Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts

The Walking Dead

Robert Kirkman's comic 'The Walking Dead' is being adapted as a TV series on AMC. As a fan of the comic, I have to say this trailer looks promising.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to N D Hill For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    VERY PROMISING INDEED!!! I am very excited about seeing how this pans out! Did they say when exactly it would be showing?

www.BlackSnakeStudios.com (Comics Fighting Cancer)

Thanks
    It's supposed to premier on 10/31.

Thanks
    Frank Darabont. 'Nuff said.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    The trailer totally lives up to the book. I hope they keep up the pace. As I understand it's coming out around holloween.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,535 Times in 567 Posts
    Went to their site and got even more excited.

Walking Dead

Bill'sStudio

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts
    After Breaking Bad and Mad Men, I would love for this to be another high quality series on AMC. Here's hoping.

The Walking Dead

Thanks
    It gets cooler. Here are the opening credits.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N D Hill For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Actually, those aren't the official opening credits. That was purely a fan made video. But if the guys at IFC have a brain in their heads they'll use it
    Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    The pilot leaked. Not that I seen it but it's off to a good start.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    I didn't watch it either but rumour has it that it was pretty good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 723 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 6,549 Times in 2,760 Posts
    Just finished watching it tonight. I liked it, not breaking any new ground but well acted and pretty gory for AMC

Thanks
    Off to a great start. Very well acted and some very high production value. That opening scene with the little zombie girl seemed to serve the sole purpose of stating that they're not pulling any punches. I can't wait for them to start introducing other characters like Glenn, Andrea and Dale.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    Too bad they didn't go with the graphic novel opening It was just like the funnybook, only bigger. *spoiler* I wonder if they're going to remain so faithful to the source when grimes has to run around with a chainsaw hand, just like ash.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 766 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 907 Posts
    Its on AMC right now to watch free - http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-W...6515001&ref=nf
    'If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems.And that's a big mistake.'
    www.DaveRapoza.com - Step by Steps, Videos, PSD Downloads, and tons of other crap
    SketchBook
    My Twitter Account
    Schoolism Alien Video Tutorial!
    -HAHAHA B.B.F.F. Forever...-

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Too bad they didn't go with the graphic novel opening It was just like the funnybook, only bigger. *spoiler* I wonder if they're going to remain so faithful to the source when grimes has to run around with a chainsaw hand, just like ash.
    *Spoilers* I hope not. Nothing bugs me more than when bad prosthetic appliances are used or when they just pull a sleeve up over an actors knuckles to depict a missing hand. That said, I'm really curious about how they handle the whole "Governor" storyline.

This week was great by the way.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    The first episode I actually found to be a bit... blah. Just sort of boring. Not enough action to be mindless fun but not enough dramatic cinematography/good writing/good acting to make it hold up as interesting drama. (contrast it with deadwood, where no one has to fire a shot for things to be interesting)

The second ep was a hell of a lot better IMO.

Thanks
    I really wanted to like Walking Dead but the first time the main character speaks and I just want to punch him in the head-- couldn't finish the episode. That whole sequence introduce MC and his jerk cop friend kind of killed it for me... Zombie stuff doesn't work quite as well when you're just sort of hoping the main character gets eaten alive 'cos he seems unpleasant.

Loved the direction though, really good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,922 Times in 838 Posts
    Well, yeah. The lead could definately have been more likable. Still, I'm enjoying it so far.
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    They seem to be changing quite a bit. Between the changes and the pacing, I wonder how long they intend to stretch this out.

Thanks
    Ugh, imo they totally dropped the ball on last nights ep. way too slow a pick up from last weeks awesome cliffhanger. I felt they they en some extra gore to try and make it up, but it felt forced. Damn it!
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    *Spoilers* yeah. I have to admit the whole CDC detour seems tacked on and poorly fleshed out. I hate it whenever any painfully fake, dumbed down science is used to explain everything. "Ooh! We know that cell is bad because it's all spikey and it's eating the other cells!"
    Last edited by N D Hill; December 12th, 2010 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks
    LOVE this show so far.

*SPOILERS* Just watched the last episode tonight. My boyfriend kept saying that it would be better and more interesting had they all died and we followed new characters in the next season, and I guess I'm starting to agree.
    Love the character development they've managed to get into just (six?) episodes. Nearly cried when I thought Dale was going to let himself be killed, he's too sweet to die. Shame I don't care for the 'main' characters though (sick of seeing the wife and kid for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    pretty gory for AMC
    Are you kidding? Have you seen Breaking Bad? (Not really a spoiler if you haven't) The 'bathtub' scene from the first season was absolutley sick.

Thanks
    i like the main characters i just don't like he best friend he's a jak ass lol..I'm looking forward to the Father and son story from the first episode where hes wife is a zombie lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Well the whole writing team got fired (I knew about it while ago but forgot to post it)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/12/...iding-shotgun/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    Well the whole writing team got fired (I knew about it while ago but forgot to post it)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/12/...iding-shotgun/
    Aww shit. Hopes for it to 'only get better' have been seriously dampened now.
    Inconsistent writing styles doesn't sound like a good idea to me, especially if an example of it working is Doctor Who, which I detest.

Thanks
    The first big deviation from the comic, the whole CDC detour, really fell flat for me. One of the things I like about the comic is that no one knows a thing about what's going on on a global scale and they never attempted to explain a thing. I like the main characters but some of the TV exclusive ones are pretty ridiculous. Why would the group of survivors allow a couple of one-dimensional, racist assholes to take refuge with them? Especially ones whose only talents are endangering the rest of the group and trying to hijack control? And "T-Dog"? Really? He's a character who is essentially a racial stereotype from 1991.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by N D Hill View Post
    The first big deviation from the comic, the whole CDC detour, really fell flat for me. One of the things I like about the comic is that no one knows a thing about what's going on on a global scale and they never attempted to explain a thing. I like the main characters but some of the TV exclusive ones are pretty ridiculous. Why would the group of survivors allow a couple of one-dimensional, racist assholes to take refuge with them? Especially ones whose only talents are endangering the rest of the group and trying to hijack control? And "T-Dog"? Really? He's a character who is essentially a racial stereotype from 1991.
    Didn't read the comic, would you recommend it?

I guess the CDC addition was to insert some kind of rationality for all the viewers who question the believability of their decisions.

Although I can't help but think life aboard a ship would be the most logical goal; the zombies won't be able to swim and you don't have to stay in one place.
    Sure they'll have to cross a whole state or something to get there, but seems less silly than hoping they'll find a whole army base unscathed and ready to save the day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast