-= The 8Bit Character Redesign Challenge! =-
NOT SURE ABOUT THE GUIDELINES? CLICK HERE!
ROUND #213:: 8bit Character Redesign Challenge!
8bit Character Redesign
We are going to try something different this week: an assignment brief for a fictional game company!
A very cool and amazing game company has decided to make a sequel of a very old franchise, dating back to the 80’s. They need complete new redesigns for the 8bit characters to make them ready and fitting for the new generation of consoles and graphic power! And they hire YOU to make these redesigns.
They selected ten 8bit characters that need a cool redesign.
Please choose one or more of these and make an awesome new version!
Cantaurman – Megaman 6
Firebrand – Gargoyles Quest
Barry – Resident Evil Gaiden
Black Mage – Final Fantasy
Gorgon – Castlevania 3
Splash Woman – Megaman 9
Yama – Digital Devil Story
Cellica – Fire Emblem Gaiden
(thanks to sprites-resource.com for these images)
Keep in mind the following:
- Be creative, since new technology gives character designs almost no boundaries!
- BUT the character must be recognizable as the original 8bit one. (think of similar colors, shapes etc)
- Try to create your own original design, not simply something you saw on the internet. This is a real challenge for concept artists, so go for it!
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY:
1: You must submit ONE full sized image.
2: Make sure your name and CHOW # are EASILY READABLE on your entry.
3: Use the Standard format (Below);
PLACE THE IMAGE IN A FRAME WITH YOUR NAME/TOPIC
SAVE YOUR FILE IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:
THE REST IS EASY:
1: No comments before poll is set. They WILL be deleted with utmost malice and petty grumbling.
2: Sit back and enjoy the show. BYOPC (Bring your own popcorn)
3: Good luck to all.
Please review these helpful reminders if you have not done so already.
ON GETTING TO POLL
NEW ROUND RULE: WIPS PLEASE!
SUBMISSION FORMAT REMINDER
PLEASE REMEMBER TO WRITE YOUR COPYRIGHT INFORMATION UNDER THE IMAGE IN THE FINAL BURNING THREAD SO I DON'T HAVE TO HUNT YOU DOWN LATER!
Quick Check: Have You Submitted Your Chow Properly?
- is it named correctly? (ie, "CHOW#100_Oregano.jpg")
- has it been uploaded using the attachment editor?
- have you also uploaded or linked to your wips?
- have you followed the brief?