Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    great stuff in this sketchbook so keep working hard and posting. I don't use coloured pencils myself but after seeing this I might give it a try.

One crit I have is to try and vary the width of your linework. This gives your sketches more depth and areas where the line is thickest will seem to be "closer" to your eye than those with a faint line. Contrast is what drawing is all about, keeping things different enough that your eye can make sense of it I suppose. Good luck!
    Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hi my friend do you like drawing challenge

visit this link in the same forum http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=202304

5. The Following User Says Thank You to qlotzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 896 Posts
    Hullo again, looks like you're still brimming with interesting ideas, love the traditional works!

As a crit, why not try to push your boundaries more in terms of shading, and some more studies here an' there between your funner stuff would be great. It's a hassle, but it's a great benifit in the long run.

ANyways, keep up the good work!
    - Sketchbook - Society6 - Etsy
    Cheers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

long time no see

qlotzan: thanks man!! Will have a look at that challenge of yours to

tasser: Hey!! Thank you I will try to post stuff like that soon take care!

ThomasM: Thanks a lot for the tip I will definitely give it a go Thank you very much

Naidy: Thank you! Yeah I'm on my way actually gonna study some more and post it very soon thanks for the tip!

HELLO!!! WAH! Soon christmas...can't believe it, wasn't it october yesterday? o.O but anyways gonna stop my jibberjabber, here's todays update!!

1: First the request from PaintMyBrain to do a tuxedo penguin, here's the result! Hope you like it!

2: Then I have a portrait of a guy from Snafu-comics.com, the comics there are really awesome!! (and his name is not Balthasar, I don't even know why I wrote that xD)

3: And a study of an eye ...

I have decided to do more studys from now on!
    but see yah later!! over and out!

~Rebeckas Sketchbook~

~Rebeckas Sketchbook~

~Rebeckas Sketchbook~

Thanks
    Thank you Bethany! of course, will do.

Thanks
    Mega awesome penguin in my heart for ever thanks!
    Cheers/ your friend PMB

"Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!

My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8

Thanks

Help?

PaintMyBrain: No problems my friend Glad you like it!!

Okej, been doing a study of a skull today, playing around with different colours and stuff... but one problem, bakroundcolour? crit or tips of any kind are welcomed

~Rebeckas Sketchbook~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Here is one tip for you as you so kindly wrote on my sketchbook:

I have just scribbled down two eyes here. One with "broken" lines. and one where all the lines meet up. You can see that broken lines with gaps between them "suggest" depth and so are more interesting for the viewer. When you close up lines it flattens an object. Drawing eyes is one area where many people join up the lids as they do touch in the human eye.

Your eye in post #94 is an example of that. So next time you draw an eye or any object that is rounded like that think : "do I have to draw every line, or can I suggest it with a broken line more easily?"

I hope that helps. Its just a little scribble and I've done it small but I think it is great to know. Look at the works of Andrew Loomis - he uses broken lines in just about every form he draws on the head.
    Last edited by ThomasM; December 17th, 2010 at 07:20 AM.
    Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

Thanks
    hey there,

Thanks a lot for visiting my sb mate. I would like to go through your entire sb tomorrow, since im getting some free time. btw Im no expert but will tell you my honest opinion about your work, once im done.

Im seeing some lovely colors here. Im sure im going to enjoy this.
    My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven

Thanks
    Hello there,

Don’t like to go for double posts here but as I promised here’s my honest opinion about your work. I truly enjoyed going through it and seems that you have a unique style and have to say your linework is great. Anyways, if you could, please provide a suitable title and a short description when posting the artwork.

Some artists struggle to maintain a style but you just have a nice style already (esp linework, expressions and color). Try to learn and practice more so that you may improve the quality of your work. Little more knowledge about lighting and shadows would help you a lot, it seems. Andrew Loomis books would be a great starting place.

Well im no expert critique but here goes my honest opinions. There are some pieces that caught my eye and I have provided details.

#1 – Like the facial expression as well as warm and joyful color selection, despite her sad expression. (im presuming shes little sad). Well not really happy how her nose looks but hey, lovely piece. 5th image from top: redhead looks nice too. Well I don’t like the convenient shadow but its not bothering much.

#5 - Despite its just a doddle, big eyes and the face shape makes this tiny piece is lovely. Well done.

#7 – Again, bunch of cool work here. I like the neat linework here. Facial expressions of the Dragon and those goldfish are lovely. Scottish warrior woman looks nice too, im beginning to see a certain style that you follow and I like it.

# 27 – I like it. Again, neat and confident lines.

# 38 – These pieces look nice especially the expressions of the characters are well portrayed. Good job.

# 41 – I like these pieces a lot because of the color use and the style, specially the female archer. I wonder , why didn’t you draw the pupil of the eye? if there’s a reason behind it, let me know. Just curious

# 47 – well what else can I say, those curves are looking great (esp. 5th / 6th from top)

# 51 - you portrayed the facial expressions well and used a color that goes well with the mood. Good job. Well her heels are up in the air but not bothering much.

# 56 – Lovely color use. I like the octopus lady ( can I say that?) and her expression.

# 65 – Well well, Time I spent going through this isn’t wasted at all, in fact im enjoying this a lot. This piece is just awesome and super cute. I like the vivid Color use, nice facial expression and superb pose. Right leg looks bit skinny when compared to the other but its not much of a big deal anyways.

# 73 – Thus one looks delicious! Good color use and contrast. Thumbs high! Have to repeat myself about #81 too. Anything to eat around here? Im gettin’ hungry….

# 86 – I like the pose and the facial expressions. Some more details on the background and on the tentacles would have been great. Don’t get discouraged when you work with digital medium. With experience you’ll be able to fully express what’s in your imagination. Keep going.

# 94 – I like the subtle yellow pattern and the bluish highlight.

Well, All in all you have a great SB here. Keep practicing and post daily if possible. Will check out your SB whenever possible. Best of luck !

P.S. Digital media is great but don’t ever give up those colored pencils. Embrace them.
    Last edited by devastacio; December 18th, 2010 at 04:44 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven

Thanks

I totally forgot CA o.O

ThomasM: No problem, you've a awesome SB! True, I will think about that next time I draw Thank you very much for the helpful tips! Will also take a look at Andrew Loomis work asp!
    Take care!

devastacio: Hi there mate! Thank you very much for your honest opinios and the helpful tips! I will do my best to improve the stuff you pointed out About the post #41: I think I didn't want to draw the pupil because I wanted them to look more odd/scary, not like regular girls
    I'm very glad that you N'joyed my SB!! very happy girl over here! Will swing by your Sb too as often as I can
    Hah those colored pencils are pure awesomeness, I will never give those up!

Okay, I've been really lazy with the updating thing lately...back now!!
    First something I did yesterday, THE EYE, I was really playing around with colors and different media. Wanna do something that is NOT some doodlejibberjabber soon, sit down for a while and really make something wicked....
    The other peice is cartoon doodle I made while watching a movie the other day, love comic books and stuff like that so got a lot of my inspiration from there!

Will be back soon again with more ideas of mine, see yah!!

~Rebeckas Sketchbook~

~Rebeckas Sketchbook~

Thanks

waaah crazy...

Back again! Long time no see...

Today I have been spending about 30 minutes on this thing, supposed to be a lion skull but I didn't do a study of one.. so the whole skull can be very wrong from "real-life" view... Was thinking about a wicked zodiac and the result became my own little Leo (I'm born in august) ! Didn't dare to color it though...>.<

Appreciate any kind of tips and crit are very welcomed! If you got an idea what I can draw next, incase my imaginating fails me, then be my guest!

~Rebeckas Sketchbook~

Thanks
    nice eye and I love ur scribbles u know. But as you said urself, u should do something well planed and take ur time. Seems like after awhile u start on something else, u should try to work with one thing for atleast 3 hours minimum. you know that last girl I did that I rendered quite detailed, took me like 5 hours. keep it up
    Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Hellyeah she's getting better and better with the tablet. Can't wait for your new stuff in the next weeks / months. Keep it up lazy lady

Greetings,
    Flo

Thanks
    where are that chinabox? hope u have fun!
    Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast