Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

How realistic are these goals

Alright, since im being kicked out my house in 2 weeks if I dont join the military, mainly because theres no where for me to go because my moms bf hates her because shes always bitching 24 7 for no reason, Im getting kicked out the house. I dont blame him.

But my mom doesnt want me to go with her, havent talked to my father in years (because of my mom), and I dont like being around my family plus they dont really like us because everytime we visit my moms starts a fight. So that throws any family out the window.

My friends I stopped talking to a while ago becuase all they do is drink and smoke and waste my time. So dont really have friends to stay for, except maybe one, which I dont think his parents would like me there.

So my plan was, to stay wherever im gonna stay, weather it be a homeless shelter, group home, or a friends house, for about 6 months or so, and the whole time there learn my arts (anatomy, and so on) and be good enough to send some stuff to a company or work for someone with my skills and gain some experience till I can work for the bigger stuff.

I do own quite a bit of the expensive art videos and books, and I know someone who works for marvel and never went to art collage and so on. My ultimate goal is to be a comic book artist or a concept artist. Most likely to be a comic artist.

Opinions? Is that time frame realistic? I do have art talent, and I am good. I just dont have everything down yet.

This is where im at right now How realistic are these goals

Edit: and im definitely NOT going to the military, goes against my beliefs. Id rather get kicked out. And those are my only two options.
    Last edited by Crom One; September 7th, 2010 at 06:28 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Isn't there some sort of middleground between these extremes? An entry level position (no matter how crappy) would be a steady flow of money to build towards... whatever ,and would certainly be more helpful than generating no income and learning art on the street.

As for your time frame, 6 months in order to be an employable artist? I don't think so. I can't really make any judgments based on the whole one drawing you posted, but the arts is one of the most brutal industries. You have to be extremely good to be able to get a low level job, let alone a full time position in the specific area you want to be in. Usually, you won't just be churning out pencil sketches either, so you'll need to have some familiarity with other mediums which you won't have access to during this time.

So, in my totally not an expert opinion, no, it's not feasible.

There are also a lot of questions here like how old you are, how much money you have, what other skills do you have etc.

I wish you the best of luck, but I urge you to find some sort of solid full or even part time job.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rainville View Post
    Isn't there some sort of middleground between these extremes? An entry level position (no matter how crappy) would be a steady flow of money to build towards... whatever ,and would certainly be more helpful than generating no income and learning art on the street.

As for your time frame, 6 months in order to be an employable artist? I don't think so. I can't really make any judgments based on the whole one drawing you posted, but the arts is one of the most brutal industries. You have to be extremely good to be able to get a low level job, let alone a full time position in the specific area you want to be in. Usually, you won't just be churning out pencil sketches either, so you'll need to have some familiarity with other mediums which you won't have access to during this time.

So, in my totally not an expert opinion, no, it's not feasible.

There are also a lot of questions here like how old you are, how much money you have, what other skills do you have etc.

I wish you the best of luck, but I urge you to find some sort of solid full or even part time job.
    Well in terms of jobs, I live in RI, which is the state in the US with the 2nd highest unemployment rate. I had a job not too long ago, like last week. But what happened was that my cars engine blew, and I have no money to fix it. And because I missed one day of work becuase of that that, on the next day they fired me. The job I was working was fed ex, extremely shitty job with shit pay. Part time too.

Its very hard to get a job around here, especially with no car. And when the car was broken I couldent find a ride from anyone, not even my own parents.

And im 20 years old, I dont have any money, just a crappy amount of 200 dollars or so in my bank. And the only other skills I have are graffiti, boxing (really good, couldve made something out of it years ago if I didnt need surgery in my mouth I cant afford) and thats really about it.

Im guessing for any hope at a job I might have to be homeless in another state. Maybe MA.

And no getting another job wouldent please them, thats what Ive been doing this whole time, trying to find a new shitty job.

Thanks for your input though. Ill welcome any thoughts you have.

Thanks
    Unless you're already solid enough to get employed through your art now, don't expect it to happen in 6 months - particularly with, you know, not having any idea where you're going to live, or how you'll be making money in the meantime.

This is that time of your life where you've got to sit down and go "Well shit." Find a job working as a janitor or a secretary or flipping burgers, and get ready to spend the next few years getting good enough to work professionally.

