Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks

Page of the week

Cool stuff Dirty, I like the rat guy The original idea for the series had all these other animal hybrids like rats, and bears. I ended up cutting it because it didn't really work with how the story went more Orwellian 1984-ish.

Someone commented about trying to keep the original character of the page. I'm trying to embellish the existing character and clarify the narrative are really my main goals.

Scott Mcloud has an excellent book called Making Comics, which I keep handy on my drawing table. I wish that book had existed when I did this the first time...I probably wouldn't even have to even be doing this!!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Website
    My Blog
    My Facebook page

I update my Facebook page regularly with updates if you would like to keep up with the work as I complete it.

JM
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Page of the week

Page of the week.

My Website
    My Blog
    My Facebook page

I update my Facebook page regularly with updates if you would like to keep up with the work as I complete it.

JM

Thanks
    Man, I loved the original version a lot. Fail to see the purpose of the "digital remaster". Anyways good luck.

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    I know mid marathon the last hing you need is someone saying, "hey, man.. why are you doing this?"... but... The original version is bursting with life, energy, and flaws (flaws are good). That makes it feel human and organic and fleshy and disgusting and beautiful. Even the lettering in the original has that life. As a piece of art - the original wins hands down, no question about it. The new one is pretty, sure. You know how to use photoshop very well and now your work can look like everyone else here. Ah good. We can all feel safe again and say we love the new version! Looks slick! I know Bisley and Fabry are not "cool" right now - but it's a lot cooler to have traces of them in your art then the plasticity of just another photoshop painting. This may sound harsh - but it truly saddens me to see such great stuff - ACTUAL PAINTING! being put aside in favour of a bland pretty trend. Boo. Regardless. The first is done and already does exist, so in the end, it will be an interesting thing to reflect on when you have the two version and can flip through them side by side. Cheers and best of luck with the marathon! Also - thank you very much for sharing your process of this - I really appreciate it and enjoy this.

Thanks
    man i really really like this ide, it's so awsome, i am eagerly looking forward to more updates

Thanks
    is a great work
    congratulation o__O

Thanks
    Stein- thanks so much for your comment, it's true what you say, you might be right...to my knowledge I've never even heard of anyone doing something like this..it is a but nuts, isn't it? Your post is like my own internal argument leading up to this. I'm turning 40 this year, maybe this is my mid-life crisis? I'm a pretty simple person when it comes to philosophy about art and creation, but I can tell you what got me to this point of no return...besides enjoying drawing guys punching each other.

I don't know what your experience has been, but I believe every artist finds themselves in the creative woods at some point, we're a bit lost, and we aren't quite sure which way to go. For me, what I've learned is the only way out of the woods is to follow the thing you've followed your whole creative life...your compass or whatever, and the worst thing to do is to stand still waiting for the path to illuminate...it just won't. Sometimes the compass is pointing off into the dark and you have no idea what is fucking over there.
    This is what my creative compass is telling me to do, which I honestly have a great number of reservations about going this way. I'm doubtful that I will even find a publisher, I can write a long list of reasons why this is probably not a good use of my time...but the damn thing is pointing like crazy, what can you do, turn your back on the thing that has driven your creative decisions your whole life?

I can be honest with myself about the doubts, once you're committed you've got no other choice than to push on, what's the alternative, for me it's what it's been for the past 10 years, the feeling of standing still, and a laundry list of excuses why I haven't moved in a direction. So, I'm on the path now, and I'm actually really glad I followed the compass...the compass was right, and very little of it has anything to do with photoshop. I'm moving with purpose in a direction, with a project near and dear to my heart, what lies over that hill, I have no idea..does life as a creative being ever get better?

JM

My Website
    My Blog
    My Facebook page

JM

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That's a mean pig you got there... brutal and interesting to read and watch.
    Follow your compass buddy he didn't let you down so far did it?
    I really love the remake of this, it brings atmosphere and more life to the whole story, I think for people who have not read the original oink like myself could be a real treat.

My Sketchbook

Friends
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart
    Facebook page

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Thanks
    This is so cool ^^ both version looks great.
    Love your studio

Thanks
    I didn't know this comic. Your painting technique is very cool ! Congrats !

Strange & Beautiful.

Thread
    Facebook
    Website

Thanks

Page O' Da' Week

Page of the week.

My Website
    My Blog
    My Facebook page

JM

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 766 Posts
    I completely understand What you are saying sir..... Sometimes you gotta what you gotta do...
    And I am loving this comic now.... I liked the earlier version too.... it was so dark and dirty but this is just as good. Its still dirty and dark, but its become wiser;for lack of a better word.
    Godspeed

A fan.

Thanks
    Amazing stuff, man!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.