Art: "Lars: Issue 1/2" Comic Cover
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: "Lars: Issue 1/2" Comic Cover

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"Lars: Issue 1/2" Comic Cover

Alright, here's the first (semi-official) cover to a comic I'm making. "Lars" is the characters name, haven't thought of a better title yet. Might just leave it at "Lars". Anyways, why #1/2? Well I've never made a full comic before, so this one is going to be a little test. I will be making a 5-10 series comic. I'm thinking of #1/2 as more of a rough draft of the first issue.
    Anyways, here's the cover:

The better versions will probably be on good paper, and in the correct format n shit.
    Also, does anybody have any links or books that I can learn about pacing the comic, camera angles, etc? Thanks a lot, and thanks for looking. Peace.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Check out:

Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics. It is, IMO, THE textbook on comics. I can say no more. His follow up book, Reinventing Comics is an interesting treatise on the future of comics, and is more theory than practice.

Will Eisner's Sequential Art is also an amzing book from the master himself. Honestly it's not very well written and a little self congratulatory. But his samples of his own work provide good examples of how to play with the conventions of the form.

How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way is an okay book, but it has a good section on the importance of choosing dramatic camera angles.

Also, check out Jim Mahfood's comics. 40 Oz Collected is a good place to start. Your style makes me think of his.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One more thing. I like the cover. I want to know why he's flying, or jumping, or whatever it is. I need to pick that comic up.

But maybe put some higher contrast in the "Issue 1/2", it doesn't stand out as much.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.