Thanks

Introduction thingy

Hello!
    I registered here by pure frustration after once again realizing I'm not very good at art at all.

I'm mostly intreresting in cartoons and comic making, but realistic pictures has its charm as well, and is good to know for "realistic cartoons"

I might be in the wrong forum for cartoons, but I still think there are alot of things here that I should learn, as I'm almost as bad as one can get at "serious" art.

One problem is that I often imagine myself as being pretty darn good at art, but the truth is very different when it hits me in the face, hard.
    Another problem is that the inspiration of improving dissappears when I run into troubles, this happens when I'm reading tutorials.. maybe having a forum behind the tutorials will help, even tho you people are art gods in comparision =P

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey there! Welcome to CA! There are artistic doing many different styles around here, including cartoons and comics! We're all taking from some fundamental areas though, and you'll really get a lot out of CA's offerings here, so you CAN put it to your cartoons and such!

I'm into cartooning as well, and I got a LOT of great help for cartoon and more realistic art alike. Why don't you first start yourself a sketchbook here to show what you have:

http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

And just to promote it, Panels of the Week (POW!) will have some things as well...for any comicing desires you have:

http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145

Enjoy yourself! I'll tell you, everyone has their different levels! Many people coming here at first won't realize that until you look around. Look around and enjoy! Get settled and start sharing what you have!

Thanks
    Hi. If you take a quick look around the forums, you will notice that the problems you describe are not unique to yourself. Many people have expressed the same concerns and you can find some encouraging words and good advice.

Hope you stick around and enjoy the place.