Sketchbook: Silly Sketchbook Shenanigans

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Silly Sketchbook Shenanigans

I finally opened myself a skethbook, huzah!
    I'm not really used to traditional art, but I'm practicing whenever I can, but with school that time is minimal. Also, I am right now focusing on drawing people. I'm not even trying to make a certain style out of them, I just want to learn how to draw expressions in general. Those things are so complicated to draw agdjasag
    I hope I will be able to post every time I fill out a page.I also hope you'll recognize something from these sketches, I should learn how to make less lines when scribbling ideas XP

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by tehLuna; February 17th, 2011 at 05:43 PM.
    Why yes, I do have a sketchbook, a Tumblr account and a page on DeviantArt.
    I also happen to be a high school student who dreams of working as an illustrator or a concept artist, so any kind of critique is welcome!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally got myself a scanner! Now I hope I'll post more things, especially from my sketchbook.

Last edited by tehLuna; January 19th, 2011 at 04:33 PM.
    I also happen to be a high school student who dreams of working as an illustrator or a concept artist, so any kind of critique is welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm currently working on a slightly bigger picture of a jedi werewolf (theme challenge from some group) You can see its base sketch above. ^^
    I don't know if I should be posting WIPs, as I'm not directly looking for critiques, and I guess this is a topic where I should just throw in all my pictures together.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the Jedi werewolf!

Everything is better with dinosaurs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you! :3
    I haven't really filled my sketchbook these last days. School has suddenly fallen off the sky and started puking out all kinds of tests and exams. But at least I had some little time to render my jedi werewolf a bit. Any kind of critique is welcome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will try to be honest. This board is cool because everybody is motivating each other, but I am truly missing some asskicking guys in here.
    When I started to draw, my lines were sketchy and rushed, but in a bad way. You could see, that I had a big lack of skill to make a solid sketch.
    So, because it is a tattooboard they told me to be careful with my lines and that I school myself in patience, thats important. I do not know why, but some of them do really hate digital painting because it can't teach you the foundations of a simple clean pencil drawing, which the most of them would use as a tattoo flash. You should handle it the same way. Stay away from the colors and the digital stuff. Force a pencil to be your best friend. And then draw from life. Not all the time. Also do some stuff from your imagination, but only in pencil. Patience is the key http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcRCjqQoJmw

My sketchbook - take a look how my brain works http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203795

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Acki- thanks for the help! I totally understand what you mean by patience- I really lack it when it comes to sketching and drawing.
    Finally 'finished' the jedi werewolf Though I don't like it that much, it looks way to much earthy for something fierce and such. I'll maybe redo it later.
    Also, I just realized I haven't sketched anything for around 20 days, which means I already broke my new year's resolution. I am gonna make it up with catching up with the lost days now that I have a little bit more time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Easter break, yay!
    I have been a little bit more productive when it came to sketching (though I still need to catch up with the dates) In the meantime I went to my friend's village which is next to a national park. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to draw much since I was already exhausted from walking, but I still managed to do some life drawing.
    I also decided to experiment a lot during this easter break, which means that there will be a lot of crappy art rather than something that is fully rendered. All with a goal to make less 'stiff' drawings.
    The woman with a tiger drawing is a picture for a contest on DeviantArt. It didn't even make it to the semifinals, but was still very fun to make.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work! You've got some really cool, imaginative stuff here. The wolf looking creature in your last post (14/04 15/03) really caught my eye. But you need to set aside a lot of time to study the human figure and anatomy. It's clear that you're trying hard, but you just don't know the human body well enough to imagine up an accurate example of it. You need to build an accurate foundation of construction, perspective, anatomy, and all that rather boring stuff in your drawing before you can.The best course of action would be to study up on some figure drawing books and start attending some life drawing classes if you can. Andrew Loomis' "Figure Drawing for all it's Worth" would be a great start, it's available as a pdf online and it's way out of print so that's completely legal. Work out how to draw with a pencil, then come back to painting and digital work. And make sure you don't lose your creative flare while you;re studying all that technical stuff! Happy drawing!

sketchbook blog tumblr

The key to getting better at anything is to do it a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Vertical- Thank you! I should definitely study more of human anatomy. I downloaded the book you've recommended and it is seriously great! The tips are simple but still very useful! And I've also looked at the links you've gave in your signature, the websites are also great for practicing! I can not thank you enough for this
    I am also attending some art classes, I have started at october last year, and so far it has been great! I haven't uploaded pictures since now because the pictures are too big for the scanner, but I hope your eyes wouldn't bleed that MUCH.
    The pictures are pretty messy, but I must say that I'm happy with how the ram skull turned out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another update! Tried drawing cars again, had a little bit fun. I've been also practicing drawing some figures, but I am still not that great at it, so I hope your eyes won't bleed that much
    Oh yes, and Pokemon. ;D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haven't updated for a long, long time. I discovered a nifty thing called Tumblr, so I put all my crappy art there Since I have broken so many promises during the school year, I decided to make it up this summer by drawing and drawing. Especially since I will get out of high school in a year and a half and if I want to go to that freaking art school I need to actually practice
    A little bit of colour study with gouache, watercolour and such (I have even more still life practices, but I screwed them up)
    Silly Sketchbook ShenanigansSilly Sketchbook ShenanigansSilly Sketchbook Shenanigans
    Silly Sketchbook ShenanigansSilly Sketchbook Shenanigans
    Found some old photos from the zoo. The photos themselves are crappy, but are great for referencing.
    Silly Sketchbook ShenanigansSilly Sketchbook Shenanigans
    (from Google and gesture drawing tools)
    Silly Sketchbook Shenanigans

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.