Sketchbook: xensoldier's sketchbook
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: xensoldier's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

xensoldier's sketchbook

Hello fellow CA mates.
    I've been lurking this place since late last year. And felt it was time to be an active productive member

Well here's a batch of sketches I have done in last year (365 days). Honestly my drawing images are scattered between 3 hard drives, so i got some of the more recent ones i could find lol.
    (I don't know where my collection human related sketches/gestures etc. are at, so those will be lacking in this first update.)

I'm pretty fully open minded to constructive criticism. So your opinions and suggestions are welcomed as long as they're actually constructive

Attached Images Attached Images                      
    Last edited by xensoldier; March 12th, 2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: change the main pic showing/add some pics deleted in accident
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

10/12/10 update

(It hit me that it's kind of ridiculous that I've been updating my Facebook with images but not (the more important) CA sketchbook lol.)

But anyways , for starters, I've officially transferred and am now a student at the Academy of Art university. (first semester of Artschool yay lol). Though I had to start off Online first. But I'm moving come January so I can start attending full time.

Well anyways. Here are some sketches I've done in the last month.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice creature and monster ideas and I like the lighting studies on the last post. The Crusty one looks like a well constructed and solid drawing. The bird you've drawn with red has great design and feather detail. Seems like you're drawing mostly from imagination, but studies are what pushes the realism in your work further. Study the way things look from life, photos and anatomy books to broaden your scope. But good start, keep them coming!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smuli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smuli's comments

Quote Originally Posted by smuli View Post
    Nice creature and monster ideas and I like the lighting studies on the last post. The Crusty one looks like a well constructed and solid drawing. The bird you've drawn with red has great design and feather detail. Seems like you're drawing mostly from imagination, but studies are what pushes the realism in your work further. Study the way things look from life, photos and anatomy books to broaden your scope. But good start, keep them coming!
    Heh thanks Smuli . Yeah I've been trying to get myself to study human anatomy more. (Outside of my Analysis of form classwork lol). Well actually I have done some in a Figure Drawing class i took at my local community college. Which I'll probably post up soon.

I've got like 7 books, but most of them are concept art related or towards Corel Painter. (only 1 animal illustration book). Well just the other day my anatomy books came in finally.
    - "Hogarth's Dynamic Anatomy Revised"
    - "Bridgeman's Complete Guide to Drawing from Life" and
    - "Drawing People How to portray the Clothed Figure" by Barbara Bradley".

Since I heard from you guys that Bridgeman's is a excellent book, and the Bradley one is a required book in one of the AAU Illustration courses.
    So I've started practicing from them. (Did a few figure drawings to today yay).

And I definitely agree with you there. I've already learned a lot from the studies assignments I've been doing in my first few Academy of Art University courses.

Welp I'll keep at it. Thank you again for being my first poster Smuli

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

11/3/2010

Small update

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great charcoals! As a minor nitpick, I think you could've used black more sparingly on the core shadows of the cloth for more sense of depth but one can definitely feel the form on both of them anyway. Keep up the good work!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to smuli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Damn it has been a while..

Man it's been a few months since i've posted on here.
    I spent so much time getting ready to move to San Fransisco to personally attend AAU. That at the last minute, I chose to stay in Dallas. So I said carried on taking 4 classes but Online. This morning officially ends my first week of school. Boy does Still Life Painting and Perspective demand a lot of time , even for the first week of class.
    Although I don't have much work to update this sketchbook with. I'll definitely start getting on here more and interacting with the community. (And thanks Smuli for your comments and being my first CA.org buddy )

I'll post something up tomorrow or Wednesday at he latest. Until next time guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Be more productive on here.

Alright I'm back and it is update time! A lot of these will be assignments for my AAU Online classes this semester. Few are sketches I did Fall+Winter of last year; and of course some from the last few few months. Go time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Some more (As always, constructive criticism welcomed!)

Ok here is some more.

The pikachu isn't a photomanipulation, I dyed one of my rabbit's with cheap ass quality oil paint jaja XD

The rest are all sketches, drawings, homework assignments from class and what not.

. Some of my closest friends are /b/tards -_-. While I'm the only one who tries to steer away from that, I do enjoy some memes and recently started trolling my friends with photo manips and artworks.
    A) The 4 panel one = My friend got so messed up he put this Joya on his head. I of course got a pic because I knew it would be good material to make something from. Now I couldn't think of a 3rd idea so i'm hoping you guys can give me an idea. As you can see the first one is Pyramid Head from Silent Hill and the second is Grenade Man from MegaMan 8. Give me ideas guys!
    B): long story short, Handsome face meme is based on my friend who definitely has some screws loose and really lacks social skills. One thing he hates is when people say Roy is better than Marth on Super Smash Brothers Melee. Air brushed on

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.