Thread: Other forums?

Thanks

Other forums?

Anyone know if there are other art forums out there more aimed at industrial design, vehicle design, entertainment etc? It seems this site has become nothing but illustration over the years, im looking for something that has more of industrial design base.
    Nathan Campbells 3 steps to drawing like a pro, 1. Sketch 2. shade. 3. highlights and ur done

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Maybe cgtalk? Or maybe a forum inside a book in a store somewhere? Or maybe even some cool art school that will put you in debt to hook you up with some secret forums? Or, if you are lucky enough, someone with a great amount of knowledge on forums about industrial design and vehicle design. From what I remember, there is a little bit of everything that you are asking for in these forums, and just enough to learn quite a bit. Just do some digging around my friend.

Yo dawg, I put a forum in this forum so you can see and read a forum in a forum while being in a form of a forum. Ya dig?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Samuel Gray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks smart ass.
    Nathan Campbells 3 steps to drawing like a pro, 1. Sketch 2. shade. 3. highlights and ur done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Gray View Post
    Maybe cgtalk? Or maybe a forum inside a book in a store somewhere? Or maybe even some cool art school that will put you in debt to hook you up with some secret forums? Or, if you are lucky enough, someone with a great amount of knowledge on forums about industrial design and vehicle design. From what I remember, there is a little bit of everything that you are asking for in these forums, and just enough to learn quite a bit. Just do some digging around my friend.

Yo dawg, I put a forum in this forum so you can see and read a forum in a forum while being in a form of a forum. Ya dig?

... I haven't seen many sketchbooks here with works or drawings that could be turned into actual buildings without them collapsing because of bad design. CA might have a bit of architectural design etc, but not much, and if it does it's usually a sci-fi idea rather than being very much informed by the technicalities of industrial design. I think that's more what gasmask is after, even if it's still for entertainment media.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlightedArt View Post
    ... I haven't seen many sketchbooks here with works or drawings that could be turned into actual buildings without them collapsing because of bad design. CA might have a bit of architectural design etc, but not much, and if it does it's usually a sci-fi idea rather than being very much informed by the technicalities of industrial design. I think that's more what gasmask is after, even if it's still for entertainment media.
    Yes, thank you.

Thanks
    I would search industrial design, prototyping, architectural design forums for technical/concept drawings.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Thanks
    Sorry for my dry humor broski. If anything my best guess would be some 3d rendering forums that usually tend to lean toward what you're looking for.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,434 Times in 2,935 Posts
    thats what the concept art forums are for here in the conceptart forums

Y'all are funny though. A forums in a forums in a forums...thats what we have here dawg.

Thanks

Thanks
    awesome finds silver surfer, this is what i was looking for. Excellent man, thanks!

Thanks
    You could start you own forum about it. Its a niche, but if there isn't one out there, why not fill it?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,056 Posts
    I don't know if it's really a forum as such, but my Dad's an industrial designer and he says there's a lot of industrial designers on coroflot.com... http://www.coroflot.com/

He's got a basic page there, and they have got a job board apparently, but I don't know how much interaction there is on that site. (It might just be for posting your portfolio and finding work, dunno.)

Thanks
    http://www.productdesignforums.com/

Maybe that link might be of some help. I came across it ages ago in my own search for something similar.