaf but I still need to get round to doing them x|.

Also I've got the development of the new one from a different angle, similar style.

And lastly some life drawing from today, using pastels and oil pastels. I can never get the heads the right size ha.

Comments and crits welcome as always!

EDIT: Forgot I'd finished the surreal car one as well so here it is too.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast