Hands

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Hands

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Hands

also, I cant draw hands. wheni try they look like an anemic chimpanzee tried to draw them blindfolded. Is there a website that might help, or perhaps a user that can school me on this matter.

I have great faith in fools. My friends call it self confidence.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have quite a bit of trouble coming up with hands from my head as well. I heard someone (Carlo?) once mention that the same way you have to learn language to speak, in order to draw anything you have to build a visual "vocabulary" - meaning looking at things and learning how they are formed and how they can differ. I was in Borders book store a few weeks ago and saw a little book called "The Art of Sign Language" by Christopher Brown. It's all pages and pages of photos of hands, literally 256 pages and each page has several photos on it. Unfortunately it's all one man's hands, but I figure if I draw a few hands a day from the book I will learn enough about their form in a wide range of positions so that with a little practice drawing different people's hands I should be able to come up with them from my head. By the end of the book I will have drawn hands in 400+ positions! The book was only $5.99. You might try looking around the web for pictures of hands instead of paying - I had never thought of looking for sign language stuff!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.