Art: the first message with images :)

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

the first message with images :)

Hello Everybody!

It is a true thrill to post some of my work here. I have seen incredible work and images that has literaty changed the way I think of art. Ive learned by watching others and trying to translate what I have in my head. It has been crazy and a great experience and I feel like Im going somewhere. IM 35 and I want to develop my skills to the measure of perhaps working with art in a couple of years....anyways, let me know what you think....Thank you for stopping by and I wish you happy drawing....

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey dude, glad to hear your new to the site, always cool to find new artists. You have some intersting stuff here, the first image is cool. Piece of advice, if your new to digital painting Id say to leave the custom brushes or use them a little bit, try not to depend on them as much. Develop a basic understanding of whatever programs and then use the brushes. this helped me out when I began.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thescala For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, my first visitor with a comment Im glad, thrilled but also nervous to be a part of this site. Art has given me a beacon in life and I feel and think that through the process I could learn alot. Iīm very new to this so of course I will follow your advice about brushes. You mean, just simple stuff in the beginning? To get a feel of it?

My eternal question is if I will be ever so good so I could work with it. The contrasting thought is that this is great fun and the journey not the end is what counts

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

so much to say

It is interesting. My imagination is running wild everytime I paint. It is like catching a fish with your bare hands. I like it, admire it, I find it extremely rewarding but I canīt comprehend it. If I canīt do that, can I truly become an artist? I have seen amazing work here on this site, that inspired me, made me wanna be better and touched me so deeply that I almost breath it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

angel

This is a piece I worked on for a few hours. I was wondering if you have any comments or guidelines?. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks pretty cool, the pose is a bit stiff though. Anatomy isn't that bad. I would suggest going to finart.sk/ 3d.sk. These are a couple sites that offer a near endless amount of human photo reference.

You also seem to have the whole crazy brush stroke thing going on, so maybe try out Alchemy. Its a free to use program that lets you create random shapes from your imagaination, its hard to explain.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man! Thanks, it makes me happy that you thought it was cool. I think IM onto something, but there is still a long road to go. So, anatomy, yes, my friend is sending me 6 books regarding that and I will study it carefully. It will drag me away from stiffness and mundane poses, and it might spark something new and exciting. I guess it will give me a good foundation and a great deal of joy.

Crazy? Yeah, I guess Iīm extracting shapes from my mind, haha. I will look into Alchemy, it might be fun!

How did you start out?
    What are your goals?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I actually have only been doing art for about 2 years, digital for less than a year. I attended art school for Game Design. That was alright, but I found that my passion was at environment design.

I actually moving to Pasadena on Friday to attend the concept design academy. So I hope to land a job somewhere. Id actually love a job as a tetser, Ive always wanted to be a part of a game's creation from start to finish ( a professional game ).

Also, I noticed your environment stuff actually looks like a game I just played called Axel and Pixel on XBLA. Shitty game, interesting art tho. so thats sorta cool.

Shameless Plugin: the game I worked on at school for my senior class project is going to be featured in next months Game Developer Magazine. So maybe a developer will see the game and like it enough for something big to happen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there. Two years is not a long time. Really. I checked out your portfolio. You have a very clean nad interesting style. I really liked what I saw and some images are still inprinted in my mind. Correct me if Iīm wrong but it seems to me that you have a traditional flare within you. Thatīs a good base. Thatīs where I will start. So, take ruins for example. Great image that made me think of loneliness but also strength. It was my favorite together with the "Hangar" and "Mystic forest". Itīs visually appealing and tells a story by itself. Technically itīs simple and my thoughts are

Which school did you attend for Game Design? Was it good? That must have been an experience. Iīm really into games as well. Iīm going to work with it one fine day. Itīs a dream.

Oh, so you sort of switched to Design? I think its great to know what one wants here in life, so you can focus your energy and passion on it.

There is a school here in Sweden for CG which I want to apply to. It would be great to get in.

Yeah, Iīm going to check it out in the magazine.
    Hey man, it would be great if something happened for you.
    What is it about? Name? What did you do in it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

new work

Something I worked on last night. I feel like some of my work is flat. The light and shadows are missing so I wanted to make this piece to train on those elements. Well, anyways, just wondering what you think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

re-construction on canvas

I have been working on the light and some small details. The red roof took away to much attention so I changed it to something old and almost broken. I love colors and sometimes I go overboard with it. I also felt like the image was to dark.....As for the concept I wanted to convey a feeling a lonely morning, somewhere far away where you could just spend it for yourself with a cop of coffee and a good book or a scetchbook.

I would love some crit. I really truly want to become a concept artist and I feel like IM moving forward with this but I need to know what the other side thinks (thatīs you). Getting some advice and crits make me want to do better!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are a few things you need to work on, such as perspective and color.

First thing I would change is the perspective of the shack, it simply isn't correct, you should use vanishing points for the horizontal lines.

The trees in the background don't look like trees too much in the way they are now, they are all straight up and with the same distance from each other.
    It also looks like they are placed in a line, this can be easily avoided by making them different sizes and with different value.
    Try to make them more organic and less artificial.

It would also be a good idea to have some sort of foreground object overlapping the shack, wich you had in the first painting but got removed in the second one.

The horizon seems to be too straight, especially if you really want to make it mountains vary the heights, and again value and contrast. The ones further away should have less contrast in it than the objects on the foreground.

There are probably a lot of things that could be changed but if you start with the things above I guess you will do quite well.

Going to bed now, but will try to do a paintover for you tommorrow in wich I will implement the changes.

Keep up the good work!

Sorry for my crappy English
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Looking for tips and tricks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im gerade neu in diesem Forum....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is the paintover as promised, I intended to keep the scene sort of intact but somehow I ended up with something quite different than your original one.

Didn't work long on it so there are quite some things that can be changed but it can give you an idea about what I meant in my previous post.

the first message with images :)

Sorry for my crappy English
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Looking for tips and tricks

Members who have read this thread: 1