I'd go so far as to say, unless you've already got a lot of inherent talent, that it will probably take you more than just a couple years. I'm also going to say, that judging whether or not you've got a lot of inherent talent yourself is probably a bad thing. In fact, it's probably wisest just to assume you've got a long way to go. It'll help with your progress whether its true or not. (It's true for everyone, just for the record.) Which means you've got to be thinking about what in the hell you're going to do in the meantime.

I left home when I was 18. I decided to move 900 miles across the country, lived with my fiance for awhile. We had to get jobs pretty quick, we both wound up working full time as janitors for the local school district. It wasn't pretty, and I've seen more shit and used maxi pads than most guys probably should in their lifetimes.

But it was what we needed. And I don't regret it. I didn't get to sit around and jump right into art all the time, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, is it not?

Also, don't be afraid to travel. If you're going to be homeless anyway, traveling is not a bad thing. There's a whole lot of world out there, explore, appreciate, there's all sorts of things out there just waiting to influence the path of your life. Sometimes you've just got to get the courage to say "Fuck this shit" and start walking.

To summarize...

While it's relatively difficult to get an accurate gauge on your skills from one presumably referenced sketch, I'm going to function under the assumption that most people post only what they're relatively proud of, in which case: No, 6 months does not seem like a realistic time frame.

Now, granted. I'm no professional. But there's my $0.02.

PS: At your point in life right now, I'm going to give this simple bit of advice. What's going to help you right now probably won't be your art. But you can help yourself a lot with raw charisma. Prove yourself to be an intelligent and worthwhile individual to those you meet, and it'll help you no matter where you are.

PPS: Oh, another word of advice. Your posts give off a relatively carefree sort of feeling. Not carefree like frolicking in the flowers type of carefree. Carefree like "I don't really care, things happen, I'll figure something out" type of carefree. (Please don't take that personally, not meaning any offense.) My advice to you, as a result, is to please stop that mentality. Passion is so crucial these days. Find something you dream about, something you care about, something that really MEANS enough to you, that you're ready and willing to plan ahead of time for. Not 6 months ahead of time, but that you're willing to devote your life to it. Passion can do so much for a person, it's a shame so many are without it.
    Last edited by Two Listen; September 7th, 2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Typo.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Two Listen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    One of my cousins lives with me and my family, she was not kicked out, she wanted to study and my parents welcomed here, so, why not try to ask your other family to see if they would welcome you at their home?.

Try searching for grants or scholarships too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Listen View Post
    Unless you're already solid enough to get employed through your art now, don't expect it to happen in 6 months - particularly with, you know, not having any idea where you're going to live, or how you'll be making money in the meantime.

This is that time of your life where you've got to sit down and go "Well shit." Find a job working as a janitor or a secretary or flipping burgers, and get ready to spend the next few years getting good enough to work professionally.

I'd go so far as to say, unless you've already got a lot of inherent talent, that it will probably take you more than just a couple years. I'm also going to say, that judging whether or not you've got a lot of inherent talent yourself is probably a bad thing. In fact, it's probably wisest just to assume you've got a long way to go. It'll help with your progress whether its true or not. (It's true for everyone, just for the recrord.) Which means you've got to be thinking about what in the hell you're going to do in the meantime.

I left home when I was 18. I decided to move 900 miles across the country, lived with my fiance for awhile. We had to get jobs pretty quick, we both wound up working full time as janitors for the local school district. It wasn't pretty, and I've seen more shit and used maxi pads than most guys probably should in their lifetimes.

But it was what we needed. And I don't regret it. I didn't get to sit around and jump right into art all the time, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, is it not?

Also, don't be afraid to travel. If you're going to be homeless anyway, traveling is not a bad thing. There's a whole lot of world out there, explore, appreciate, there's all sorts of things out there just waiting to influence the path of your life. Sometimes you've just got to get the courage to say "Fuck this shit" and start walking.

To summarize...

While it's relatively difficult to get an accurate gauge on your skills from one presumably referenced sketch, I'm going to function under the assumption that most people post only what they're relatively proud of, in which case: No, 6 months does not seem like a realistic time frame.

Now, granted. I'm no professional. But there's my $0.02.

