Moods and Emotions: A Live Streaming Class with RANDIS & JManley 09-18-10 Art Inside

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,205 Times in 2,748 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Moods and Emotions: A Live Streaming Class with RANDIS & JManley 09-18-10 Art Inside

Hi Everyone,

I will be teaching a class for you titled "Moods and Emotion" and will be covering the important topic of creating any mood through art by using the human figure, gesture, body language, value, color, shape, and abstraction.. Join us for this live streaming class and you may have the opportunity to ask questions, and even get feedback on one of your artworks as it pertains to mood and emotion if you attend Live (or post your piece for feedback prior to class starting I will share feedback so you can get it on demand).

Moods and Emotion:
    A Live Streaming Class on ConceptArt.Org through TAD that you may also attend On Demand.
    Instructor: Jason Manley and RANDIS
    When? - Saturday September 18th Live...and anytime after On Demand.
    Why? - Because being able to communicate a spectrum of purposeful moods and emotions are of the most important skills you need to master.
    Any other reason why? - Yep. You surely have a work of art that you would like some very good feedback on. We will post an thread link to upload your image to shortly.
    What time? 11AM til 3PM Central Daylight Time (Austin TX time!) Live from the TAD Austin POD.
    How? Click the link below to purchase this class:

http://www.conceptartstore.com/moodandemotion.html

Where? Right there on your computer. You can even watch on wifi!
    How much? 45 bucks for four hours of class time and feedback. It is going to be a good one. Be ready! You can begin looking at art for mood on your own prior to class too!

Art and Photography by Randis.

http://hd-fortress.clubcooee.com/Gal...=46&fullsize=1

http://hd-fortress.clubcooee.com/Gal...=56&fullsize=1

http://hd-fortress.clubcooee.com/Gal...185&fullsize=1

http://hd-fortress.clubcooee.com/Gal...238&fullsize=1

http://hd-fortress.clubcooee.com/Gal...251&fullsize=1

Thank you to everyone who has been supporting the CA streaming and downloads classes. We work hard to make sure that CA continues to offer the best possible art information for you and the whole community here.

Best,

Jason Manley
    Founder
    ConceptArt.Org
    Massive Black Inc.
    TAD

Last edited by Jason Manley; September 14th, 2010 at 05:09 PM.
    LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    can't get it now, but i will definitely check it out later on down the line!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Gee, Jason, I'm all excited for your lecture and I'm sure it's going to be great BUT DID YOU HEAR THE U.S. BEAT TURKEY!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Serpian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CesarNostradamus if you have seen any conceptart.org dvd or streaming class you know would its worth all the money you spend THIS website is created of goodness to help and its free so many discounts were made that they were practicaly almost FREE.
    Nothing is free in this world mate

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vladimir Gasai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Cesar, ca.org does these things not for profit, but to finance the site so that you can post on it. You don't have to pay for anything.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serpian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to you all.

This is going to be a great class. I just announced that Randis is going to be joining us. Take a look at his links in the thread above to see some cool stuff!!!

Jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops are on sale- Join now and get 25% off!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,056 Times in 945 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I am sure this will be fun!
    Hope to see you guys in the class!

cheers

Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, this makes me realize the lack of conventionally moody/emotive art in my portfolio... I guess it's one of my weaker areas, though I've never really had as much of an interest in expressing powerful emotion. Some may come out unintentionally, but when I make an image, I never sit down and decide that one of my primary goals is to really MOVE people...

Maybe it's the association I unintentionally make between "moody/emotional" and "dark/emo". I simply don't feel compelled to make "dark" art because it's just not who I am. I mean, I know that emotion is MUCH more varied than anger and sadness, but it seems that these are by far most associated with "expressive" art. I'd love to learn about how to best portray something like excitement, wonder, or joy.

Well, I suppose answering questions like that is what the class is for! (Thanks for offering it, and thanks RANDIS for joining!) If anything, hopefully it'll inspire me to pump some more emotion into my stuff...

(By the way, is "ME.gif" supposed to open? Because supposedly it can't be parsed or something.)

Last edited by Zirngibism; September 14th, 2010 at 09:59 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zirngibism For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right click the ME file and "open with" Word - it's an RTF file, not sure why it says GIF!

There's a link but no password though.

Sketchbook: Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=168870

Sketchbook support group lite:
    Kyurai: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=152742
    If you would like to join us send one of us a PM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Moods and emotions cover a very wide spectrum of information, it is a very important topic and there are many important key factors. It is extremely useful and essential for storyboards, marketing, concept art, illustration work, comics, art direction and many other fields.
    It does not have to be about dark moody images, it is a key to move and touch the viewer, the key for successful storytelling and marketing, it affects everything, from colors to gestic, mimic and poses. It could be as simple as creating a pleasant sticker or as complex as creating a powerful emotion that could deeply move or disturb the viewer.

