P.O.W.! Challenge 43--The Crew...

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,582 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Alright! We're back... My deepest apologies for the long delay in getting things moving, but now that we're up and running again, I will expect no less than the best you grubby little bastards can muster. If you're new, jump in and embarrass yourself--Hell!, everybody else does... If you've been here before, you know how it works, and I expect genius-level from YOU all the time...just becawz I'm a prick... Let's do this...

There are two Challenges still to post to poll, which should be up this week. My apologies to those who participated in Challenge 41 and 42, and have been more than patient with me--you have all achieved sainthood in the religion of your choice...

P.O.W.! Challenge 43
    Deadline: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 11:59 pm anywhere in the world.

Topic: The Crew...

This topic was suggested by resident fanatic and fellow supporter of free 120 proof anything for anyone over the age of 43, j.s. sabastian, and I think it has a lot of possibilities...

Check out the meanings that the word "crew" has before you start, because this one can bounce all the way from nautical to space to grand larceny to Daytona to Rock-and-Roll. Your choice, your interpretation, your comic--just make sure it oozes CREWness...

You can interpret the art any way you wish, and the more creatively, the better. Any media. B&W or Color. We're also going to stick with the (almost) three-week Challenge period for a while because it seems to be giving people a bit more time to play.

You can present your solution as a minimum of TWO to a TENTATIVE maximum of SIX pages which adhere to standard comic specs as below...and, yes, you can have the first or last (or both) as a splash page if you want. You can go to additional pages without asking if you have a decent idea that requires it--just don't get too extreme on page counts.

REMEMBER: You don't have to have a complete comic to qualify for polling--if you're idea requires six pages or so, go for it, but if you realize you're running out of time, try to get at least TWO finished by the deadline. That's all you need to qualify.

Standard Comic Book Size:

--Trim size: 6 5/8" x 10 1/4"
    --Live art area: 6" x 9"
    --Bleed size before trimming: 6 7/8" x 10 1/2" (1/8" in all directions)

This thread will be the place you ask questions on this challenge, trash talk, post WIPs and post your final art. See the READ THIS FIRST thread for all specs.

Good luck.

Again, this one is three weeks rather than the usual two weeks to see if it will allow more participation or just cause a lot more procrastination.

P.O.W.! Challenge 44 will be posted on Sunday Midnight, October 3, 2010. (Challenge 44 will be a special Halloween whoop-de-doo, so get your spooky ref together...)

A little note here for all of you who have supported the P.O.W.! Challenges...thankyewthankyewthankyew...

Just a reminder--those of you who didn't get a chance to finish exactly the way you wanted to, or ran into deadline problems, remember there is a sticky section where you can post your stuff when you do get it up to speed.

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    one word..........awsomeness

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

... then you will know what nitro means. You'll draw like there's no tomorrow!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arttorney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Ilaekae just in time! going on holiday next week so will have plenty spare time, like the topic too

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've actually got a bit of an idea for this - I'd love to participate. I just hope I can cram it into my exam phase somehow... (And live up to the idea with my art, it involves much perspective the way I imagine it...)

Anyhoo, I'll try!

Check these out too:
    Rotor - GoGoJoJo

"Limited drawing skills are OK if they are offset by a fearless commitment to putting images on paper."

"I mean, What is a chair? It's an anti-gravity device." Glen Keane

"The difficult part is continuously realizing when you've stopped enjoying the process, and re-aligning yourself. It's kind of like meditation/being an art ninja..." ceddo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kjesta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great topic , I will partake.

Sketchbook

Insert very insightful quotes here ...
    - get back to work!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to strings For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so ya i am working on this......sort of ya.....hopefully i'll finish becuase that would be nice and no they are not vamp children there ghouls...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j.s. sabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really wanted to do a line drawing version of this but realize speed pianting would be faster to finish the art.....danm i ya i lost a week becuase i started a new job wich is graveyard so i wasn't doing anyting but trying to adjust my whole sleeping pattern.......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...AND the Mighty Sea Biscuit is first in...and he has a new job as well (congratulations)...so I'm expecting that we will have a really great showdown when the rest of you highly trained great apes get off your butts...SIX MORE DAYS!

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, it's back and I didn't notice. A bit too late this week - next two days will be taken up by participation in 24 hour comics day. Sorry to see so little activity here, but maybe it'll pick back up once people realize it's rolling again.

I'll be participating soon!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wasn't sure I'd get this done, but I've been sick so had some quality time with my pc

J S Sebastian Like where your story is going, the first panel is nice and creepy

Here's my rushed offering, was inspired by 'speak like a pirate' day.

Attached Images Attached Images      

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If anyone has any thing else to submit, you have til I start getting this one together tomorrow morning around 10 am my time. I'll post the Next Challenge then, too...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first off i want to apologieze for not finishing i got major ill three days before deadline still sick. will finish in that other thread......got some time this week......sorry mad love and nyqiul to all...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to j.s. sabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't sweat it... I'm a day behind with everything, too. Had to rush to the hospital for a false alarm with my brother... Posts up Tuesday sometime.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilaekae For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.