Computer died over the weekend - new screen and artwork
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Computer died over the weekend - new screen and artwork

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Computer died over the weekend - new screen and artwork

Ok, so I was trying to upgrade my RAM this weekend. Bought the RAM, installed it and could only get beeping when I tried to reboot the computer. Took out the new RAM, put the old back in and still beeped. Took it to local computer store and they said it was the mother board and oh yeah.. the harddrive was getting ready to go bad as well. Since it's an older Pent 4 (about 3 years old now) and more ram, hard-drive, and a new board was going to be more of an investment than I cared to make, I got a new puter.

Sony VAIO, Pent 4, 3.2 GHrz processor, 1 Gig RAM, 100 Gig Hard Drive. I got a flat Panel LCD monitor. It was just a couple hundred more than a good CRT and it looked very crisp. So, took it home, loaded up my paint programs and looked at a couple of pieces of my work. They look quite a bit darker on this monitor than my old one, or the one I use at work.

So, i have a couple of questions... should I adjust the brightness on the LCD up, or just assume that my old monitor (I think the one here at work is about 3 years old too) is just a little too bright? Anyone have experience with this? Is there anyway I can tell which one is more accurate?

Why am I in this handbasket, and where am I going?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think pretty much the only way to check that is by printing some images out and comaring them to how they look onscreen. however, you should definitely calibrate your new LCD correctly. google "monitor calibration" and you should find a couple of websites with info about it.

...so what if i'm bored, and ordinary?...

currently playing: Super Mario 64 DS, ICO (grrrr....)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, thanks for the advice.

Why am I in this handbasket, and where am I going?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.