Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Windmaker's Sketchbook Vol.2 - updated 21.09.13

Thanks

Apples.

Thanks guys!

flash jordan Thanks! Posting progress shots isn't a problem and I'm really happy it's helpful

kischi Thanks a bunch! Really helpfull critique. As I said above, I really must work a lot on not destroying the life and energy of the initial sketch while rendering.

Here's a tiny update on the knight, before I go to bed. Hopefully I've fixed the face up a bit. Also, did some minor changes on the armour.

Thanks for looking!

Attachment 1080432
    When in doubt, run and shout.

Sketchbook Vol.2

Sketchbook Vol.1

Blog

lys's sketchbook
    click there!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Ooooh it is always such a treat to see you update! Thank you for that post you did about your process, was very informative. I have just recently understood how important value is, and drawing. And then, way below those; color. It's people like you that keeps me motivated!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 1,969 Posts

Thanks
    Great sketchbook man, love those last enviro sketchs

Thanks
    hey windmaker, thanks for dropping by my sketchbook and give me important help, your new work is so great as usual,I also want to paint this theme,aha,wait for me.

Thanks
    great process stuff, interesting to see how you work!

Thanks
    amazing art and characters!wanna see more =)
    the clothes and armor..everything looks so good,really good fantasy sketches,like this style!
    MY SKETCHBOOK

You see things, and you say: 'Why?' But I dream things that never were, and I say:'Why not?'

The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams©

Thanks

Rainbow unicorn duck power!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

alexson Heh Glad you find the updates so enjoyable And I'm really glad this whole thing I posted was helpful. If you've got any questions- just ask!
    And a big thanks you for the compliment. As I said earlier- it's an honour to be able to motivate and inspire people

kingkostas Thanks! I'm glad people don't the sketches. I'm always nervous about posting such rough work.

Mark Tarrisse Thank you! They were a hell of a lot of fun to do. But I kinda got side-tracked and never finished them... I hope I'll be able to do it this weekend.

LAL You are very welcome! I'll be glad to see your new works And thanks for commenting!

cakeypigdog Thanks for dropping by! I've always loved seeing process images, so I'm glad people like seeing those in my thread as well. I feel like I want to share so much knowledge with the world. Only problem is that I don't have all that much knowledge to share...

celtica Thanks! Here's more. I hope you won't be disappointed

Soo... here is today's update. A liitle work on those three characters I've been working on for the past... a lot of days. And two new ones.

After giving it a lot of thought, I decided I spend waay too much time on pieces that don't really look like I've spent all that time on them. And I remembered the saying that you learn more from twenty one hour paintings than from one twenty hour painting.
    So now I'm trying to spend my time on a painting much more efficiently. And I'm also limiting myself to working for about an hour and a half on a painting before I begin a new one.
    Also, I remembered another really smart thing. That when you work slower on a painting and actually plan every brush stroke instead of just whacking the brush around aimlessly until something nice happens, you actually get better results faster.

So... I'm trying to do that now. Also, I have to learn how to achieve a nice ballance between hard and soft edges in a painting. Or how to actually make hard edges. Sooo... if anyone's got any advice on the matter- it is more than welcome!

Thanks for looking everybody. As always- feel free to ask questions, or critique, or comment. Or all at once

Attachment 1082541
    Attachment 1082542
    Attachment 1082543

Attachment 1082544
    Attachment 1082545

Sketchbook Vol.2

Sketchbook Vol.1

Blog

lys's sketchbook
    click there!

Thanks
    Very nice concepts Windmaker!Love the progress stuff u upload and the sketches

Thanks
    Great armor design
    Note to self - Do not try to invade your house.
    Art so far SketchBook

Thanks
    Jesus.. your work is amazing.. really like how you show your WIPS.. love the soft colors you integrate into your work!! keep it up!
    Talent and Creativity are yours to use and keep

[S K E T C H B O O K]

Thanks
    The designs are cool, but man the colors are what really get me. I would never have thought to try something like that. really unique

Thanks

There once was a cookie. And it was delicious.

Hey everybody
    Thanks for all the nice replies. You guys rock

Cameli Thanks! I'll be sure to upload some more progress stuff as soon as I can!

Mr.Thorne Thank you. Glad you like the designs! Means a lot to me, since I just recently started thinking more in depth about the designs of things.

Odayga Thanks! Means a lot As for the WIPs- there's more to come if they're helpful. I could do a post on colour as well

Aveh Thanks! Since both design and colour are things I just recently started to dabble in- I'm really glad people like them in my work!

I'm gonna spam you in your individual threads when I get home tonight No time now. But thanks again for taking the time to comment!

Here are some practise paintings. Calader suggested I try painting with no opacity control and opacity set to 100%. And it sucked at first. And I hated it. But now it's awesome and I love it. It's a really great exercise. Makes you work way more focused. The results still aren't particuarlly pretty, but I hope you'll bear with me

I still wonder how it will reflect on my regular work (with opacity control an' all...), but we'll see after I get back from The Iron Curtain workshop. I guess my plan for bringing a portfolio for a review there kinda fails, since I haven't really finished anything in... a lot of time. And I don't really like my previous work. But we'll see. There's still a few days left

So, anyway- here are the paintings. Also, they're *GASP!!!* not fantasy! Truly amazing!

Thanks for looking, everyone Aaand, as always- feel free to comment, critique and ask questions

Attachment 1084528
    Attachment 1084529
    Attachment 1084530
    Attachment 1084531
    Attachment 1084532

Sketchbook Vol.2

Sketchbook Vol.1

Blog

lys's sketchbook
    click there!