- - - - - - - - - -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As mentioned above this does not have to be about moving people with sad paintings or expression deep emotion. The area of application for this subject is extremely wide.
    You can very much apply it all to the game, comic or film industry. Doing marketing illustrations, cover artworks or conceptual work it is very important to attract a certain audience, to express as much information about the product as possible in a single image.
    Needles to mention the storyboards, comics, book covers!
    It is about giving your work a soul, story, meaning and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirngibism View Post
    Wow, this makes me realize the lack of conventionally moody/emotive art in my portfolio... I guess it's one of my weaker areas, though I've never really had as much of an interest in expressing powerful emotion. Some may come out unintentionally, but when I make an image, I never sit down and decide that one of my primary goals is to really MOVE people...

Maybe it's the association I unintentionally make between "moody/emotional" and "dark/emo". I simply don't feel compelled to make "dark" art because it's just not who I am. I mean, I know that emotion is MUCH more varied than anger and sadness, but it seems that these are by far most associated with "expressive" art. I'd love to learn about how to best portray something like excitement, wonder, or joy.

Well, I suppose answering questions like that is what the class is for! (Thanks for offering it, and thanks RANDIS for joining!) If anything, hopefully it'll inspire me to pump some more emotion into my stuff...

(By the way, is "ME.gif" supposed to open? Because supposedly it can't be parsed or something.)

- - - - - - - - - -

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Randis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmmm... thinking about this! Would definitely like to get a piece critiqued. Is there maybe a list of things we will specifically cover (expression, posing, lighting, etc.)?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I loved the composition and color theory with manley, learned a lot from those. =)
    Really tempted getting this one as well

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i am sure you would enjoy this one just s much

- - - - - - - - - -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool cool
    just hope my internet is up for it, see ya tomorrow ppl

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Jason for the free Ondemand workshop. Good stuff, You guys strike a cord on this old artists heart strings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not to be disrespectful to Randis (he's awesome) but.. man. I'm starting to agree with the people that don't like this advertisement & money making thing. Can't you guys make anything for free just to keep up that spirit up?

I'm sure the stream will be awesome and Randis is a great artist. But I wouldn't pay 45 for it. There's industry professionals that do these things for free on their freetime just because it's a nice and fun thing to do.

I understand that a 4 hour seminar is a big cut out of you guys schedule, but couldn't you guys do a one hour thing sometime just for the sake of it.

If not, just by lowering the price a bit would attract more people and surely be as equal to the final income anyway.

Again, not to be disrespectful. I haven't said anything about this until now and I felt like voicing my opinion for once.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First, I really want to thank the students who have signed up for the live and on demand presentation. We have some nice stuff to go over and will do our very best to answer all your questions. Your support means a lot. Really. Thank you.

Loathed: You will not find this class anywhere else or find this opportunity for free anywhere online. You can go watch all the youtube videos you like, you won't see your work reviewed or your questions answered in this way either. Perspectives sure do get out of whack sometimes. To those who have been griping on ventrilo or wherever else you have been "hearing" such things, I can only hope that you are giving and helping every single day for free, because those you are bothered by are. Every day. Randis does more free tutorials than anyone I know. He also has artist resources on facebook and helps teach others all the time. This information is not out there for free and had to be put together for you too. Randis is doing this in support of CA and to help the community support itself. The artists who do these need to be compensated too. They should be. They earned it. You pay more than that for frivolous things each month I imagine.

We did a free one before and had a bunch of great instructors. You can watch that anytime you like. We also have a lot of art contests that give away free downloads and the streaming classes. There are millions of threads here that are free to browse, thousands of thread tutorials and a whole ton of resources that are no cost to you. 45 bucks is nothing for what people get out of these classes. If I was a student and someone said I could catch a class from Randis and get my work reviewed by him for 45 bucks I would cut the drinks and fun out of one of my weekends and do it.

The purpose of these videos is to raise funds to pay for this very expensive "free" site you and everyone else gains so much from. CA and TAD work to see more scholarships given away than any other art school or art portal. We have a FREE high school www.visualliteracyprogram.com community, video, tutorial and educational system that is available to all high schools anywhere. It takes about a dozen servers plus every day support by a team of people to keep this site open and available for use. We do what we can. We always have. We are not greedy or materialist types. Randis has a bunch of free tutorials up on his youtube channel. There is plenty of free content for you and if you wish to see CA stay free and online then supporting the streaming classes is a great way to do it.

Considering that just ten years ago this kind of information could not be had anywhere but partially in the art schools or if you were lucky a once a year art seminar or as an artist assistant somewhere, and even then not all of the information was in one place. I had to take out six figures in loans to pay for my art education and now I share that with you for as low as we can go in order to see CA stay online as a free resource.

You do realize that just a handful of years ago we were no different we were just everyday art students. At a certain point though the scale of this site outgrew my ability to self fund it. Something had to be done and it was. These classes were the solution that kept this site online. If you want to do some free tutorials though, by all means. Go for it.

