Project of dooom!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Project of dooom!

So, I am still working on the project from before (trying to world-build the wizard of earthsea into a movie).. and the other day I got the idea to take it in a different direction for the final presentation (instead of just a bunch of paintings and sketches like I was doing, I am going to instead try and make a trailer ...making matte paintings and whatever else I can do to make mock-screens from the "movie").

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=192425

This is the old thread (and some of the newer paintings I have on my website).

Here is what I have so far with the new project direction (I am aiming for a 3-5 minute trailer...so...urrgg, have to make soooo many "shots" o.O).

First, music! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqkS9...eature=related

(what i am thinking of starting it off with)

Name:  testframe-003.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  393.4 KB

Name:  testframe-004-tiny.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  348.1 KB

Name:  testframe-005.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  473.2 KB

Name:  testframe-006.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  227.2 KB

Name:  testframe-007.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  420.3 KB

Name:  testframe-008.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  350.7 KB

------
    Studio Fawn *smiley face*
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everything looks pretty good, nice compositing and colors. The first one is your strongest piece. A couple suggestions:
    On the third picture with the ruined city, based on how the sun is directly behind the furthest building in the back the whole ground should be in shadow with very little, if any light affecting it. I would suggest moving the sunlight up so that lighting makes sense. and also make the front face of the furthest building much darker.
    In the fourth picture with the kid, the expression on him looks tired and blank like he has no emotion. The light from those torches are not affecting anything, so make those brighter and show how it affects the environment. How the light affects the face, his clothes, and other objects.
    In the fifth picture with the old woman I would suggest putting some cast shadows from her features, because right now there are none. The light looks really soft, and based on how the environment looks like, there should be some strong contrast in the face. Fix the hands on her as well, you took a lot of care into the rest of her, make sure you do the same with the hands.
    In the last picture, the focus is scattered all over the place. Meaning that there are some blades of grass in the foreground that are very sharp, while others in the foreground are really blurry. If your focus is on the kids face, blur out all the blades of grass in the foreground. The fact that only one ear on the rabbit is really sharp and the rest blurry looks strange. I would suggest to make a decision on what's the focus. If the kid is the focus, the features on him will be sharp and as the objects come closer to the foreground, it gets blurrier and blurrier.
    Hope this helps and not too much to take in.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to irishbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks I'll try to go back and do some revisions on those. Urrrg, so many to do, but I am going way faster than I thought I would be able to! I figure I am already at over a minute of material (when combined with different movement effects and words and other editing things).

Here are the ones for today

Name:  testframe-009.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  354.2 KB

Name:  testframe-010.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  474.6 KB

Name:  testframe-011.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  218.3 KB

Name:  testframe-012.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  374.6 KB

Name:  testframe-013.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  407.8 KB

------
    Studio Fawn *smiley face*

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.