Help me name this comic, yea?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Help me name this comic, yea?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Help me name this comic, yea?

Ive been working on this comic and im already like 13 pages into it but i still havent thought of the right name for it. To help me think of a name for it id probably have to share some details about the story and show the style and give you a little taste of it! So lets get to that! (everyone/anyone can pitch a title or just list some words that come to mind when you see the story/art)

Main Characters ->

-Blah: Blah the clown is whom the story surrounds for the most part. He finds himself in hell, with a demon trying to figure out the best way to torture/discipline him. Blah has a vary 'blah' attitude and is vary unfazed or annoyed by most things.

-Deetox: This is the demon responsible for Blah the clown's certain doom and suffering. Hes assigned to torture Blah but has trouble coming up with a proper punishment for such a unfazeable character such as Blah.

-Unnamed: This character still hasnt been named yet but she/he is indeed one of the 3 main characters. Its a transsexual midget demon with a vary offensive and 'out there' attitude. Almost all of her dialect includes curse words.

SETTING: The setting of this comic is a vary futuristic hell. The idea was that hell was always getting more and more advanced but since a human hasnt been to hell and back to earth for so long, mankind was unaware of the advancements Hell has made in its society and culture. For example, the demons dont just torture people and thats it. They live lives of their own and seek pleasure and control, and most demons wish to some day become the Devil (the main demon in charge of hell).

-
    So i hope thats enough information to inspire some words!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Ive never been this stuck on a title before. Like i said before, just giving me a list of words that came to mind when you heard the story would do a great deal of help! Thanks in advanced!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

OmenSpirits is offline Commercial-Illustrator in-training, NOT an artist. Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 680 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hellopolis?

Pompus tour guide voice:

Welcome to Hellopolis, where ALL (and I DO mean ALL) of your wonderfully DREADFUL dreams and tortures come true!

On this tour, we'll introduce you to one of our Fabulous toture daemons, Deetox!

*whispers* (If you're lucky, you'll get him as your daemon *squeel* he'll give you *heh heh* a HELL of a lifetime!)

Last edited by OmenSpirits; September 11th, 2010 at 12:19 AM.
    "Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

kev ferrara is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,150 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Love this idea and the characters.

I think you should name your transsexual demon "Meff" as in Mephistopheles, but also as in Meh+F as in FU

The name for the whole shebang... hmmm...

I don't know the plot is, so its kinda hard, but...

Some Chance in Hell

Been Through Hell

A Clown in Hell

Clown Hell 2040

At least Icarus tried!

My Process: Dead Rider Graphic Novel (Dark Horse Comics) plus oil paintings, pencils and other goodies:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=101106

My "Smilechild" Music. Plus a medley of Commercial Music Cues and a Folksy Jingle!:
    http://www.myspace.com/kevferrara

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How about "The trouble with Blah" ?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.