PS: At your point in life right now, I'm going to give this simple bit of advice. What's going to help you right now probably won't be your art. But you can help yourself a lot with raw charisma. Prove yourself to be an intelligent and worthwhile individual to those you meet, and it'll help you no matter where you are.

PPS: Oh, another word of advice. Your posts give off a relatively carefree sort of feeling. Not carefree like frolicking in the flowers type of carefree. Carefree like "I don't really care, things happen, I'll figure something out" type of carefree. (Please don't take that personally, not meaning any offense.) My advice to you, as a result, is to please stop that mentality. Passion is so crucial these days. Find something you dream about, something you care about, something that really MEANS enough to you, that you're ready and willing to plan ahead of time for. Not 6 months ahead of time, but that you're willing to devote your life to it. Passion can do so much for a person, it's a shame so many are without it.
    Yeah you could be right about the art thing. Youre spot on about the "care free" attitude though. Which is what I like to call the "fuck it" attitude. I really honestly dont care about much as this point.

And on the point of moving out, youre lucky you had someone to get out there with. I have absolutely no one to depend on or help. And on the job situation, the problem here is that theres no where at all to get hired, which is why im thinking of getting out of the state. 2nd highest unemployment rate here.

Youre advise is appreciated, though. Feel free to say anything else youd like.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian223 View Post
    One of my cousins lives with me and my family, she was not kicked out, she wanted to study and my parents welcomed here, so, why not try to ask your other family to see if they would welcome you at their home?.

Try searching for grants or scholarships too.
    Its pretty much hopeless with them, even when my brother got thrown out of my house earlier being around "family" (I hate that word) was a problem.

Thats definitely a no-go.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom One View Post
    Yeah you could be right about the art thing. Youre spot on about the "care free" attitude though. Which is what I like to call the "fuck it" attitude. I really honestly dont care about much as this point.

And on the point of moving out, youre lucky you had someone to get out there with. I have absolutely no one to depend on or help. And on the job situation, the problem here is that theres no where at all to get hired, which is why im thinking of getting out of the state. 2nd highest unemployment rate here.

Youre advise is appreciated, though. Feel free to say anything else youd like.
    People here are trying to help but maybe it's just me but your replies even seem kind of flippant... If you genuinely want to work on your art, start a sketchbook here and throw yourself into it. You won't get very far in the arts industry without motivation and passion, like two listen said.

It also sounds a little bit like you're saying it's the second highest unemployment rate in the country so why bother trying. I could be completely reading it wrong but that's the way it sounded to me. You're 20, so likely you could find a room to rent for a few hundred a month. If you found even the shittiest of jobs you could afford to feed and house yourself that way. It would limit your time every day for art but if art is your passion you'll find a way to do it as well as house yourself.

But you have to REALLY care. You can't be in a "fuck it" attitude.

Your situation sucks, but I think a lot of us have been in shitty situations too. Just try to keep your chin up and find something that drives you and you'll come out if it.

Thanks
    Hmmm, you seem to have nothing to lose, by the sounds of it. Is there a cheap way that you can travel to a state that you KNOW has a good amount of employment, but isn't so far that you're using up all your money to get there?

Do you have a résumé of what you've done so far? You can (and probably need to) start with an entry-level job wherever you go. Perhaps BEFORE you even go anywhere, find a destination and see if there are boarding houses or something cheap, so you can at least have a bit of money left for food as well, and laundry.

It's one of those tough steps that some must take, but once you get yourself planted on solid ground again, as far as the job is concerned and living arrangements, then you could worry about improving on your art. Any other time outside of work would be yours, use it very wisely as you make whatever change you make. O_O

Whatever you DO decide to do, I wish you success in it! Don't lose heart or give up, that's so easy to do. Too easy.

Thanks
    If I were you... I would go get a student loan and enter school for a few years. It will buy you time and a means to focus on art and improve.
    ------
    Studio Fawn *smiley face*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardescoere View Post
    People here are trying to help but maybe it's just me but your replies even seem kind of flippant... If you genuinely want to work on your art, start a sketchbook here and throw yourself into it. You won't get very far in the arts industry without motivation and passion, like two listen said.

It also sounds a little bit like you're saying it's the second highest unemployment rate in the country so why bother trying. I could be completely reading it wrong but that's the way it sounded to me. You're 20, so likely you could find a room to rent for a few hundred a month. If you found even the shittiest of jobs you could afford to feed and house yourself that way. It would limit your time every day for art but if art is your passion you'll find a way to do it as well as house yourself.

But you have to REALLY care. You can't be in a "fuck it" attitude.

Your situation sucks, but I think a lot of us have been in shitty situations too. Just try to keep your chin up and find something that drives you and you'll come out if it.
    What do you mean flippant? And yeah, I dont know, these places around here arent cheap. : /
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Hmmm, you seem to have nothing to lose, by the sounds of it. Is there a cheap way that you can travel to a state that you KNOW has a good amount of employment, but isn't so far that you're using up all your money to get there?

Do you have a résumé of what you've done so far? You can (and probably need to) start with an entry-level job wherever you go. Perhaps BEFORE you even go anywhere, find a destination and see if there are boarding houses or something cheap, so you can at least have a bit of money left for food as well, and laundry.

It's one of those tough steps that some must take, but once you get yourself planted on solid ground again, as far as the job is concerned and living arrangements, then you could worry about improving on your art. Any other time outside of work would be yours, use it very wisely as you make whatever change you make. O_O

Whatever you DO decide to do, I wish you success in it! Don't lose heart or give up, that's so easy to do. Too easy.
    Thank you very much. And the only place I have thought about is MA, less unemployment rate and its just 1 hour away. Other than that I cant think of any other place to go with 200 dollars at hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory_Oasis View Post
    If I were you... I would go get a student loan and enter school for a few years. It will buy you time and a means to focus on art and improve.
    No money for books, nothing. If I go to college in this state ill have the most impossible time trying to find a job to even pay for that stuff. And If I move id need the money to do things over there like eat food. And I really dont wanna be debt in a failing economy, for a industry thats hard to get a job in. Then I wont get a job and all Ill have is bills.

I hope im really not discouraging anyone from replying, seriously. Idk if I sound like a stupid retarded unappreciative scum bag dick.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,727 Times in 4,633 Posts
    Phone your Dad. You're in no place to have any pride. You may even be surprised. If that fails find out about YMCAs in MA.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    Phone your Dad. You're in no place to have any pride. You may even be surprised. If that fails find out about YMCAs in MA.
    Not gonna happen, at all. Trust me.

Thanks
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144069

Thought Elwell would beat me to it.
    Helps us on our journey. Comments and critiques are welcome.

Sketchgroup

One Sketch

.empyrean's. sketchbook

DanTang's sketchbook

Dmotym's sketchbook

Nigh7shad3's sketchbook

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SigonWulf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm not a professional and I can't tell you what it really takes to get yourself some money through your art. I do know though that your referenced drawing is quite good. If you want to work in the comic industry, you need to be able to pull quality stuff from your head. If you really set yourself a goal and work your ass off on observational and imagination drawing skills, I think you might have a solid portfolio in 2 years. No dicking around like I do though, you need to be as focused as a black hole.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    Sounds like you're gonna have to flip burgers for a minute. At least earn rent money while you work on your skills.

Thanks
    I don't think the situations you're in are preventing you from living. I think your shitty attitude is. Everything is "no-go, no-go, no-go" with you. You aren't willing to do or try anything anyone has suggested.

The 2nd highest unemployment thing is a copout. McDonald's is always hiring. People always need their lawns mowed. Winter is coming and people need snow shoveled. It honestly sounds to me like you don't want to do anything but sit on your butt in a homeless shelter, drawing in your sketchybook, and dreaming about the day you're discovered and make it in the big time.

My honest to God advice is for you to get up off your keester and work so that you can feed yourself. You might need to put your art dreams aside for a little while so that you can get your life together.

On another note. You're good? Post some stuff so we can see.

Thanks

No money for books, nothing. If I go to college in this state ill have the most impossible time trying to find a job to even pay for that stuff. And If I move id need the money to do things over there like eat food. And I really dont wanna be debt in a failing economy, for a industry thats hard to get a job in. Then I wont get a job and all Ill have is bills.
    That's what the student loans are for They can pay for food and housing and books.

You have 3 options...

