Results 1 to 1 of 1
September 24th, 2010 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2010
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ArenaNet University Artist Internship Program 2010
ArenaNet is currently seeking talented, highly-motivated character artists who are interested in developing a career in the games industry for ArenaNet University, a one-year paid internship program at the company’s studio in Bellevue, WA.
At ArenaNet, we’re serious about art. We’ve built an art-centric studio culture where the artist plays a vital role in game creation and presentation, and our art team is full of award-winning talent from all over the world. We created ArenaNet University to help develop young artists, providing them with the skills they need to be successful in the game industry. We’re looking to cultivate artists who have the raw talent, but lack one thing: work experience.
It’s our experience that artists learn more in the first few months of a game industry job than in their entire time at art school. With ArenaNet University we’ve created an immersive work-based educational program where intern artists work alongside professionals to develop real skills that are relevant and sought after in the game and entertainment industry. This isn’t a standard studio internship, where you’ll be expected to make copies or perform menial tasks for studio artists. You can’t develop your skills if you’re doing “grunt work” for a year, so expect to be challenged artistically and provided with opportunities to contribute to the success of the studio in a substantive way.
• Small cohort. Work and learn with a small group of motivated intern artists.
• Professional environment. Hone your skills at the ArenaNet studio working side-by-side with top game industry artists in a dedicated work space.
• Meaningful work. You’ll work on a variety of important art assignments that contribute to the success of the company, not “grunt” work.
• Broad training, relevant skills. You’ll receive training in a broad variety of skills rather than specializing on creating specific content. We want our interns to emerge from the program as stronger all-around artists, not as experts in creating eyeballs or helmets.
• Hourly stipend. You will receive a $14 per hour stipend and will work in the ArenaNet studio Monday through Friday for the duration of the year-long program.
• Pacific Northwest location. Enrollees in the ArenaNet University program will be expected to relocate to the Bellevue, WA area at their own expense. Bellevue is in the beautiful greater Seattle area, which offers a wide range of cultural and natural activities.
• Guest lecture program. ArenaNet University often hosts fascinating guest speakers from the game and entertainment industry.
ArenaNet University is not an internship-to-hire program. We’re not guaranteeing jobs to any intern in the program, but you will emerge from the program with an arsenal of professional skills, an incredible portfolio, and an invaluable experience under your belt.
How to Apply
Choose one of the concepts provided. From this concept, create a high resolution mesh using a package such as ZBrush. Then convert the high resolution mesh to a 5000 poly low resolution mesh using a 1024 diffuse, specular, and normal map (3 maps total). Your test should demonstrate an understanding of modeling in high and low resolution, diversity in the appearance of texture using a single material, a rich use of color, and have a hand-painted look in the end.
You are welcome to post your work, but MUST email your final renders to Sonia@arena.net along with a breakdown of your texture sheets. The entry deadline is October 12th 2010, 11:59pm PST.
No follow-up phone calls, please. Attention to detail is a key requirement for this position, so if you’re unable to follow these instructions specifically, you will not be considered for the program. Good luck!
By kavithu in forum ART SCHOOLS & ART EDUCATIONReplies: 0Last Post: September 24th, 2010, 04:18 PM
By OldJake666 in forum ART SCHOOLS & ART EDUCATIONReplies: 2Last Post: March 10th, 2010, 08:30 PM
By trop in forum ART SCHOOLS & ART EDUCATIONReplies: 2Last Post: October 9th, 2008, 01:15 PM
By soo in forum ART SCHOOLS & ART EDUCATIONReplies: 1Last Post: April 17th, 2005, 03:21 AM
There are no members to list at the moment.