Art: A Fury Of Aces

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: A Fury Of Aces

Thanks

A Fury Of Aces

Hey Guys,

Have been quietly (as in it does not involve heat, anvils, and hammers!) on a huge project for the last couple of years. Will involve all sorts of goodness for a long time yet. So from here on in I shall place the builds in this thread. Cool.

Have started a sketchbook here :http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...63#post2859263 which images some of the other builds I have done for the project.

Latest build : Chrysops "Biting Fly" ........ Latin: you have to love it!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Waipunga; September 7th, 2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: add pic
    We are remembered only by what we leave behind.

http://www.kilts.co.nz/WheelerKnives.htm
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Aurora.......... 1/20 scale

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    AWESOME work man. Checked ur other page, really, really love that green robot, mecha suit thing. Cant wait to see more!

Thanks
    Visited your sketchbook and loved all your work you Kiwi Bastard.{Really wonderful,} Your builds show true intellect,{ did I spell that right?} It is, problem solving that is the true test of intelligence, not these namby-pamby little I -Q tests.
    And that is what you do, solve problems, and with flair. Great work, I can appreciate it because, that is also, what I do and have, for what seem like eons... So I can recognize the trait, and it runs deep in you. Steve, you are good.
    I used to lay in bed at night and wonder how to best build something, and worry that I would mess it up some how.... but we always find a way to pull it off, make it work somehow.
    Humans never cease to amaze me, one way, or the other.{ Including myself}, please excuse me as I see by the clock on the wall, that it is time for an adult beverage... Cheers.

Mah ' Crub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mah ' Crub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Xsculptor, appreciate it Mate. And thanks Jim, feel humbled by your thoughts Dude and I hope your beverage was a goodie! It's funny actually, as I enjoy solving problems with trying to fix square pegs into round holes (yes I have a large selection of hammers!) more then I do with a straight purpose built design. Good fun!

Thanks
    Chrysops cockpit under development......... this build I am really enjoying!

Thanks
    I love kitbashing and scratchbuilt stuff, I used to watch all the movie documentaries when I was a kid just to see the parts about making models and then blowing them up. I always dreamed of being one of those guys.

I took a good look at your sketchbook and your models are very derivative of the stuff done back in the late 60s to early 80s but it lacks originality and that unique feeling. Everything looks very obvious and quickly put together.

Maybe thats just me. You should look at Ashley Woods stuff or some of the guys who remake the old Star Wars and Star Trek ships over on Starship modelers.

Cool if these are just for fun and passing time.

Buttons aren't toys!

Thanks
    Hey Zaphod Dude!

Talkers and Doers mate........... And yes I am proud that the 60s was a time of great influence for me as I was teenager by the end of that decade.

Lacking in originality? Could say the same about every aircraft and vehicle design surrounding us right now.

Obvious and put together quickly? Yes of course, I am an engineer, it is what I do.

Yes I do this for fun and enjoyment and Star Trek? WTF! With all due respect, that really is just a little pedestrian in design now, go have a look at the likes of Kow Yokoyama, Mark Stevens, Makoto Kobayashi, Luca Zampriolo, Jim Burns and Daniel Simon.

Now, Chap, why did you give up the dream? Never to late to be a Kid again and allow yourself of doing what you actually want to do.

Come on in : the water is fine! ............. and you never know you might just come up with something original. ;-)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox View Post
    I took a good look at your sketchbook and your models are very derivative of the stuff done back in the late 60s to early 80s but it lacks originality and that unique feeling. Everything looks very obvious and quickly put together.

Completely disagree, Originality is a point of view and in this day and age very overated!! lol

Steve I think your stuff is great, I sure as hell couldnt figure out what to do with stuff like this, it all looks unique to me.

Earhole Bongsplat

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongsplat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hold on just a fuck'n moment here...."Lacks originality??????" I won't have it!
    Mister Beeblebrox, even with two fucking heads you can't see originality in this work?????
    " Quickly put together."?????? Maybe instead of dreaming of doing this, you should try it some time and see how quickly it comes together for you.
    " Maybe its just me," Yep.... its just you! Maybe you should take off your storm trooper mask and take another look, you seem to have totally missed the point. Look, these builds are made from bits and pieces of flotsam and jetsam, it takes beaucoup originality to make it all work, not to mention hours of labor to retro-fit componets to mesh together.
    " Star Wars"?????? For fucks sake...yeah I guess you have a point there, he should have made some fuzzy little Ewoks or maybe a Jar-Jar. There's some original shit for you. That crap gives me a pain in my sack.

Mah ' Crub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mah ' Crub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sorry guys, I'm new to these forums. I didnt realize that personal opinions and honest critiques were frowned on. I guess some people only want the compliments and feeling that everyone loves all the fantastic work they do. I'm sure thats how it works at the professional level for this kind of thing too.

I'm almost finished school and will be studying 3D design next year and I expect people to tear my stuff apart. Im looking forward to it too. I dont want to end up living in the same perfect dream land that you guys live in. I have a few frends already doing it tell me its all about the right attitude and having a tough back.

Ill leave you to it.

Last edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox; September 10th, 2010 at 09:15 PM.
    Buttons aren't toys!

Thanks
    oh I love honest opinions, and will fight to the death to make sure you can voice it, rock on, but when your opinion sucks, well, then it just sucks, You are just wrong, completly... it's laughable...maybe while you are there safe and warm in school,{ that Daddy has paid for,no doubt,} you can take some courses on diplomacy, and proper style and manners, you've obviously not been properly trained.
    I tell you what, get back to me after about 30 years in the real "dream world,"that I live in. After you have raised a family and seen them live and die, and build a business with only $100.00, and make it work after working 12 to 16 hours a day, 7 fucking days a week, and tell me then, all about the perfect dream world that I live in.
    You are just a pup, you know nothing about fuck-all, so don't even try to tell me anything... I know what you know, because I have fucking been to hell and back,many FUCKING TIMES, you don't know anything yet, you are still pink and soft. But I do admire your spirit..... good boy..you might make a man yet.

Mah ' Crub

Thanks
    "Dream World" Hmmmmmmm? Oh well never mind back to the workbench we go! Agree totally with you Mah, humans don't know what hard work is all about or how nasty the boss really is until you are self employed!

Damn but I hate photos sometimes as they show what a cock I just made of four hours of work! Expect changes next time you see this!

Thanks
    Yeah, much better.
    More detailing to follow and then I shall think about either leaving it all open or sheathing the engine........... in two minds over that.

Thanks
    Splash of paint! Lovely stuff................. and more detailing. Now the pipe work begins.

Thanks
    i love what u did on that thing when together...awesome job...

Thanks
    Now that looks complex. How the hell....Boy, you love a challenge don't you.
    That enjine looks wick'd. I like the paint too.

Mah ' Crub

Thanks
    Hey Mah, complex? Nah........... nothing is to complex when it comes to me and my trusty ball peen hammers............ have five of them all sizes and then there is "Monday" who is a heavy sledgehammer!

Thanks Guys: here is the latest. More layering of paint to go yet. Starting the pipe work which is slow work and because the bulk of it is solder wire I have to use wooden tools to keep it smooth.

Thanks
    Awwww ,,, damned sweet. Looks gnarly. Hammers? Yes, we call them Carolina screw-drivers,{ mostly to insult the carpenters who came from a few miles away, and just over the state line,}
    This thing looks like it could blast off.

Mah ' Crub

Members who have read this thread: 1