Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks

Post # 26

@Henrique Ventura : Thank you Henrique!

@Milad : Me haven't been drawing either :/ thats evident in today's update.. and yea, got the hard copy!
    The guy nomming is coz um.. well i've got a guy to nom now! razen_sketch it is! XD hehee, long story.. will tellya sometime i see u ol

----

Getting back to rusty gesture drawings.. :/ Never tried drawing guys all this while, so thats what I'm focusing on now.. Really want to try my hand at making some Prince of Persia fan art Been playing warrior within, two thrones and POP2008 this last week! Back to the art stuff,

Attachment 1281211

Attachment 1281212

Attachment 1281213

Aand an over ambitious attempt at painting -a classic case of trying to run before I can walk

Attachment 1281214

Hello! I'm trying to improve my artwork and I really could use your critique - S k e t c h b o o k

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    really nice updates,
    about the still life, i think itl be better if you do a black and white study to understand forms first

4. The Following User Says Thank You to razen_sketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    There's an evident lack-of-touch-for-a-long-time syndrome here. Some of those proportions are weird, but nice effort.

Lol, I wonder what it would be if I started drawing now. D:
    Don't bother looking at my sketchbook. I haven't updated that thing in years. :/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MiladThaha For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Post # 27

Back again!

Milad : Yeap :/ gotta get back to daily sketching again..

Solly : yep yep.. and better choose something simpler too for starters

---

After seeing the awesomeness in Austen's Sketchpad, I thought I'd try out a random shapes challenge myself so i drew these random scribbles first
    Attachment 1282410

and uncovered these! Rough outlines in pencil and drew over that with a pen and chisel tip marker..
    Attachment 1282411

A page of 30sec gesture drawings too.. Ink on newsprint
    Attachment 1282412

Hello! I'm trying to improve my artwork and I really could use your critique - S k e t c h b o o k

Thanks
    me like the shape/face designs

9. The Following User Says Thank You to razen_sketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Post # 28

Solly : yaaye! moar to come!

----

Took one of the faces and built a body for it on tracing paper,
    Attachment 1283062

scanned it and messed around in photoshop for a bit.. Got a class trip 2moro, so not stayin up late for this! Moar once I'm back.. Gotta redraw it n fix the anatomy errors too :/
    Attachment 1283063

Thanks
    Lovely idea and even lovelier drawings! I do stuff like this in Alchemy, but this is too cool to be ignored! - paper, here I comez!

I'm in love with the way you handle the pencils- the texture and feel is tasty, and the pressure oh so juicy xD Lovin' it so far!
    Don't bother looking at my sketchbook. I haven't updated that thing in years. :/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MiladThaha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey!

Wow, you've really come along since I last visited your SB. Well done on all of your efforts and also getting some of your work published!

Keep up the great work!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to donthedragon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Post # 29

Milad : Aww thank yous :> Moar posts you say? Lets see em comin! Really? The ones in my last post? :/ I still don't see that in my pencils..

Donthedragon : Thank you Don! good to hear from you after ages! Hope you're back sketching too

---

This was a random quickie post, a tribute to the artistic hell that is my fine arts college :| Inks, markers, paintbrush and water..

Attachment 1289865

Thanks
    Pretty cool idea- Seriously reminds me of songs like 'Another Brick in the Wall', 'Hate Song' and 'The Sound of Muzak'. It feels a bit multi-dimensioned too, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Some elements 3D, some 2D, and the 2D objects don't seem to respect the laws of the 3D world. Like the character for instance. Its like working in After Effects. A 2.5D kinda thing.

Gotta say its rather mushy though xD
    Last edited by MiladThaha; July 31st, 2011 at 01:18 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MiladThaha For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Post # 30

Milad : yeaha.. gotta love college :/

Here's one of the assignments we're doing now.. I still have no idea why we're sticking with good ol poster paint for 80% of the assignments :/ The topic was Say no to alcohol (30 x 20 inches). It gets kinda obvious that I lost interest in it as the days progressed.. Really wish we had more life study and useful stuff

Attachment 1292973

Attachment 1292974

Thanks
    Forget posters, think of it as a social cause xP and finish it! Don't you feel the front bottle (with the man in it) looks kinda cut-out like?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MiladThaha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Your linework sketches are looking good. Keep doing those, and lot's of 'em. Keep it loose and varied, that's where we learn the most. Also try doing some environments, look at lighting and whatnot.

Keep it up!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Flying_Dutchman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Sharon J! I figured I would drop by after your kind words. You've got a nice body of work in here so far. Your figure drawing has really shaped up since you started drawing from sources other than posemaniacs, in the most recent batches of drawings i see a lot of great underlying gestures and a lot of good line flow. I also really like what you did with the random shape exercise! Im even more excited to see you took one of the faces and made a full character~ I dont do that often enough myself. Also, on the past page i saw some fun water color random drawings that i'm going to try myself, so thank you for the idea!

Keep up the good work, i hope to see more of your little caricatures self portraits in the future as well

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AustenFM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I really see some improvements in here, your lines feel more natural now and you have that proper style where everything is simply cute and beautiful.
    I'm really jealous at your amount of work and how you push yourself every day to draw and draw more!

Looking forward for even more from you
    My Sketchbook [ACTUALLY UPDATED!]

I have 800 posts

26. The Following User Says Thank You to chuck18mp For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast