Four legged creature WIP
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Four legged creature WIP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Four legged creature WIP

Here's a wip I've been trying to get done for quite some time. I'm finally starting to paint/draw on a regular basis, so let me know what you think so far before I start getting into the detail. I've had a ton of trouble getting the legs right, so definitely let me know what you think of those.

Thanks for the help!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    for the legs, i recommend you get a reference of some dog legs or something, bones probably. that'll help you get the proportions right.

i think you have some very hard colors compared to the rest of his body, notably around the mouth area. it also looks a little flat overall... like the teeth are all just one shade.

if youre beginning to paint (did you say you were? i think thats what you meant ><), i recommend you start the picture in black and white, then do some layers later to put color on with an adjustment. it'll help later when you want to kill yourself because you want to change your colors.

then again, im not a pro or anything, just speaking from my limited experience.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It looks rather like a cat so ive posted one to compare. Important things to notice are how thin the lower part of the front legs are plus the uper part of the leg blends in more with the body (this may be due to fur) also what apears to be a flap of skin that is connected between the upper back leg and the stomach. The lower part of the back leg looks too small on yours and another thing the rear of your animal looks far to small in most four legged animals like cats the rear legs are very powerfull things that are used to propel the animal forward at great speeds while the front legs are there to stop it from falling flat on its face and catch things

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    smudge over

Attached Images Attached Images  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.