Not to mention that TAD pays a very hefty price for all the tech too...Doing this stuff is not free. It has costs. Not only that but, no offense to you or anything Loathed, but your attitude is discouraging. Gimme gimme gimme is not what this site is about. It has never been about gimme gimme gimme. We have given so much though that now some people seem to think that everything should be given. I wish it could. I would. Something has to pay the bills around here and I'd rather promote the stellar artists like Randis or Sterling Hundley or..or...and create educational material not found anywhere else than have this place covered in banners for stuff that is from outside of the community.

Anyway, thanks for the understanding ahead of time. I appreciate it greatly.

JM

Last edited by Jason Manley; September 18th, 2010 at 08:52 AM.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Check your email - new link

Sketchbook: Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=168870

Sketchbook support group lite:
    Kyurai: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=152742
    If you would like to join us send one of us a PM

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Loathsome: That's just not the way the world works. The people who make their vids for free are awesome, but that doesn't mean you can expect everyone to just start giving you free handouts.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Barker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is a free video advertised every single day atop the forums in the tad forums. There are about a dozen free tutorials on the www.theartdepartment.org website including in the press kit. We do our part. We have sent newsletters about all of them too! We have to pay for this site too though.

Bobby has great promo vids and such but they are not five hours of class on a very very specific topic, with feedback related to that class...today was a full day for the price of taking a date to dinner and a movie. Neither of those esteemed gents mentioned teach for free what we covered today.

CA is free every day. If you ever want to come work at CA for free for a few days, ya know...just to work for free sometime, that would be great.

Seriously though, there are plenty of free resources here. These pay services are great and they are what KEEPS it free. Ya follow?

Great class today everyone. That was a lot of fun and seeing all the work made for a very worthy Saturday.

Last edited by Jason Manley; September 18th, 2010 at 10:22 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyway that is all discussion for another thread. Thanks for picking up the vids in the past too. And thanks liffey.

j

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I respect that but I don't see why you should delete my second comment explaining everything. Not only that, I shared some good sites to people that I'm sure they would appreciate..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I find it embarrassing that Jason has to go to great lengths to explain why these streaming classes cost money.

Bear this in mind: There's no free lunch and we are all guests on this board. It's really not very classy to accuse Jason and all the others that they only want to make money or that the classes are too expensive when they are very cheap regarding the content.

First:
    I've been to art school, but I am always interested to learn more and I appreciate the time and effort that the people at conceptart.org put into their Downloads and Streaming Classes. The price you pay for these is not very high and I can assure you that they are quailty products. I'm not a noob artwise, but I learned a lot of new things watching them. And especially the composition and color theory classes from Jason (not to forget the artbiz stream and all the others) are a great compendium of the general theories behind art. Why not pay for something that is worth something? It sounds as if he should apologize for that, but why?

Second:
    Nobody forces you to buy them. You can live on conceptart.org happily forever without buying anything. But bear in mind that nevertheless somebody has to pay the server bills. It is obviously not you, because than you wouldn't complain.

Third:
    What's so bad when somebody gets a little bit of money? These people have to live too and I can aussure you they won't become millionaires off of these Videos or Streams so what's the point in complaining anyway? It's difficult enough to survive as an artist and freelancer.

I've bought several downloads and streaming classes and I got a lot out of them and I know this knowledge will bring me more money than I paid for these. I don't think this is a bad deal. And I certainly would give an arm and a leg, not only money, to be able to watch Greg Manchess, Brad Rigney/Cryptcrawler, Dan Dos Santos and all the others create masterpieces right in front of my eyes.

Stop complaining, save some money, buy the streams you need and learn. There's nothing to complain about, really.

Last edited by Sascha Thau; September 21st, 2010 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 771 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, I watched the on demand class. Thanks for all the great info. At 45 bucks it's a steal, as always.

@Loathsome: Go to Schoolism.com and take a Bobby Chiu digital painting class. You'll get full critiques in 8 1hr lessons + assigments but it'll set you back some 900 dollars. That's a lot steeper than 4 hrs for 45 bucks and critiques just so you know.

Tuner people, not Turner.

A mind that wanders so much, it brings back souvenirs.

Sketchbook -- Blog -- New Music --
    Traditional Paintings --
    The Drawing Dutchmen --
    Book Of Thumbs --

New Website!!!!!!!
    --

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Or you go to wip-podcast done by onevox (check his DA for that stuff) who is also a professional artist, and get over an hour long stream with free feedback. He does them every now and then.

I posted that earlier but it was deleted from this thread.

I have no problem with the streams costing money, I also mentioned this and explained further about my comment - in my second comment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Moods and Emotions:

The mood is that feeling everyone gets when they see you 7 days and nights putting up a good fight and they are scared. Emotion is when you have been up for seven days and can't go down. Thank you for sketching me out bioches.

My mod is to ask for help getting home now, I have romed long enough. Come and get me? I will be around the ninth circle or 100 yards down. Please get me. I will be up for another 3 if someone doesn't care for me.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.