1) Use the skills you have now to make money (which, probably won't make very much, simply enough to live and you will not advance...other than aging...no savings, no career, simply living)

2) Go homeless or live some other way (kind of the same as working with the skills you have now)

3) Go get new skills so that you can move forward. The debt you would take on through loans is an INVESTMENT in your future. It is like spending money to build a business (only the business is yourself)... right now your time is worth maybe 8 dollars an hour... after training (of any type) your time will be worth many times that...

Basically, decide what you want to go towards....and do it. Or go flip burgers for a while until you figure it out
    ------
    Studio Fawn *smiley face*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory_Oasis View Post
    That's what the student loans are for They can pay for food and housing and books.

3) Go get new skills so that you can move forward. The debt you would take on through loans is an INVESTMENT in your future. It is like spending money to build a business (only the business is yourself)... right now your time is worth maybe 8 dollars an hour... after training (of any type) your time will be worth many times that...
    Getting a loan with his current mentality would be a very bad idea. Considering almost anything an "investment" when you're seemingly not willing to "invest" yourself, is a bad idea.

Based on the OP's responses, I would recommend flipping burgers while figuring shit out.

Then again, perhaps hitting rock bottom is exactly the kind of blow one might need to get some real motivation. Who knows.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Two Listen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yeah but, wouldent getting a loan just throw me into massive debt. Especially in a failing economy, where getting a job its self is becoming big trouble. And its not gonna get any better, not even within the next 10 years. And I dont know much about any art college that lets you live on campus. Dont even think theres one last time I looked.

Plus I have the most god awful grades, they probably wouldent even take me in. On top of that it'd be major amounts of money unless I went to a community college first. And I am by no means going to college in this out.

And If I do have a negetive attitude its a result from being in this shitty ass place. Id rather get thrown out and eat maggots on the streets, atleast Ill be eating maggots in piece.

Id rather be homeless then live in this shit.

Thanks
    Yeah but, wouldent getting a loan just throw me into massive debt. Especially in a failing economy, where getting a job its self is becoming big trouble. And its not gonna get any better, not even within the next 10 years. And I dont know much about any art college that lets you live on campus. Dont even think theres one last time I looked.

Plus I have the most god awful grades, they probably wouldent even take me in. On top of that it'd be major amounts of money unless I went to a community college first. And I am by no means going to college in this out.

And If I do have a negetive attitude its a result from being in this shitty ass place. Id rather get thrown out and eat maggots on the streets, atleast Ill be eating maggots in piece.

Id rather be homeless then live in this shit.
    How old are you dude?
    The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diarum View Post
    How old are you dude?
    Twenty.

Thanks
    A negative attitude comes from within. It's a choice you made to have the attitude. Plenty of people come from shitty situations and are as pleasant as a peach, because they choose to better themselves and stop making excuses. Myself included. I'm late in the game as far as deciding on art as a career, and even though I often feel intimidated by the young bucks springing up with mad talent, it only makes me work harder, whereas I suspect if you felt intimidated by other artists, you would simply throw down your pencil and give up.

Ringling? Academy of Art in San Fran?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    A negative attitude comes from within. It's a choice you made to have the attitude. Plenty of people come from shitty situations and are as pleasant as a peach, because they choose to better themselves and stop making excuses. Myself included. I'm late in the game as far as deciding on art as a career, and even though I often feel intimidated by the young bucks springing up with mad talent, it only makes me work harder, whereas I suspect if you felt intimidated by other artists, you would simply throw down your pencil and give up.

Ringling? Academy of Art in San Fran?
    Good, Id rather have a shitty attitude then be a drug addict, a woman beater, violent, or alcoholic or whatever. Thats what happens in a house where all you do is get sessions of mental and verbal abuse for hours a day for the past 8 years. And we all know whos the problem here.

My brother has an incredibly hopeless shitty attitude and hes a loser who likes to get drunk and doesnt like to work and hangs around the bad crowd. Growing up instead of holding everything in he would destroy everything in site to let it out.

My moms BF is a just a depressed guy who goes to work, pays bills, comes home, gets yelled at and treated like shit, sleeps. Then he repeats the process the next day.

My younger brother is following down the same route as my mom and doesnt get into a depressive state and sit there like a rock (me) or break shit and cry (my brother), he just talks so much shit and never shuts up just like my stupid bitch ass mom.

