Painter X issues

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painter X issues

I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me out with some problems I'm having with painter X.

Here's my first question: It seems like I used to be able to use a cover pencil to go over darker areas. For instance, if I wanted to lighten an area, I could just go over it with the cover pencil set to a light color. I used to use it all the time for highlights. Anyway, lately my cover pencil doesn't do that. It actually seems to erase whatever is on the layer that I'm working on, regardless of what color or shade I have it set on.

My second question has to do with new layers. Every time I start a new layer, it seems to automatically come in as a gel. I don't think it used to do that. Did I change a setting or something?

I'm sure this is really simple stuff so please excuse my ignorance. Any help you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK so I feel pretty dumb. I was able to reset the default variable for my cover pencil and TA DA! Still trying to figure out what's up with the Gel.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some of the methods like digital wet will turn a layer to gel automatically. When they are drawn on the canvas they are also being put on a gel layer that isn't selectable. Something like that anyway.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All Digital Watercolor variants, by default, use Method: Digital Wet and automatically change a New Layer to Composite Method Gel to make the paint transparent and to hide the white edges that appear around the brush stroke if the Layer is changed back to Composite Method Default.

The "Gel Layer that isn't selectable" is actually called the Invisible Wet Layer. Only when it remains wet will you be able to edit the existing Digital Watercolor strokes using other Digital Watercolor variants (to erase, to blend, etc). Once the Digital Watercolor is dried by the user, new paint applied to the Layer may darken underlying color.

The solution is to allow the invisible Wet Layer to remain wet until you're the entire painting is finished.

Jinny

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.