Thanks

We can't be alone

I'm sorry, but seeing images/stories like this convinces me that we are not alone in this universe. We can't be the only ones living and breathing...anyone else believe in extraterrestrial life?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yep, I believe we're not alone. It would be rather foolish and arrogant to think we are. The valley we were raised in was full of ufo's. We saw three of them fly over the top of us, one day when we were riding up in the mountains. Clear blue sky, so we got a good look at them. They didn't look like any of the airplanes we'd ever seen on this planet that's for sure. And they didn't make any noise.
    Art gives me a life of extreme challenge, frustration, accomplishment and contentment. Nothing less will do!

Thanks
    I don't think theses life anywhere near us. But I do think that its out there.

Have you ever looked up at the night sky and ask yourself what space is? How big it is? What is it? Whats out there? It gives you the wierdest feeling that your gonna die and thats the end of it all. I actually told my mom that and she asked if I did drugs. lol

Thanks
    The one thing I never understood was if there is intelligent extraterrestrial life out there why are their spaceships so simple? Every single spaceship is either be round, oval, or flat never anything like spaceships of "Star Trek", "Star Wars", or "Farscape".

Thanks
    i think if there is life anywhere near us it would be in the water moon near jupiter.

I sure would hate to swim in that water. Who knows what kind of creatures could be swimming around in there.

Thanks
    think about it the universe is either: infinit, or finite and ever expanding or both... somehow. It would be a bit rich not think there is other life out there. or solar system seems to be completely devoid of life though. there is some... us but by no means terribly intelligent
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    imagine if there was a world like ours somewhere in another universe, and there are kids that are thinking the very same thing right now, "are there others in space?"
    and in another universe, another planet with life, with kids thining the same thing. right now.

wierd huh? doesnt it make you feel all funny inside, thinking about it? imagine all the other people in other universes, with the same amount of technology.

...imagine if one year, all the universes' "earth's" were at the same level of technology, and they all figured out how to travel space like in star treck, star wars etc, and so they all went off in search of intelligent life, and all the worlds spaceships bumped into each other somewhere, and they all realsied that there are other worlds with same-ish people and technology, and then all the universes united, and the human (or non-human) race was all across the universe, instead of just one planet, and then, if someday the sun did exploade, the people of earth could just emigrate to the other planets.

...but imagine the wars :/

ooh, imagine if one universe has just entered the stone age type times right now. and another have now entered the [enter the next age we will come to here] times

...ok, i'll stop now, it just makes my mind expload with possibilities

peace.
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    true ..
    heres a bigger version!
    http://www10.ksc.nasa.gov/mirrors/st...mats/print.jpg
    stared a few minutes at this image... insane
    (btw: 11 days exposure time )
    - Miau

<<<sketchbook >>>
    <<<gallery >>>>>>

Thanks
    I think its is probably statistically impossible for us to be the only life in the universe, and rather arrogant for us to assume as well.

Hell, this probably isn't the only universe either. Space is infinite, so that would allow for infinite universes.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Originally posted by dfacto
    Hell, this probably isn't the only universe either. Space is infinite, so that would allow for infinite universes.
    not exactly. The universe is defined by it's demensions including the fourth demension, time. If space is infinite, than our single universe would be infinite. But evidence suggests otherwise.

Basically our universe has been expanding outward since the big bang that occured 14-17 billion years ago and is still expanding. To say that it's infinte would be to say that the universe exists in an inactive but infinitely expansive and consistant state when in fact galaxies are moving further apart and have been since the beginning of time. I'm not saying that there's an edge to the universe considering that's not the nature of demensionality but as you get further away from the universe's centrality, you'll find less star activity as things start to freeze and burn themselves out.

Steven Hawking used the metaphor of a balloon with dots drawn on the outside. as you blow it up, the spaces between dots grow and the dots become more isolated. The same happens with stars and galaxies and eventually they'll simply move so far away from eachother and run out of fuel and extinguish themselves.

Some astronomers formerly to believed that the universe, after having expanded to a certain point, will simply snap back on itself in an even they called the big crunch and the hole thing would start over again. It's rare to find astronomers and cosmologists that believe this now however as it contradicts the laws of momentum. Basically it's a contention between proofs on momentum against theories of an "elastic" universal nature.

...Oh, and aliens kick ass.

Thanks
    I know that Exo, but on this subject it really does depend on who you ask. Some say yes, more universes, others say no, one. And of course nobody knows who's right so far. But I think it would be much cooler to have multiple universes rather than just our boring little one.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.