You guys are probably thinking "oh he hates his mom because she tells him stuff everynow and then" but its nothing like that. If anyone else lived here youd all have problems too.

And I had a 40 hour job before but I couldent work it because I couldent take working 40 hours of hard labor, then coming home where I get talked shit about for ANYTHING and any little thing, then going to work with a depressed attitude, then being in a facility where everyone doesnt want to work with me because im always tired and out of it from being depressed, then going back home for my "relaxtion" which just turns out to be a bashing session and then the same thing repeats its self to the next day. Depression so bad I could barely drive.

And that 40 hour a job at decent pay was my first job, which instead of thinking she would be proud of me for getting my first job thats decently good after all the bitching she did about me being unemployed, all she did was insult me. All because I couldent remember the area I worked in, said that im stupider than a dog because atleast they know where they come from, and said that I probably dont even have a job, that I find men on the internet and suck their dicks for money.

Now when you live in a situation where things like that are said daily, how else are you gonna end up? I could go on all day about way worse shit.

Thanks
    Sometimes you just gotta do shit you don't want to. Sometimes you have to do things that you may not think you are capable of. Sometimes you have to surprise yourself.

Just do something. Sitting on the street being homeless and sketching is going to get you absolutely no where. You need to sit down and consider every option and look for every resource available to you. You're not in a position to be picky. Once you are stable or at least have a plan, then you can worry about art.

Thanks
    If you're not willing to acknowledge your own failures in this instance, I don't think you'll ever be able to improve enough to live off of your artwork. Improvement in anything requires acknowledging your own failures, your own mistakes, and learning from them.

You're so absorbed in how your environment is to blame and how you're better than so much else, that you're rendering yourself quite literally incapable...of any improvement whatsoever.

I guess I'll just bail on this now. It's obvious, you're only going to learn one way. And it's not anything you can get here on some forums. I really sort of feel sorry for you. It's not because of any of the shit you've listed, though. It's because you're the one keeping you in that situation and you don't even realize it.
    Last edited by Two Listen; September 8th, 2010 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 755 Posts
    And I dont know much about any art college that lets you live on campus. Dont even think theres one last time I looked.
    You live in RI and you want to be an artist and you've never even considered RISD? Come on.

(disclaimer: no, it's not cheap, but they can be pretty generous with scholarships)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 474 Posts
    Set a goal to achieve something, but don't put a time-limit on yourself. It will only stress you out. Just focus on busting your ass.

Thanks
    We're not here to or (that won't do you any good). We're here to and until you

Whether you deserve it or not, a pity party won't find you a job, an apartment or food in your fridge.

Get hustlin'.
    MY WEBSITE: PaintedSky.ca
    MY SKETCHBOOK: Ook's Book - Karyl Craves Your Approval

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Bradley View Post
    You live in RI and you want to be an artist and you've never even considered RISD? Come on.

(disclaimer: no, it's not cheap, but they can be pretty generous with scholarships)
    RISD, is like impossible to get into I hear. Heard it all throughout highschool by the teachers themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Listen View Post
    If you're not willing to acknowledge your own failures in this instance, I don't think you'll ever be able to improve enough to live off of your artwork. Improvement in anything requires acknowledging your own failures, your own mistakes, and learning from them.

You're so absorbed in how your environment is to blame and how you're better than so much else, that you're rendering yourself quite literally incapable...of any improvement whatsoever.

I guess I'll just bail on this now. It's obvious, you're only going to learn one way. And it's not anything you can get here on some forums. I really sort of feel sorry for you. It's not because of any of the shit you've listed, though. It's because you're the one keeping you in that situation and you don't even realize it.
    Yeah well, I am now.
    Quote Originally Posted by KarylGilbertson View Post
    We're not here to or (that won't do you any good). We're here to and until you

Whether you deserve it or not, a pity party won't find you a job, an apartment or food in your fridge.

Get hustlin'.
    I dont care if you tell me like it is, I dont care if you think its insulting or if you insult me. I just want to know what I can do here. I never asked for an ass kissing.

I havent even bitched at anyone for saying what they have. Plus theyre all saying it for a reason. Im still taking in what theyre saying. I hope im not discouraging anyone from posting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast